The Date 2

A Simple Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica and Jiyong had been on countless dates, but this one was different.  Prior to the confirmation of their relationship, the couple would always be forced to meet in remote, low-key places in heavy disguises.  The only time they would be completely comfortable on a date was if it was in one of their homes.  However, now that they had nothing to hide and their relationship was well received by the public, Jiyong wanted to have a normal date; one where they could walk hand in hand in broad daylight and be completely comfortable.  Thus, after cleaning up both the kitchen and themselves, they were ready to step out and explore Seoul together. 

Jessica had left her caramel colored hair in loose waves and was only wearing minimal makeup.  Her outfit consisted of a black tank-top tucked into high-waisted, light wash denim shorts paired with a thin, white, knit cardigan and dark brown sandals.  And of course, a pair of her Blanc & Eclare sunglasses rested on top of her head, completing the outfit.  Jiyong was also dressed casually yet fashionably in navy shorts, a white, v-neck t-shirt paired with grey and white converse shoes and black, Chanel sunglasses.  He was also wearing a hat backwards that had bits of blue, yellow, white and peach faded into each other, making his outfit look like the epitome of summer. 

When they reached Jessica’s front door, they both stopped for a minute in front of the full length mirror in the hallway and admired each other.  They looked like they’d just come from a high fashion magazine shoot. 

“Damn…we look good,” Jiyong praised as his eyes scanned Jessica’s reflection in approval. 

Jessica laughed and intertwined her hand with his, “then let’s go show off a bit.”

With that, they were off and out the door.  They’d decided to go for a nice walk and go with the flow the entire day, doing things on impulse and having a carefree day together.  All throughout the walk, their hands never left each other and they continuously fooled around and laughed to the point where they would have to stop for a minute to catch their breaths.  Currently they were walking by a park and Jiyong was walking backwards in front of Jessica, holding up his phone as he took non-stop pictures of her. 

“Oppa, stop,” Jessica laughed embarrassedly as she held her hands in front of the camera.

“Smile, Sica.  This is going on Instagram,” Jiyong said with a smirk and moved her arm away from the camera. 

“Nooo, oppa,” Jessica whined and covered her face with both her hands.

Jiyong switched to the video option and started to videotape her, “baby, can you please look at the camera? Just once?”

“Uh-uh,” Jessica said cutely as she shook her head, causing Jiyong to chuckle. 

Jiyong sighed dramatically, still videotaping her, and said, “fine.  I stopped taking pictures, you can move your hands now.”

Jessica peeked over her hands and narrowed her eyes suspiciously.  Then she saw the camera and covered her face again.

“Oppa!!” she protested loudly and tried to take his phone away from him.  Jiyong laughed as he repeatedly moved the phone out of her reach, causing her to grow even more irritated.  Her hands moved all over his body as he kept backing up and held the phone behind his back.

“Jiyong!  Delete it!” Jessica exclaimed as she kept trying to reach around him and take the phone away.

Jiyong slipped the phone into his back pocket and held up his hands innocently, “I don’t have it.”

“Oppa,” Jessica said in an unimpressed tone.  Then she began to reach for his back pocket.

“Sica!  This is an invasion of my personal bubble!”  Jiyong joked as he gripped her wrists and looked at her in mock disbelief.  Jessica rolled her eyes with a grin and wriggled out of his arms.  Before Jiyong had time to react, she quickly plucked the phone out of his back pocket. Then, she quickly ran away from him and sat on a nearby bench.  Jiyong shook his head amusedly at her retreating figure and followed her to the bench.  When he reached her, she had already put in his passcode and was watching the video he’d just taken of her. 

“Baby, don’t delete it,” Jiyong mumbled quietly as he came up behind the bench and draped his arms over her shoulders.

“Why?” she asked as she turned her head towards his. 

“Because it’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter