Fourteen

I wished I knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What? How did you --?” Leo stuttered and tripped over his words as he stared at Junhyung in shock, Yoseob standing calmly behind him like it was the most natural thing in the world to see the rapper.
“Because I knew that this silly man here comes here whenever he is upset and me being taken away from him would obviously upset him.” Yoseob whispered, his words meant for Leo but his eyes not leaving those of Junhyung’s.

"Seobie..." Junhyung called hoarsely as he moved forward to get to him.
He had dejectedly left Cube when there were still no news of Yoseob and the 12 hours wait had seemed too long for him.

He had strolled aimlessly along the Han River, remembering the times he had with the small singer and was about to break down when he spotted the familiar outline of his love. Running hurriedly towards him, he realized that Leo was with him and a few seconds later, Yoseob was pointing at the rapper and speaking to Leo in a steady tone.
It amazed him how his lover’s voice did not falter even while speaking to the kidnapper but that aside, he was mad pissed at Leo and the atrocity of him to conduct such an act. 

He really wanted to throw a punch into Leo's face, but something about the whole situation was holding him back.
While he knows that Leo could be rash and irrational right now, it was impossible that Yoseob would have lost his sanity, agreed to his nonsense and maintain such a mild attitude towards Leo.

True enough, Yoseob gave him a soft reassurance "Junnie, just wait a little while. I'll be back with you in a little bit. Give me some time with Leo."
He was extremely unwilling to allow the still-gaping man to continue being near Yoseob for one more second but he could see the determination in his love. Nodding his head stiffly, he took a few steps back to give the both of them more space and time. 

Leo eyed Junhyung as he walked further from them before turning to Yoseob, his mouth finally closed and the shock on his face wearing off gradually, “He sure gives you up easily doesn’t he?” The bitterness and resentment in his voice ringing loud and clear.
His frown curled even more when Yoseob started giggling, wondering what was so amusing about what he had just said.

“Couldn’t you see how he looked when I told him to give us some more time? It was like I forced him to eat a whole raw lemon. Leo, Junhyung is only giving us more time because he knows that it is what would make me happy. Just look at him right now.” 

Leo turned slowly so as to not be too obvious in staring and saw that Junhyung was far enough to be out of earshot but close enough to run over if anything were to happen to Yoseob. 

“Look at the way his fists are clenched so tightly, it shows how anxious he is. Then check out the way his feet are positioned, that’s not how people usually stand. He’s in a ready to run stance, as if expecting for something bad to happen and he needs to rush over to save me.” Yoseob spoke softly and slowly, making sure that Leo is able to see what he sees and to really understand what he is driving at. 

Leo remained silent for a long while before he turned and took a few steps forward, looking out at the river and sighing softly. Yoseob was eager to know what he was thinking about but decided to give him some time, sure that he would speak when he’s ready.

As the breeze continued blowing in their faces, a broken whisper could be heard.

“And the way his eyes are locked on to you, every time you’re around him. The way he is always looking out for you even when there are others around you…” Leo tore his eyes away from the river and gazed sadly into Yoseob’s eyes.

“I’ve seen it all, I’ve noticed it all. I guess, I just never really wanted to admit that he was loving you right and that what you both have is so strong that I cannot break it. All my life, I get whatever I wanted, whoever I wanted. Yoseob, you must understand… I really love you so much. You’re like the perfect gift that the heavens gave me from the day I met you. I’m not sure if it was those eyes, or the charming personality, or the sweet voice but Yoseob, you really became someone I really want in my life so quickly.”

The small singer gave a small smile and nodded his head in acknowledgement. He took a few tentative steps, and pulled Leo in for a hug, “I know, and I’m honored. But you must know too, that not all feelings can be requited and that rather than trying to force something to happen which will only result in me hating you, you would gain more by just being my friend.”

He didn’t know why, he wasn’t even one who cries, but his eyes stung and there was a huge lump in his throat. Choking down a sob, he returned Yoseob’s hug and gave a loud sniff to regain his composure, “I’m sorry. For all that I’ve done to hurt you or to keep you and him apart. I’m sorry for all the terrible thoughts I had and for wanting to even more terrible stuff to you. I am a selfish and mean person. Would you still accept a scumbag like me as your friend?”

Yoseob pulled away gently and broke into a wide smile, his eyes warm and inviting, “Of course! Because if you are my friend, there’s a high chance you aren’t that scummy a scumbag!” 
A huge surge of warmth flowed through his body as he took in the earnest eyes, genuine smile and sincerity of the small singer. “Thank you, let me do this for the last time ever.” Unable to control himself, he leaned forward and gave him a light kiss on the lips. 

Before Yoseob could even react, he felt a protective, strong arm snaking around his waist and Leo was being pushed back with another arm belonging to exact same person.
“Hugging is the limit! What do you think you are doing?!” Junhyung yelled at Leo, his eyes blazing with anger.

Swiftly wiping his lips with the back of his hand and then again on Junhyung’s shirt, Yoseob tugged at the hem of his shirt and pressed his lips against his love. He murmured soothingly against Junhyung’s lips, “There, there. This is for you, its better because this is enjoyed by both people.” The small singer knew that Leo probably was doing it as a way to officially let go of him but of course Junhyung would not be okay with it. However, what’s done had been done and since he couldn’t turn back time, he has to salvage the situation by placating his boyfriend.

"I'm sorry, that was just like a... Kind of a farewell kiss", Leo added, looking at Junhyung directly in the eyes, sincerity shining in it.

Junhyung placed his hands on the sides of Yoseob's head, pulled the little singer away slightly and pouted, "but how could you... Why did you... Yah you cannot go around kissing people goodbye!"

Yoseob laughed at the incredulous look on Junhyung's face and started pinching his cheeks lovingly, "You are just so adorable at times you know. I hadn't anticipated that and if I did, I wouldn't have let it happened alright? I know that my lips are for you only." With that, he gave a little peck on the rapper's lips, slightly them as he leaned away from him and rested most of his weight on his lover's arm that were still wrapped tightly around his waist.

The rapper gave a sigh and gave a little nip on Yoseob's nose, "how do one ever stay mad at you?"

"No one does, it's one of the perks of being cute", the small singer quipped as he smirked proudly, knowing that his lover has been placated. 

"Hey Yanggaengie!" 

The couple and Leo turned at the new voice, seeing Doojoon and Dongwoon smirking at them.

"Yanggaengie? He's here?" Yoseob asked as he frowned at the two of them, wondering why would they have Yanggaeng with them.

Doojoon's smirk grew even wider and he pointed at Junhyung, "No but he is almost like Yanggaengie, so obedient and compliant."

Rolling his eyes, Junhyung pulled Yoseob in for a tighter hug, burying his face in his hair as he took in all of Yoseob's scent. 
"Doojoon, do you job as a leader and settle Leo for me."

Yoseob hurriedly pushed Junhyung away and stood infront of Leo, shaking his head and pleaded with Doojoon, "Leo has learned from his mistake, really!
He's a nice guy, if not, why would he allow me to run free in this manner, going to wherever I wanted to go? Trust me, guys!"

Dongwoon held both his hyungs back as they looked like they were about to pull Yoseob away from 'danger', "Let's listen to Yoseob hyung.
Maybe he's right, maybe Leo really deserves a second chance."

Doojoon rapped the maknae's head with his knuckles and half-shouted at him, "This man kidnappe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter