The Night Of

A Simple Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The brakes weren’t working.  Another couple dozens of stomping on the lifeless piece of metal proved that. One glance at the speedometer told her that she was going way over the 50 km/hr speed limit.  Another glance out the front window told her it was pitch black outside, the only light on the dark road coming from her glaring headlights.  It was only then that she realized she was barefoot and only had a thin chiffon dress to shield her from the brisk wind that whipped against the open windows.  She kept one hand firmly on the steering wheel of god knows whose car—because it sure as hell wasn’t hers—and used the other to fumble with the window buttons.  Her attempts were feeble and the brisk wind continued to whistle in a mocking tone.  God, does any part of this car work? She thought, frustration and borderline fear overtaking every other thought.  ‘I can fix it,’ she thought with determination.  ‘I can fix it, I just need—‘ A piercing scream escaped as the car threw itself off a cliff and into the open arms of utter darkness.

Jessica jerked awake, her heart still racing from the nightmare.  It took her a couple minutes to steady her breathing and calm her nerves.  After running a shaky hand through her damp, fresh-out-of-the-shower hair, she was finally able to relax against the headboard of Jiyong’s king sized bed.  Her eyes immediately sought out Jiyong, hoping that her ruckus hadn’t woken him up.  He’s been very busy lately and needed all the rest he could get.  But, he wasn’t there.  The pillow next to her was wrinkled and the hollow dip imprinted on it definitely proved that he was there at one point.   ‘He must have had too much coffee’ she thought a bit disappointed but mostly tired from last night’s events.

Her mind wandered back to the exhausting afternoon they spent replying to messages and the long phone conversations they had with their agencies.  By far the most crucial was the conversation with YG and Big Bang.  YG had initially been angry with Jiyong for ignoring his calls but eventually calmed down when Jessica talked to him and explained their reasoning.  He’d always had a soft spot for Jessica, probably due in part to the crappy way her former company treated her and also the way Jiyong treasured her.  He knew deep down that they were a perfect match, but also predicted that they wouldn’t be able to hide for long.  From the beginning he had told them to be very careful and here they were:  in the same sticky situation he warned them against.  After listening to his thoughts and advice, they all decided that the best thing they can do is reveal the relationship and come out with the truth.  All three of them knew that Jiyong and Jessica’s relationship was strong enough to endure the storm that would come from it.

Jessica smiled brightly when she thought about the phone call that followed.  The next conversation they had was with the big bang members and was much happier than the previous phone call with YG.  All of the members had been very supportive and genuinely happy for the couple.  They’d seen this coming sooner or later and just wanted the world to see the loving relationship they had.  It made Jessica very sure of their decision and lifted her spirits. 

After replying to all her messages, Jessica had gone upstairs to take a nice, hot shower and ended up falling asleep on Jiyong’s bed in only a silky red robe.  She vaguely recalls Jiyong coming in, covering her thin body with a thick, white blanket and climbing into the spot beside her.  She had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter