Four

I wished I knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"So... hyung. Why so secretive?"

"Well, there's something or rather, someone behaving rather differently don't you think?"
Junhyung scanned the maknae's face, trying to spot any signs of wavering or discomfort that he would display when he was lying.
The two men were sitting at Junhyung's recording room, the younger one being dragged in by the older one when they were taking a break from practice.

Instead of showing any realization or masking of truth, the maknae merely frowned and gave a genuinely confused look, "Huh?"

Scratching his head in frustration, Junhyung spat while flailing his hands about, "Yoseob! The rest are blind but you, I would expect you to notice the difference!" 

Dongwoon's lips curled further downwards as he blinked at Junhyung, "What difference?"

"Yoseob is behaving strangely around me! And it's me only! He used to be nice and caring and stuff and he still is actually! However, recently, his smiles are less real and his eyes, they just do not sparkle like they used too! It's killing me to not know what is going on" Junhyung exclaimed exasperatedly, shaking the maknae on his shoulders desperately.

"Hmmm, do you want to try to make a guess as to why he is behaving like this to you?"

"Well, Yoseob's life is completely fine in all aspects, the last I checked. I called his family, talked to his other friends and I even went to her sister's cafe just to have a late night chat with her about him. The only part of him that I never heard or probed about is his love life. 
His sister that he does seem to have taken a fancy for someone but she mentioned that if he did, it's probably someone in Cube since he's always busy here and has no time for other activities.
Do you think he likes someone and that person is one of us?!"

Dongwoon continued frowning as he processed Junhyung's words and slowly, his lips started to curl in the opposite direction.
It started with a small smile before progressing to toothy grin and finally, Dongwoon burst into peals of laughter, his hand grasping his aching stomach. 

Junhyung sat up straight and grabbed Dongwoon by the collar, "What are you laughing about!?"
He had spent the past week trying to figure out the change in Yoseob's behavior. 
It was worrying because although Yoseob was there with him and for him physically, it was obvious that the smaller male was troubled. 
Glaring hard at the man who have seemingly morphed into a hyena, he smacked him hard on the back of the head, hoping that some physical pain might knock the hysteria out of him. 

"Ouch!" Dongwoon yelled, hand rubbing on the back of his head, his laughter ceased as the pain coursed through his body.

Rolling his eyes, Junhyung stared back at him, "You deserved that. So. What was so funny?"

Smirking slightly, Dongwoon placed a finger on his chin and feigned a thoughtful look, "Well, I did notice the difference. But I wonder... What.. or maybe, who brought about this difference and this change in him? I mean like, who could he have fallen for? And you mentioned that he behaves strangely in front of you only right?"

Clearly not getting the hint and sarcasm, Junhyung sighed and looked dejectedly to the ground, "I know. I keep trying to figure it out myself but I couldn't. 
Which is why I even approach you in the first place. So why were you laughing then?" 

Crossing his arms, Dongwoon looked at Junhyung irritably, "I was laughing because I thought maybe you would be smart enough to know WHO was affecting him and WHY he was affecting him to make him behave differently around YOU. But apparently, you just look smart."

"Hey! What was that supposed to mean?!"

"You really aren't smart if you don't even know what that was supposed to mean" Dongwoon grumbled angrily, sorely disappointed as he was certain that Junhyung could have been more aware of Yoseob's feelings towards him but it seemed like he was still frustratingly oblivious.

"Well, try to help me figure out what could be troubling him and how I could help!" Junhyung barked at Dongwoon, quickly losing his patience as the person he thought would be the most helpful turned out to be the least helpful and yet, was being sarcastic and biting with his remarks.

"Go figure it out yourself! I will not interfere in both your relationship." Dongwoon snapped and walked away, slamming the door behind him. 

Junhyung stared at the closed door and kicked the chair that Dongwoon was previously sitting on, "Unhelpful brat. And what does he mean by our relationship...?"

------

Yoseob entered Cube building and he glanced at the main clock, silently patting himself on the back. 
5AM and he was two hours early for dance practice which was great because he wanted to spend some time warming up and practicing his vocals. 

Wandering to a familiar vending machine, he inserted some coins and waited patiently as the machine started churning, preparing the cup of hot chocolate that he had been craving for.
The buzzing sound of the machine had a strange calming effect on him and as he grabbed the filled cup, he relished in the warmth it provided on his palms. 
Taking a daring sip, he cursed as his lips, as expected, got burnt from the hot drink. 

As he sauntered down the quiet corridor, he headed to the main practice room and opened it, finding the lights easily in the dark as they were all so familiar with the room already.
His body was naturally pulled to the keyboard that sat at the corner of the room and he settled himself on it, placing the hot chocolate aside.
Closing his eyes peacefully, he started playing a familiar tune and sang along to it.
This was what he desperately needed as the past week was such a challenge for him, trying to behave normally around Junhyung when all he wanted to do was to run away and at the same time, pounce on that handsome, charming man. 

It would definitely help him loads if he avoided Junhyung and it would give him less trouble but part of him also knew that he could never be far from Junhyung.
Not only would it bring about more suspicions in the older man, it would also kill Yoseob to not know how Junhyung was and if he was eating well, if he was sleeping well, if he was taking care of himself and well, basically everything about Junhyung.

As he sang his heart and soul out, happy memories that he had with Junhyung flashed across his mind and he smiled, thankful that he had met Junhyung and that they were such close friends.

People always see how Yoseob is running errands for Junhyung and caring for him. 
But they don't see how Junhyung is a pillar of support for the smaller male, they don't see how Junhyung would always be the one who makes Yoseob smile again, the one who wipes away his tears, the one who thinks of his welfare more than he himself does.
And deep down, he knew the other members knew too. 

Everybody else did not know but the members do. 
They would complain, they would be angry, they would rage, they would get upset, they would yell whenever they find that Yoseob is at the shorter end of stick. 
However, Yoseob knew that they would never press on more because they knew how much Junhyung would do for Yoseob too.

That was them. 
Best friends. Brothers that were unrelated by blood.

And sadly, that's all it would ever be.

As Yoseob opened his eyes, melancholy swallowing him up, he jumped on his seat, startled at a pair of eyes that were looking at him intensely and so closely at him.
"What are you doing here?!" Yoseob asked, closing the keyboard hurriedly, slamming it a little too hard because of the unwelcome disruption.

"My father owns part of this company, why can't I be here?" Leo leaned back and sat comfortably on a stray chair near Yoseob.

"Your father owned, not own part of this company", Yoseob retorted, standing up to busy himself with anything else but being near the pompous looking man in his expensive looking suit.

Leo watched as Yoseob went around the room,  adjusting the minimal furniture in the room before finally giving up, standing at the opposite corner of the room with his cup of now cold chocolate drink. 
He was highly amused by the petulant pout of the man and intrigued by how even when he was evidently flustered and annoyed, he could still look so adorable. 
It must be the eyes, he thought, as he continued staring blatantly at the large dark orbs which stood out against the pale, white skin of the small man.

"Well, he would get it back anyway," Leo replied casually, uninterested in business matters now and more fascinated with Yoseob. "Why are you standing so far away from me?"

"Because I don't like you", Yoseob deadpanned, sinking even deeper into the corner he was in, trying to further increase the distance between them.

"If you tried to know me, you might like me, I can be--"

"I highly doubt so, can you please leave?" Yoseob interrupted, not even bothering to keep up with formalities or politeness.

Leo took a few steps forward slowly, a grin forming in his face, while Yoseob backed up against the wall instinctively. 
It didn't take long for the man to reach Yoseob and it took even lesser time for him to entrap Yoseob in the corner with his hands. 

"I just came... It's rude to ask me to leave already." He whispered into Yoseob's ears, blowing lightly into his ears.

Yoseob shivered, disturbed by the intimate act and tried to push him away, "Get away from me."

Leo stood his ground and his smirk grew, "I can't. Ever since I met you, I can't seem to get away from you.
Sometimes, when I'm in the company and I see you around, my eyes just can't seem to move away from you."
He leaned his face closely to the smaller male whose heart was thumping hard in fear but was determined to not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter