Eight (Double update)

I wished I knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoseob woke up the next day with a throbbing pain on his head. 
He groaned as he sat up on his bed, which he slowly came to realise was actually Junhyung's since he was on the lower row of the beds.
As he was about to crawl out of the bed, Junhyung stepped into the room, spotted that he was awake and sat down at the foot of the bed, glaring at him.

"What?" He asked, eyes widening when he heard how raspy his voice was and how painful it was to speak.

"Now you know better than to drink so much", Junhyung lectured, flicking Yoseob's forehead, bringing about a slight pout in the small male.

Smiling at the cute singer, Junhyung passed him a cup of water, "I've informed manager hyung that you would not be joining us in rehearsals today.
So take this time to rest your throat."

Nodding sadly, Yoseob could only agree. He looked at his phone while drinking from the cup and realised it was almost noon already.
"Why are you still here" He questioned raspily, his throat stinging as he spoke.

"Tasked to take care of you and to make sure your boyfriend do not over indulge you again.
He has been banned from meeting you today to ensure you make a speedy recovery."

Yoseob shrugged his shoulders, not caring that he will not be meeting Leo and more concern of the fact that he would be alone with Junhyung all day long.
He was about to leave the bed to wash up when Junhyung pulled him back to sit beside him.
"Why did you drink so much last night?"

The impish male planted a wide smile immediately, "to celebrate the rehearsal's success".

"Liar."

"It's true. Why else would I drink?"

Junhyung looked like he was about to say something but thought twice and bit his lips and frowned instead.
He stood up abruptly and while walking out of the room, he muttered, "Lunch is on the table, come eat with me when you're done."

Yoseob continued sitting on the bed, still wondering about what had just happened.
It was strange how Junhyung's eyes had flickered between desperation and sadness so quickly only to be void of emotions within a second.
He wanted to convince himself that he had imagined it but although it happened within that second, Yoseob was sure he saw it.
All the thinking was not helping the persistent headache and so, he decided to wash up and think about it when he was better.

When he was done washing up, he went to the dining room and saw that Junhyung had cooked dumpling soup and steamed rice.
He smiled and patted the man lightly on the head, "So thoughtful of you to prepare this good food for my throat."

Junhyung laughed and pulled Yoseob down to sit on the chair beside him, "I know, I'm the best."
Yoseob chuckled and gazed into Junhyung's eyes that were now dancing with happiness.
He had missed this so much.
He had missed the time spent with Junhyung where they both were laughing and speaking in a carefree manner. 
He had missed looking into Junhyung's eyes without feeling guilty for harbouring feelings for him and openly watching it twinkle.

He blinked away and started reaching for the food, ready to satisfy his growling stomach.

Taking a sip of the soup, Yoseob hummed in delight.
It was the perfect thing to have first thing in the morning when one is having a hangover.
It filled the stomach with warmth but was not too strong that it would cause him to run to the toilet.

Chewing on the dumpling, he turned to Junhyung and gave him a thumbs up immediately.
Swallowing it, he exclaimed excitedly, "this tastes like my mother's dumpling!!!!" 

Throwing his head back to laugh at Yoseob's dramatic behavior, Junhyung's eyes crinkled with joy as he explained, 
"It's good that it does. I called her very early in the morning to ask her for the recipe and she guided me throughout the whole process through the phone!
She's amazingly patient and kind."

Yoseob nodded, agreeing with Junhyung, bright doe eyes meeting Junhyung's.

"Just like you..." Junhyung mumbled under his breath, looking away quickly.

Yoseob saw it again.
That flickering of emotions in his eyes.
He placed his spoon down and tilted Junhyung's face such that the rapper could look nowhere else but at him.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah..."

"Liar."

"It's true."

Yoseob mumbled a soft string of curses before pulling Junhyung in for a hug.
He did not know what had taken over him to be so daring but as he buried his face in the crook of Junhyung's neck, he inhaled his scent deeply.
"Don't lie to me, Junnie. Anyone can lie to me and hide their secrets from me, but you can't. 
I'll be very hurt if you ever keep anything from me." He muttered softly, his lips brushing Junhyung's neck as he spoke.

He felt the rapper's arms slinking around his waist and he shifted himself until he was on the same chair as Junhyung, pressing closely to him.
It was too good to be true. It was just like a dream. And if it really was, he didn't want to wake up from this.
This felt...perfect.

"I'm sorry. I guess I was just shocked when you saved Leo yesterday. I know you did it because you always had this heroic streak in you.
However, when I saw how close you were to the crashed lightings, I freaked out. I cannot imagine how it would have been if you hadn't been that nimble.
The last thing I would like to see would be you under that pile of shattered metal and glass." Junhyung murmured gently into Yoseob's hair, his hands around Yoseob's waist tightening their hold, afraid to let go.

Yoseob smiled and Junhyung felt it on his neck, a smile forming on his face himself.
"I'm not like you. I exercise so I would definitely be fast enough."

"What if you weren't?" Junhyung scolded lightly, placing his hands on Yoseob's shoulders and looking deep into his eyes.

Yoseob felt himself burning from the intense gaze and prayed that his cheeks didn't show, "What if I weren't?", he daringly asked back.
He knew he shouldn't be expecting much but he wanted to see from Junhyung's eyes, to read the emotions that were running through the rapper.

"I would not have been able to continue living happily. Things would be different."

"Why wouldn't you be able to live happily? What kind of different? Good or bad?" Yoseob urged, desperate for the answer and not bothering to hide his plea.

Junhyung easily lifted Yoseob and placed him back on his own chair, "You should eat more. You're so light."

"Tell me, Junnie. Why don't you reply me?"

Junhyung merely stood up, back facing Yoseob, "Because you're my best friend. I wouldn't be happy without you..." 
Then he walked away, leaving Yoseob wondering.

He had not been able to look into Junhyung's eyes when he spoke the final sentence.
He didn't know if it was the real answer or not.
However, part of him was telling him that Junhyung knew that his eyes were not able to lie.
Which was why he turned away when he gave his answer.
Did he dare to harbour such hopes? 

He strained his ears as he heard Junhyung on the phone again, loudly saying sweet nothings to Jihyun.
He sighed, staring sadly into the bowl of soup in front of him.

No, he didn't dare to harbour such hopes.
In fact, there shouldn't even be such hopes.
Because they are not hopes. They are just delusions.

Yoseob's delusions.

-------

Two weeks passed and Yoseob was still playing the role as Leo's boyfriend.
Leo had been kinde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter