The Camping Trip

A Simple Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Camping Trip

After a long 3 hour drive (half of which was spent arguing over which song to play next), the two cars reached the campsite.  Yoona and Jessica had taken quick power naps along the way; however, Krystal, being in the company of two attractive men, could not and would not allow herself to sleep.  First of all, she didn’t trust neither TOP nor Seungri enough yet to allow them to see her asleep and thus vulnerable. And second of all, they would constantly crack jokes and fool around which made it impossible for Krystal to not join in on the fun.  After all, that was the whole point of the trip: to have fun. 

When Jiyong and Seungri parked their cars in their designated parking spaces, they noticed that Taeyang’s car was already there, meaning that he and his girlfriend, Hyorin, had arrived before the rest of the group.  A quick scan of the area proved that fact.  Taeyang and Hyorin were standing beside the campsite barbeque and had already gotten a good fire started by the time the others unloaded all their belongings. 

The campsite was a very picturesque place, surrounded by tall, lush trees and an earthly scent.  Since the group wanted an ‘authentic’ camping trip, there was a copious amount of space upon which the tents would have to be built. Also, four picnic tables were arranged in a square near the barbeque Taeyang and Hyorin were prepping.  A couple feet away from them stood another, unused barbeque for the group’s convenience. Luckily, the bathrooms and showers were also located only a few meters away from their site.  Looking around the large area, Jessica was impressed that Seungri had made sure to book a vast enough space to accommodate all ten of them.

“Hey guys!” Taeyang called out as the campers poured out of their cars and made their way towards the fire he and Hyorin had created.

“What’s up, bro?” Jiyong greeted as he plopped his bag down on one of the picnic tables and gave Taeyang a bro-hug. 

After everyone had gathered around the fire, Taeyang announced in a clear and proud voice, “hey everyone, this is Hyorin, my girlfriend.  Some of you may have met her or heard about her, but I thought I should formally introduce her to all of you.”

“Annyeonghasiyo, I’m Hyorin,” Hyorin said brightly and bowed politely.  Everyone else also bowed in response and exchanged greetings.

“Well, it seems like there’s definitely a spark between you two,” Jessica joked, referring to the fire they had started for the barbeque. 

“Ya, your love seems to be ‘burning’ strong,” Jiyong joined in on the teasing, causing the group to laugh.

“Hey make sure not to get her mad, Hyung, or else you’d be playing with fire,” Daesung said, causing another wave of laughter among everyone.

“Ya, and Hyung-“ Seungri started but was interrupted by Taeyang.

“Okay guys, that’s enough with the fire jokes.”

“But I didn’t even get to say mine!” Seungri protested.

“Missed your chance, dude,” Taeyang said with a grin, obviously picking on Seungri.

“Ugh, this always happens,” Seungri sighed dramatically, causing everyone to laugh.

“Okay guys, we should probably set up the tents now,” TOP said as he picked up one of the two rolled up packages from the picnic table.

“Oooh, about that!  I had an idea,” Yoona said excitedly as she picked up the other rolled up package, “how about we break up into two teams and compete to see who can set up their tent the fastest.  The team that loses will be punished, somehow.”

“What sort of punishment should be given?” Minyoung asked warily.

“Umm nothing too bad since we’re all still getting to know each other,” Yoona replied after some thought.

“How about the team that loses makes lunch for the rest of the group?” Krystal suggested, earning nods of approval from the rest of the group.

“Okay, and how do we wanna split the group?” Taeyang asked then smirked, “should we do the classic boys vs. girls thing since there’s an equal number of us?”

“Are you sure you wanna do that?” Hyorin asked with a confident grin.

“Ya, we all know how competitive us girls can get,” Krystal smirked as she stood by Hyorin.

“And we all know how aggressive us boys can get,” Seungri countered confidently.

“But, I mean, it’s pretty clear we’re going to win,” Minyoung said.

“The only thing that’s clear is the image I have in my mind of you cooking me lunch,” Daesung retorted with a giant smile.

“Oooh, bring it on,” Hyorin said with a competitive glint in her eyes.

“Okay, you guys do that,” Jiyong ordered calmly as he unfolded a chair and pulled on his sunglasses, “I’m just going to sit here and supervise.”

“I’m gonna help him with that!” Jessica said and also unfolded a chair.

Unfortunately, neither the Boys nor Girls group would allow one of their me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter