Next To Her

With Me, You Fall In Love Again

She hand over a poster for me. I look at the poster for a while before taking it with me. Yoojung look as cheerful as always. She always smile like an idiot and act like nothing happen even people are hating her.

 

The only problem about Yoojung is,

 

She is too optimistic.

 

Her smiles just look all idiot. I just put the poster next to my biology textbook.

 

 While scanning through the pages, she makes a flower pot pose using her hands, all giggling with her sparking pair of eyes eyeing at me. She smiles as the moment out eyes met up with each other. 

 

We are going out nearly two months and I always suggest we takes things slowly. Of course, she always trying though.

 

"Will you go?" She asked me.

I look at the poster once again, this time probably more serious.

 

I just give her a single nod. 

 

The competition starts at 8, Saturday. 

 

Wait, this is a judo competition!

"You know judo? I thought you just teach taekwando?!" I questioned her.

 

Her smiles turn brighter saying she just barely passed the preliminary round. And the competition just involved semi finals and final.

 

Wait, what up with this monster?

 

"How do you know ive been teaching taekwando?" She asked me.

 

Well, it is not a suprise as she always tell me her schedule of a day! Everyday!

 

**** 

 

Competition Day ; 

 

Half past 12, and I just wake up from my sleep. I look at the alarm,before going to the dining room. 

 

"Mom, i just take brunch!" I yelled. Mom just nod, while the maids filled the tables with dishes. I ate all the dishes slowly. Later, i went and watch some television, but nothing interesting come to my mind.

 

 

I took my phone only to find a lot of miss called from that monster. 

 

33 missed calls.

 

I just sighed. Well, it is Saturday after all. Why on earth did she call me?! I should have told her earlier, i am a hard sleeper, i wont get up early in Saturday! Please stop bothering me.

 

 

Then, I opened her short message.

 

"I've lost."

 Short, strict and scaring me to death.

 

Now that I remembered, today was her competition.

 

I quickly got into my room, took of my jacket, put of my pants and placed a hat on my head. 

 

"Kai-ah, you should bath before..."

 

Mom,asked me to bath before heading out, but i just ignored her. I ride of my bicycle as fast as i could. 

 

Will she get sad if no one see her competition?

 

Upon reaching the competition hall, everyone was leaving. I just can hear they were saying all good things about the competition. I look around for Yoojung. Only to find myself funny.

 

Why on earth I was here? 

Oh, she will definitely kill me if I didn't showed up.

 

Why do i care if she killed me?

Yeah, i care. I love my life.

 

Shall i just head home? But, i was already here! Maybe, she lost and already go back home. 

 

She doesn't cry. That bij never shed tears. She just a girl who had loses screw in her head. All smiling like a fool without caring about anything!

 

I sighed.

 

Then, I find her there. Together sitting with Suho in a supreme awkwardness. Why did Suho was here? I run towards them. They did bot says anything.

"Kai-ah, you're here!" She greeted me like nothing happened.

 

Suho stands immediately. "See ya in school," he sighed and fist-bump her. I look at her.

 

"My dad got a date with her new girlfriend,so he didn't come," she told me. I just silenced looking at bruises on her left arms.

 

There was a first aid kit near the place where Suho sit earlier.

 

"Your hand, is it hurt?" I asked.

 

She looked into my eyes. Her eyes filled with tears but she still can smile brightly. 

 

"Dad didn't come, mom already throw me away, i thought you won't come too," her voice more softer,before a little drop falls rolling down her cheeks.

 

"Ahh, so this is happiness," she uttered before I pulled her into my embrace.

 

I wonder what did she means with happiness. I just feel that she probably needs a hug, and I just happened to be...there,

 

Next to her