Eleven

I wished I knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Decided?" Mr Jung placed his newspaper away as he eyed his young son who had just arrived at the dining table for breakfast. 
It has been days since their discussion on whether Leo would break the couple apart or play the kind hero, sacrificing his love for happiness, the latter being Mr Jung's least preferred choice as it was deemed cowardly to him.
Nodding his head, Leo took his seat and started helping himself to the spread that lay on the table.

"What's the plan?"

"Jealousy", Leo replied simply.
He looked up from his food to meet his father's questioning gaze before setting his cutlery down.
"I've took the time to observe them quietly for the past few days and I saw how Yong Jun Hyung is the possessive and easily jealous sort.
Just yesterday, he almost broke Hyunseung's neck just for getting Yoseob to feed him chips with his hands." 

"Ahhh..." Mr Jung grinned, proud that his son was no coward and in fact, was working on a plan.
"Tell me more about this jealousy plan."

"The one thing that is keeping Junhyung sane is the fact that he trusts Yoseob. When the trust is gone, the jealousy in him will be uncontrollable."

"You know it wouldn't be easy to break the trust right?" 

Leo smirked and shook his head, "It would be easy if I picked the right person for the job."

"Oh? Someone else is in on this plan?"

"No but I can get him to be without him even knowing, " Leo smiled as he tucked into his food joyfully. 

"Son, I'm getting more confused by the minute."

"Yoon Doo Joon. Leader of Beast and also, the other half that most fans would pair Yoseob with. 
He's the only one who dares to ignore the daggers from Junhyung's eyes, and yet, also the one who Junhyung is most uptight about.
Involving the leader would guarantee a higher chance of success in breaking Beast up."

Snickering in delight, Mr Jung nodded his head in agreement, "I see you have it all thought out. I shall wait and watch the drama unfold then. Don't disappoint me."

Leo snorted, "I won't. I'm not going to let Yoseob go so easily this time."

-------

Yoseob played with Junhyung's hair absentmindedly as the older man lay on his lap, eyes closed and humming softly to a new tune he was working on.
Sighing a little, Yoseob frowned as he thought about the past few days. 
Something was up and he was aware about it but he could not place a finger on what exactly it was.

The humming stopped and Yoseob snapped out of his daze. 
It wasn't a loud humming and neither was the singer paying close attention to it, however, it was a calming background sound and now that it stopped, Yoseob was slightly disappointed. 
He looked down and saw that the rapper's eyes were now opened, staring at him unblinkingly.

"What's bothering you?" Junhyung asked concernedly, lifting his hand and tickling the singer's chin at the same time.
It had been the sixth time that Junhyung had heard the soft sighs coming out from the singer, knowing that he himself probably wasn't aware that he had sighed.

Yoseob shake his head and smiled, feeling stupid all of a sudden, "It's nothing. I'm pretty sure I'm just tired."

Junhyung propped himself up and leaned back on the couch, now guiding Yoseob to lie on his lap. 
With the change in position, Yoseob feels more vulnerable and exposed to Junhyung. 

Looking upwards now, his eyes were lost in the worried and questioning gaze of Junhyung's. 
It wasn't possible to hide to his feelings from this man, not that he wanted to anyway.

"Tell me", Junhyung urged gently, caressing Yoseob's pale cheeks lightly, chuckling when he saw a pink tint forming on the cheeks as his fingers it.

Pouting, Yoseob started, "Well, I might be overthinking but there's something strange with Leo. I mean, not that I know him well enough.
But for the past few days, do you feel that he seems to be observing every one of us?"

"Hmmm, how so? Are there any particular things that you noticed?"

"Well, for one, he always have his eyes on me previously. Now, I find that he keeps looking at all five of you instead. Especially you, in fact."

"Awww, my boyfriend misses the attention he gets from the guy who's crushing on him?" Junhyung teased, tickling the neck of Yoseob.

Smacking his chest lightly, Yoseob gave a little whine, "You know that's not true. I just feel that... I don't know. Like maybe he's up to something?"

Junhyung furrowed his brows, his lips curled into a thoughtful frown, "You think he would try to separate us again?"

"Could it be possible?"

Gently nudging Yoseob up until he was seated on his lap, Junhyung wrapped his arms around Yoseob tightly, "He can try but it's not possible. 
Now that we are together, I am never letting you go."

Feigning suffocation, Yoseob squirmed half-heartedly in the warm embrace, "Let me go, let me go!"

Chuckling as he hugged him even tighter, Junhyung gave him a loving peck on the cheek, "Never".

Smiling widely, Yoseob stopped teasing and stared straight into his eyes, "Good."

------   The schedule today was mainly song recordings in Cube and so, all six of the members were happily munching in the quiet and empty staff canteen, casually chatting with one another, three on each side of the table. They have purposely chosen to eat after the lunch hour even though they knew that the place would be closed but they wanted some privacy as a group and the canteen in-charge would always allow them in no matter what since she found them so endearing.

On one end sat the couple and on the other end, Dongwoon was sneaking food from Kikwang's plate to his, silently laughing at his hyung's naivety as Kikwang kept exclaiming to Hyunseung and Doojoon who were in the middle of the table that his plate was cursed as the food kept disappearing.
Hyunseung mildly nodded, wondering if Kikwang's brain was really small because of his head size while Doojoon completely ignored the frantic lead dancer.
The leader couldn't care much as he was too engaged in an animated conversation with Yoseob, who was on his right, talking excitedly about the recent soccer match that has just passed, gushing about the key highlights.

Junhyung who was beside Hyunseung, in front of Yoseob, simply watched Yoseob as he spoke. 
He smiled to himself as he thought of how he could do this for hours, just watching his boyfriend speak, the eyes sparkling and the lips curled so beautifully. 
A sudden inspiration hit him and he took out his notebook and started scribbling words that could very well be lyrics of their next song.
  He felt a soft kick under the table and he looked up, staring directly into the cheeky eyes of his boyfriend.
Yoseob pointed at his melting ice cream that was left untouched and he snickered silently at his impish boyfriend.
No matter how much boxing Yoseob does, the natural cuteness in him still escapes once in awhile.
As soon as he nodded his head as a gesture for Yoseob to take the ice cream, the singer's eyes twinkled and he quickly grabbed it, as if he was afraid Junhyung might change his mind.

Doojoon gave a side-wards glance and placed his ice cream on Yoseob's tray, "You can have mine too if you want."

Junhyung narrowed his eyes and placed the ice cream back on Doojoon's tray, "Too much ice cream might give him a stomach ache." 

The leader scoffed as he placed his ice cream on Kikwang's tray which was lacking of the ice cream since maknae had taken it.
Junhyung was much more tolerable in him showing his affection for Yoseob but there were times when he still gets unreasonably jealous.
Although the leader noted that as long as Yoseob was around to reassure him, his anger would dissipate really quickly.
"Yah, you sure are one easily jealous man. I wouldn't have expected this from you." 

"Well it's simply because sometimes, you don't know how to keep your hands to yourself." Junhyung retorted.

Yoseob kicked Junhyung softly under the table again while patting Doojoon's back, "Don't take his words to heart."

"But... but", Junhyung stammered, upset that his boyfriend was not taking his side.

"But what? I love you more than anybody else here and in a very special manner. All the members are like my brothers.
As someone whom I deeply love, shouldn't you be more accep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter