Three (Double update)

I wished I knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoseob willed his legs to move faster and that his tired thighs would not give up on him now, not at this crucial moment at least.
A drop of water landed on his nose and cursed inwardly at his luck and pedalled even faster towards the restaurant. 
He was about five minutes away only and if he cycled a little faster, he would be able to reach in three minutes.

As he pedalled hard, the umbrella strapped across his back suddenly got caught on his back wheel and he was flung away from the bicycle.
About a meter or two away from the fallen bicycle, he rolled at his eyes and blamed his own clumsiness, bearing with the pain he felt from his scrapped knees and standing up almost immediately.
He adjusted the bicycle swiftly and was on it and back to cycling within a matter of seconds, the umbrella strapped higher on his back and angled less dangerously as before.

The bicycle skidded to a stop at the entrance of the restaurant and he ran towards it without hesiation. 
The doors opened as the restaurant staff held them open for him. 
Waving his palms embarrassingly to indicate that he was not there as a customer, he gave a shy laugh and bowed at the staff, passing him the umbrella.

"Hi, could you do me a favour and help me pass this umbrella to the Mr Yong who is seated on table 6 please?"

The staff stared curiously at him and he just shrugged it off with a laugh, "It's not a secret weapon or something. He's the one who asked me to pass it to him." 
"Alright, and who should I say this is from?" 

"From his best friend!" Yoseob smiled sheepishly and he turned away, ready to grab his bicycle and cycle back quickly before the downpour starts now that it has started drizzling.

Hopping on his bicycle again, he started cycling more leisurely now that there wasn't a timing to meet.
Junhyung had messaged him, saying that the girl was dressed to the nines for the high end restaurant that they were dining in.
However, they had heard some thunder and the girl refused to get slightly wet or run a little in the rain to their car which was parked directly in front of the restaurant.
Yoseob had seen the distance and honestly, it was only a four metres short sprint at most. 
Therefore, Yoseob was tasked to rush there with an umbrella as the restaurant had none available before they finished their dessert which was about now.

As heavier rain drops fell on Yoseob, he started laughing pathetically at himself.

It was true. He was pathetic.
Junhyung could very well figure out another way to solve the issue. He could easily have stayed a little while longer in the restaurant and wait for the rain to pass.
However, when he messaged Yoseob to complain about the problem, Yoseob had jumped at the opportunity to help Junhyung.
He was the one who suggested delivering the umbrella.
He was the one who made Junhyung think that it was okay that he was doing this for him.

Because he wanted to still be useful to Junhyung. 
He wanted to think that even if his feelings for Junhyung isn't reciprocated, somehow, Junhyung would still appreciate Yoseob being around.

As pedalled along the road, the raindrops started falling heavier and heavier and the wind was growing stronger and stronger.
It reached an extent that Yoseob lost complete vision of the street and that he could not push his bicycle against the strong wind, thus, he could not advance at all.
Sighing at his luck for nth time in the night, he dragged his bicycle to a nearby shelter and sat there, completely soaked, his knees still bleeding from the fall previously.

His phone beeped and he took it out carefully from his windbreaker with his fingers so as to not get water on it.
It was then when he realised that his palms were also bleeding and the scratches on it looked pretty gruesome.
Unlocking his phone, saw that it was a message that the phone's battery is critically low and before he knew it, his phone died on him.
Raising an eyebrow, very certain that his luck was really at rock bottom tonight, he kept his phone back and closed his eyes, listening to the pitter pattering of the rain drops.

Instead of falling into a peaceful slumber as he wanted to, the image of Junhyung and his girlfriend appeared in his mind.
He does not know how the new girl looks like and even if he could have tried to see just now at the restaurant, he didn't want to.
Because if he was a girl, at least he could try to look even better or behave in an even more attractive manner.
However, he wasn't.
He couldn't grow out his hair real long, go for a hair colour change, put on coloured contacts, wear some push ups, strut about in higher heels or wear some foam pads.
If he did all that, it would just be really weird and yet, he still wouldn't be a female.
The gender that Junhyung is interested in.

Slightly humoured by his own thought, he opened his eyes and stared at his chest. 
"Now, if you were to morph into two lumps suddenly, I would be really worried."
He laughed at his own joke, geuninely amused at first but slowly, bitterness sunk in.

It wasn't about the physical aspects of his body.
It was simply because Junhyung would never love him because he wasn't a female.
It was his identity. It was who he is, who he will always be, who he will never want to change or alter.
But it was also because of this identity, he would never know what it is like to have Junhyung loving him in a special way.

"The girl must be really lucky", he thought as he looked up into the night sky, trying but failing to see where exactly the raindrops start falling from.
It was about an hour wait, thankfully shorter than the past few nights of thunderstorms that continued throughout the night, for Yoseob as the sky finally cleared and he could start cycling back home. 
He shuddered to think what the other members would say if he reached home any later.
It was obvious that Hyunseung and Doojoon was extremely ticked when he had to excuse himself from their already-late dinner just to give Junhyung an umbrella.
Dongwoon and Kikwang were slightly more understanding, knowing that Yoseob would still do it whether they liked it or not and rather to be nice than hostile about Yoseob's sometimes-ridiculous decisions.

When he finally reached home, he heard a loud crash and he hurriedly unlocked the door and run in, not caring that he was dripping water all over due to his soaked clothings.
He reached the living room and saw Doojoon and Dongwoon holding Junhyung back while Kikwang was holding Hyunseung back with a broken cup lying in the middle of everyone.

"What's going on guys?" He asked quietly, afraid to worsen the situation, whatever was happening, but very concerned over the dagger glares Hyunseung and Junhyung were shooting at each other.

"Seobie!" Doojoon exclaimed, thanking his lucky stars that the most crucial person was back home at the right time and that he was safe and sound.

Yoseob peered past Doojoon's shoulder, still keeping his eyes on the other members who were now showing signs of huge relief, but not wanting to push Doojoon away from hugging him since the leader was obviously very thankful of something.

"What's going on?" He repeated.

Hyunseung narrowed his eyes further and pointed at Junhyung, "I was about to kill this man here for making you go out in such a weather for such a stupid reason!" 

"How was I to know that he would cycle instead of take a cab?! And the waiter only informed me that he was on a bicycle when I was about to leave the restaurant because I commented that vision of the streets would be low! If he had not linked that with the memory of Seobie cycling away, I wouldn't even have known! But the moment I knew, I rushed home!" 

"Why did you have to get him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter