Slow

With Me, You Fall In Love Again

YYJ

 

The morning breeze caress my cheek as soon as I opened our door house. Dad was still eating his breakfast. “Jung-ah, this evening see you at grandma’s house!” he shouted. I tried to act like I didn’t hear a word.

 

The house that both of us are living in is Grandad and Grandma before they moved. Since Grandad is teaching in university, they moved to a nearer place. Well, it has been a while though.

 

When I turned right, I see Kai is waiting for me. He was leaning against the wall, with headphone on his neck. He was closing his eyes, while embracing his beloved green backpack. He is still wearing his glasses.

 

“Morning,” I greet him. He slowly opened his eyes looking at me.

 

“I have something important to talk with you,” he replied. I nodded. “Tell me now,” I spouts. He was hesitate at first saying he will tell me later. But of course, if he didn’t tell me now, I cannot focus in class. So, I decide that he should tell me now.

 

“Let me prepare my heart first,” I said before taking a long deep breath. It is still early for school, if we walk slowly we still have a plenty of time.

 

“I need to focus on exam,” he starts. I smiled while saying all right and I will be very understanding.

 

“Let’s breakup,” he said.

 

“The hhhhell!” I yelled.

 

“No. No! No! I mean let’s slow down okay, I mean let me focus...Ah, how do I say this!” He started sweating trying to find a good explanation.

 

“Okay...I’ll do as you say,” I replied.

 

In this case, I am certain that I am the best girl ever. Kai is trying very hard in exam, and I respect his decision. Slowing down our relationship doesn’t mean we didn’t love each other. So, I am trying to be very optimistic regarding this matter.

 

“Jung...are you serious!?” He asked.

 

I already know, he will utterly disbelief with my decision. Furthermore, this might be the best for us. For me, I also need some time to prepare with the sports university entrance, and both of us going to be very busy. I am not getting in his way to success. I mean, if taking a break can help him improve and focus, why not?!

 

“Kai-ah, I love you,” I mumbled and smile.

 

He looked at me. 

 

“Jung-ah, thank you”, he replied.

 

And the time passes just like that. 

 

 

***

 

I wait for dad at A2 Exit for fifteen minutes and he told me he was waiting at A1 exit. I was so unhappy but decided to run for it. Both of us walk side by side to reach grandma house.

 

When we reached there, as usual grandma greet me with a warm smile and of course grandad cold shoulder. During dinner, I sat right next to Grandma.

 

“Jung, have you decided about my offer yet?” Grandad suddenly asked broken the silent among us. “Yes, I have already told the teacher in charge about it, I will send my resume soon,” I replied.

 

He seems cool, but I know he is certainly very happy with my decision. “Oi oi, why on earth you never told me anything!” Dad exclaims.

 

“I am telling you right now though,” I replied slowly. “Your mom send you some money for expanses,” Grandad speak.

 

Me and dad turn into a cold stone. Grandma pull out a white envelope and handed it to me. “If you take you are not going home with me today!” My dad exclaimed again.

 

“Jung is my daughter, not sister. It has been many years since she left, suddenly sending money, the hellla going on her head,” he replied.

 

I smiled. “Grandma , you take it,” I said. Grandad voice was stern, “take it,” he mumbled. I turn to look at dad. He signed me to take it.

 

Returning home dad didn’t talk at all with

me until we reached the main door. “Jung-ah, although I sometimes behave wrongly, but to me you is my precious daughter you know. Since my sis left you with me, your grandpa and grandma also sick, I decided to have you as my daughter, so I’m sorry,” he talks slowly.

 

“Dad, what are you talking about. I don’t care if i am only your niece, aren’t we still a family?” I asked.

 

He nodded smiling at me.