014

Better Left Unsaid

Chapter 14

 

{Listen to James Arthur - Roses ft. Emeli Sandé}

 

 

 

“Call the ambulance.”

 

Those three words haunted the boys’ minds all day. Currently, they were back in the familiar waiting room, while Jimin is being examined. It was chaotic, hectic, a big mess. When they discovered Jimin unconscious all hell broke loose. Namjoon immediately called the ambulance while Jungkook dashed towards Jimin trying everything to wake him up. Jungkook’s world was slowly breaking.

 

Their manager was with them too, looking just as worried as the others. He hated to think of the idea, but Jimin was slowly fading away. His condition is getting worse. But he knew he couldn’t say it out loud, it would only wound the boys even more. He had sympathy for the couple, they just announced their relationship publicly and already they’re losing each other. This is the harsh reality.

 

Jungkook sat stiffly on the chair, hands covering his face. From his body language, anyone could tell he was exhausted and stressed. His hair was a mess, his clothes wrinkled. He couldn’t think straight. When he saw Jimin laying there, not moving he struggled to breathe. The sight of Jimin so pale where hammering harshly making him aware that this is all actually happening. And it scares him.

 

Taehyung sat beside Jungkook tapping his foot; he was agitating the news of Jimin. He breathed in deeply to calm himself down.

 

“He’s going to make it.” Jungkook spoke with determination.

 

“He has to.” He whispered.

 

“Yeah.” Taehyung spoke softly.

 

Jungkook twirled the cold silver ring on his ring finger. Their promise ring.

 

 // Flashback //

 

There was one day left before the award show. The boys were buzzed but nervous. They had decided to finally announce Jimin’s and Jungkook’s relationship nationally and internationally.

 

“But I’m scared, what if they don’t react as well?” Jimin said, biting his lips nervously out of habit.

 

“You have us, you have me so don’t worry. I’ll be here to protect you.” Jungkook spoke smoothly, his eyes reflecting love and determination.

 

“That reminds me, I have something for you.” Jungkook brought something out of his pocket.

 

He got up from his seat and bent down on one knee, directly in front of Jimin. He held out the black velvet box, which contained a simple yet beautiful ring. Jimin looked at Jungkook in surprise and shock.

 

“Park Jimin, will you stay by my side for eternity?”

 

Jungkook presented the silver promise ring, which symbolized their commitment to the relationship.

 

“Of course.” Jimin smiled.

 

Jungkook put the ring on Jimin’s ring finger while Jimin did the same.

 

“This ring ties a knot, that we will always stay together through thick and thin. You’ll always have me and I’ll always have you.”

 

“I love you.” Jimin said and instantly kissed him on the lips.

 

“Oh my god, honey get the camera!” Hoseok squealed ruining the beautiful moment.

 

The others and the couple laughed at Hoseok’s horrible impression of a stereotypical middle-aged mother.

 

Jungkook would have laughed at the memory if his heart weren’t in so much pain.

 


 

The doctor came out of Jimin’s room and cleared his throat. The boys were so deep in thought they didn’t even notice the doctor coming out. Jungkook, instantly met eyes with the doctor and ran towards him.

 

“HOW IS HE?!” He clutched the doctor’s shoulders. The others instantly behind him.

 

The doctor looked at Jungkook with an exhausted and sympathetic expression.

 

“His condition has gotten worse. We aren’t exactly sure, what will happen to him since he refused to receive treatment and with how much his condition has worsened, it is too dangerous to treat him now.”

 

Jungkook’s heart squeezed painfully, he felt as if he couldn’t breathe. His hold on the doctor loosened, and limply put his arms to his side.

 

“Can we see him?” Jungkook asked with a small voice. Right now Jungkook looked like a small, fragile boy.

 

“Of course.”

 

Jungkook breathed in deeply and stepped inside, the others still silent behind him.

 

Jimin was sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed. Beside him stood the heart monitor, beeping with every beat. Jungkook walked towards the window and opened the window letting in the cool summer afternoon breeze. He glanced at Jimin behind him and looked back at the view. The sun was about to set, the sky a beautiful mixture of orange and purple. It felt like déjà vu.

 

Jungkook took a seat beside Jimin’s bed and stared longingly at him, no doubt reminiscing about the last time he was with Jimin in a hospital room. His body ached to cuddle Jimin, holding the boy in his arms forever and never let him go. Jungkook wished he could take away all of Jimin’s pain, the past and the present. He wishes that Jimin never experienced any sadness, as he deserves to be happy. Jungkook rested his head at the edge of the bed, while cuddling Jimin’s arm and soon fell asleep from exhaustion.

 

The others came in after wards and were met with a bittersweet scene. The way Jungkook’s sleeping form was clutching onto Jimin’s arm like his life depends on it. They could feel their heart breaking watching the young couple; they boys really don’t deserve this.  They really don’t.

 

“They’ve been through so much.” Taehyung spoke quietly in his deep voice.

 

The others could only agree silently. They really have.

 


 

Jimin stirred in his sleep. His right arm felt heavy. He slowly opened his eyes and stared at the white ceiling.

 

“Hey kiddo.” A voice spoke. Namjoon smiled at him sweetly.

 

“How are you feeling?”

 

“Good, a little tired.” Taehyung appeared besides Namjoon and ruffled Jimin’s hair affectionately.


 

“We’re glad you’re awake.” Taehyung smiled brightly, his smile really could bright up the entire room.

 

“You really scared us.” Yoongi spoke, who was leaning at the other end of bed. Beside him were Seokjin and Hoseok who nodded cutely like two puppies. Jimin only smiled in return.

 

Jimin finally remembered the weight on his arm and was met with a fluff of black hair cuddling his arm. The sight made his heart warm. Jungkook. With his left hand, he softly ran his fingers through Jungkook’s hair. Jungkook stirred in his sleep. He slowly fluttered his tired eyes open and realized someone was playing with his hair. The touch was familiar. He picked his head up to see his Jimin, awake and smiling lovingly at him. Jungkook immediately beamed in happiness and kissed him on the lips.

 

“I’m so glad you’re awake.” He breathed.

 

“Me too. I missed seeing your handsome face already.” Jimin joked.

 

“It’s not even been a minute and you guys are already being all lovey dovey.” Yoongi teased causing the others to laugh while the lovers chuckled in return.

 

“Don’t be jealous hyung.” Jungkook stuck his tongue out, before returning his attention back to Jimin.

 

Yoongi smiled sadly, he caught the other member’s eyes who returned similar expressions, that the couple was oblivious to. Jimin really does make Jungkook happy, and none of the guys can ever imagine one without the other. Jungkook without Jimin.

 


{Listen to Aquilo - Calling Me

 

The boys spoke for hours on end. Giggles and laughter flew around the room as they boys reminisced all the memories they have shared.

 

“Oh my gosh! Do you remember when Hoseok hyung danced to ‘Ice Cream Cake’ with his angry bird flapping all over.” Laughter erupted in the room. Jimin covered his mouth with his hands while he laughed, a cute habit of his.

 

“Oh! What about when Tae got the punishment and had to eat the jelly!” Hoseok fired cheekily making Taehyung blush in embarrassment. Seokjin was clutching his stomach, while laughing so hard.

 

“Don’t forget when Yoongi dressed as a maid. Oh god, I never want to see that again.” Namjoon cringed.

 

“Ha ha. So funny. Don’t lie, you know I looked hot.” Yoongi smirked while wiggling his eyebrows.

 

“Let’s not forget the time I caught Jungkook literally drooling over Jimin.” Yoongi hollered.

 

“How can we forget that? I had to clean up all the drool he spilt on the floor." Seokjin said in annoyance before letting out a smile.

 

“Ugh shut up. It’s not my fault Jimin does this to me. I’m a boy with hormones.”

 

“Ewww, take your hormones some where else.” Hoseok yelled in disgust. Jimin could only laugh in embarrassment, his face a bright shade of red.

 

After two more hours, the boys sat in a peaceful silence. They were watching a drama that they started in the middle of. The boys were sprawled out pretty much everywhere. Jimin’s head was resting lazily on Jungkook’s shoulder, while his hand was intertwined with Jungkook’s. Jimin felt tired. Beyond tired. But he didn’t want to sleep just yet, because he knew once he closed his eyes… they wouldn’t open again.

 

Jimin didn’t know what to do. Whether to cry or to stay calm. He regrets not taking care of this condition so that maybe, just maybe he would’ve been alright by now and healthy again. That he would be normal again. But despite the sadness, Jimin felt happy. Because despite not being able to be with the members physically he will be beside them spiritually. No matter what, he will always look out for them.

 

Jimin glanced at his hand intertwined with Jungkook’s. They fitted so perfectly, as if the sole purpose of them being made is for each other. They were made to be together. Jungkook’s much larger hand fitted like a puzzle piece with Jimin’s smaller hand. Jimin raised their hands towards his lips, and softly kissed the back of Jungkook’s hand.

 

‘I will always love you.’ Jimin thought to himself. Jimin looked around the room at the others. Namjoon was close to falling asleep with Yoongi resting his head on Namjoon’s lap, and Seokjin on his shoulder. On the other side of Jimin sat Hoseok and Taehyung, sitting cozily with their full attention on the drama. Jimin’s heart broke, this will be the last time he will see them like this.

 

Jimin glanced at Taehyung. ‘My best friend. I will miss you.’ Jimin felt his eyes watering. Because despite all of this, from here onwards Jimin would be alone. All by himself. And he didn’t want to be alone just yet.

 

He looked at Hoseok, who had his arms securely around Taehyung. ‘Please take care of him for me and thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for always making me smile. And thank you for staying by my side when I had no one else. I love you.’

 

Jimin was feeling more tired by the second as he sleepily rubbed his eyes. He turned his attention to Yoongi. ‘I’m glad you finally have the full support from your friends and now parents. I am so proud of you hyung for staying strong. I’m sad I won’t be able to hear your future compositions.’

 

He switched to Seokjin, who always looked so perfect without even trying. ‘Thank you for always taking care of me. I will miss your nagging, because I always considered you my second mother with the way you treat me. I’m sorry for worrying you all the time.’

 

His eyes landed on the leader of the group. ‘Namjoon hyung. Thank you for always looking out for us. Thank you for being responsible for us no matter how hard and a burden it could be sometimes. I know, that you feel a lot of sadness inside despite you not showing it. And all I can wish for is, that one day you are as happy as you can be. Please, take care of Jungkook for me as he looks up to you the most.’

 

And finally, his eyes turned to the final person. Jungkook. Jimin felt a tear let loose. ‘I’m incredibly sorry that I have to leave you like this. Thank you for being able to make me smile again. Thank you for loving me right. Thank you for treating me like I’m the most important person in the world. Thank you for all the hugs and kisses we shared in the middle of the night. I will love you forever, Jeon Jungkook. Please stay happy, smiling suits you.’

 

Jimin wished he could say this out loud but he didn’t want to spoil the peace in the room. Because after a long time, he is able to see the guys look so calm and peaceful as if they have no worries or doubts. Jimin was unable to keep his eyes open anymore. It was time. He rested comfortably on Jungkook’s shoulder and inhaled his scent for the last time. He closed his eyes and waited for sleep to come.

 

“I love you guys.” He spoke for the last time. The guys chuckled softly, returning their ‘I love you’s back. He felt Jungkook’s chest rumble and his low ‘I love you too’ as he kissed him on his forehead. Satisfied, with how it is ending Jimin rested peacefully, a beautiful smile on his lips as his hand was still intertwined with Jungkook’s. He heard the heart monitor, beeping with every beat as it started to slow down until he could no longer hear.
 

The monitor went flat. There was no more heart beat. The guys immediately got up and looked at Jimin with shock and sadness. Everything happened so quickly. Someone ran to get the doctor while the others were either silent from shock or crying loudly. Especially Jungkook. The second he heard the monitor going flat, he started shaking Jimin. Slapping him on the cheek to wake him up. When nothing worked, he cradled Jimin in his arms rocking him back and forth.

 

“Please. Please don’t leave me.” He whispered as tears rolled down his cheeks. He looked at Jimin, the smile still on his lips. No one has ever seen him look so peaceful before. Jungkook's world has finally broke. His Jimin left him. Jungkook felt numb but at the same time he felt every emotion. He cried in agony, the pain was unbearable. How can he go on without Jimin? He begged Jimin to wake up but Jimin didn't. Jungkook's heart had permanently shattered. 

 

Jimin. Park Jimin was gone. No longer alive. No longer breathing. No longer smiling or laughing.

 

 

 

The end to Park Jimin's story came too soon and no one was prepared. 

 


Damn. I feel really sad just writing this chapter. Theres one or two more left of the aftermath until this story will finally be complete. Thank you for being patient with me, I have my final exam next week until I am free. So please look forward to the next chapter. I know this will cause some tears for you guys and I'm sorry but we all knew this would come eventually. Until next time.