015

Better Left Unsaid

Chapter 15

 

 

{Listen to Coldplay - Yellow (Violin Cover)}

 

 

The day had come way too early for anyone’s liking. The sun was shining, the sky painted in baby blue decorated with white fluffy clouds. Despite the beautiful weather, the members felt the opposite. The mood was down, a dull grey. The dorm was silent as everyone quietly got dressed in their black suits. The joy that was once there was gone. The voice that greeted them in the morning was no longer there. The smile that could shine up the whole world had disappeared.

 

All of their hearts felt heavy, they couldn’t accept this cruel reality. Why did it have to turn out this way? No one could eat breakfast that day, the food wouldn’t settle properly. Eyes puffy and red, voice hoarse, face pale. That was what decorated the members’ faces, except for one who had all three conditions. Jeon Jungkook. He felt as if his world has crashed, broken into tiny pieces.

 

The boys all stood in front of the door looking at each other. Namjoon smiled sadly before patting Jungkook on the shoulder.

 

“Come on guys. Jimin’s waiting for us.” He whispered with his hoarse voice.

 


 

They had reached his grave, where Jimin lay. His gravestone read ‘a strong fighter’. Which he was. Jimin was indeed strong. He was able to fight against his tumour for so long. Everyone just wished he could have carried on fighting and win once and for all.

 

Jungkook’s eyes never left his gravestone. He twirled the ring on his finger, the gold ring reflecting against the sunlight. Jungkook looked up at the sky, at the beautiful weather.

 

“Jimin would have loved this weather.” He whispered to himself, smiling sadly.

 

Jungkook just couldn’t believe the harsh reality. The most important person in his life was… gone. His heart squeezed painfully at the thought. No more hugs, cuddles, and kisses. No more Jimin. Jungkook thought back to one of the last image of Jimin while he was alive. The image instantly warming his heart but he couldn’t help but cry.

 

Jungkook held Jimin’s hand tightly. His heart beating incredibly fast. Jimin looked so lifeless, pale.

 

“Jungkook.” Jimin spoke softly.

 

“Yes Jimin?” Jungkook responded, trying to contain his tears.

 

“Remember what I told you. After everything.” Jimin averted his eyes, analyzing Jungkook’s reaction.

 

Jungkook froze. ‘No’ he thought. Not now. This is not ending. We are not ending.

 

“My current favourite song is ‘Lost Stars.’” Jimin grinned.

 

“No hyung. Don’t start talking about this yet. We still have so much to do. W-we need to visit the park and have a picnic. We need to- we can’t end like this.” Jungkook cried.

 

The others heard Jungkook’s cry and immediately entered the room. With one glimpse at the couple they knew exactly what was happening. The goodbyes. Hoseok already started trembling, trying to stay strong. He wants Jimin’s last memory of him to look happy and be full of smiles.

 

The boys silently stared at the tragic scene in front of them. They didn’t have the heart to intervene.

 

“You know how much I love you right? I mean I say it a lot but do you know exactly how much?” Jimin questioned, the smile never leaving his face.

 

“How much?”

 

“From the moon and back, and times that by infinite. That’s how much I love you.”

 

Jungkook intertwined Jimin’s hand with his and gently kissed the back of his hand. His lips lingering for a little longer.

 

“I love you with all of my heart.”

 

Jimin looked at the others in the room and smiled sadly.

 

“Come here guys.”

 

The boys slowly walked towards Jimin, all trying their best not to cry.

 

“Wow, look at us. The Bangtan Boys. Look at how far we have come.” Jimin sighed in amazement and pride.

 

“Do you remember when we first met and how awkward it was? And then Hoseok hyung started to dance weirdly, man that really melted the ice.” Hoseok chuckled quietly.

 

“When I heard I was being placed with this group I was incredibly nervous but excited. I was finally living my dream. On top of that I had a bonus of living it with you guys and having this guy steal my heart.” Jimin grinned at Jungkook, squeezing their intertwined hands.

 

“And I am incredibly grateful.” Jimin smiled sweetly while looking at each of them in the eye.

 

“And we are incredibly grateful to have you.” Namjoon squeezed his shoulder while giving a brotherly smile. Jimin smile widened even more.

 

“I love you guys.”

 


 

The boys stood in a line, while staring longingly at Jimin’s casket. Who would’ve thought this day would come so soon. The boys all held a white flower as they placed it on Jimin. The last to put his flower down was Jungkook. The broken boy took heavy steps to where his lover lay, a heart breaking expression on his face as he tries to hold his tears in. But his vision was already becoming blurry from his tears. Jungkook put his flower at the centre before kissing Jimin one more time on the forehead.

 

“Why did it have to come to this Jimin?” He spoke lowly.

 

“We still had so much to do. We were supposed to go on more dates, tour in every country, get married one day and have a family of our own. We had so many plans.” Jungkook cried quietly, sniffing deeply. Jungkook felt a hand rest on his shoulder, giving him a reassuring squeeze. He turned around and saw Jimin’s mother giving him a sad smile similar to his.

 

Jungkook immediately hugged her and let the tears fully out. Jimin’s mother softly patted his hair to calm him down while letting the tears loose herself.

 

“Shhh.”

 

“I miss him so much Mrs. Park.” Jungkook cried.

 

“I know son. I miss him too.” Her voice cracked.

 

After a couple of minutes Jungkook eventually calmed down and stepped away from Jimin’s mother, to meet her eyes.

 

Mrs. Park gave him the motherly smile, while touching his right cheek as Jungkook unintentionally leaned into her palm. Jimin's mother truly is beautiful, Jimin looked exactly like her.

 

“I’m just glad, my Jiminnie had you. He was very fond of you. Thank you for loving my child. Thank you for giving him the love I couldn’t always give to him.” Jimin’s mother broke down.

 

This time Jungkook brought her in for a hug while rubbing smooth circles on her back.

 

“You loved him just as right. So please don’t say that, Jimin was always grateful to have you.”

 

“Thank you.” She said gratefully.

 

“Always remember Jungkook-ah, you’re always free to speak to me whenever you want. Like I always said, you are like a son to me too. My Jiminnie sure did pick the best men like his mother.” She attempted to joke, to make Jungkook smile as he wished to which he did.

 

“Thank you.” He breathed, while staring at his lover’s mother.

 

Jungkook walked back to where Jimin lay, he stared at him one last time to remember every little detail about Jimin. He softly ran his hands through Jimin’s hair.

 

“I’ll always love you. Goodbye Park Jimin.”

 

Jungkook walked to where the other boys were waiting. Taehyung immediately brought him in for a hug as the other boys joined in too. Seokjin played with Jungkook's hair, while he rested his head on Taehyung's shoulder. Hoseok whispered reassuring words, while Namjoon looked at Yoongi giving him a slight nod.

 

“This is not the end.” Yoongi spoke, turning his attention away from Namjoon to Jungkook. The boys all quietly stared at Yoongi, before Jungkook grinned.

 

 

 

This is not the end.” He repeated with a smile.

 


Wow guys. Look at how far WE have come too. I just want to thank you all for the love and support you have given me throughout this story. Thank you all so much. We have the final chapter left to go which will be updated soon!