The Double Date

A Simple Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong awoke to the muffled sounds of birds chirping outside the window and the clangs of dishes in the kitchen.  On top of that commotion, he could also practically feel Jessica's eyes staring at his face.  He kept his eyes closed as he tried to return to the blissful wonderland that was sleep, but he could only ignore Jessica's gazes for so long. 

"Is there something on my face?" Jiyong asked amusedly as he stretched his limbs over Jessica's body, which was practically glued on to his given the limited space provided by the couch.  

"How could you possibly know I was staring at you? You didn't even open your eyes!" Jessica exclaimed with fascination.

Jiyong buried his face in her hair and mumbled, "you should know by now how intelligent I am."

Jessica laughed and shook her head, "were you awake when my mom and dad came down?"

"Oh damn!  I totally forgot they were here," Jiyong said as he sprang back from Jessica and glanced around to make sure Mr. and Mrs. Jung didn't see them sleeping together. 

"Relax, Ji," Jessica laughed, "they went to work early in the morning.  But when they came down the stairs and saw us, mom could not stop talking about how 'cute' we are together.  Even dad was smiling, though he would never admit it."

Jiyong grinned and pulled her close against his body, "well, if they left... then I guess we have the house to ourselves today,"

"Actually, Krys is in the kitchen, making breakfast as we speak.  You should've seen her face when she saw us.  A mixture of disgust and admiration, it was priceless." Jessica laughed.

"Really?  Then I don't think she'd mind if..." Jiyong closed the gap between them and kissed Jessica tenderly.

Jessica wrapped her arms around Jiyong's neck as he deepened the kiss and pulled the blanket over their heads.  Jiyong could feel her flushing deeper as his hands roamed her warm body and he placed kisses on her jaw.  With his lips locked with hers again, he attempted to climb on top of her, but didn't realize that Jessica was at the very edge of the couch.  When he tried to turn her onto her back, there was no couch to support her so she fell straight to the ground with a scream.  Jiyong gaped at her in surprise for a good couple of seconds before laughter overtook both of them.  Jessica was laughing while still lying on the floor and Jiyong had collapsed on the couch as his body shook with laughter.  After a couple minutes Jiyong finally got up and helped Jessica to her feet, making sure to dust off her pajamas.

"Yah Kwon Jiyong! Are you trying to kill me?" Jessica asked and smacked his chest repeatedly.

Jiyong laughed, caught her hands in his and pulled her into a hug, "Sorry, baby. Are you okay?"

"Just hurt my head, neck, spine, and legs.  No big deal," Jessica joked and hugged him tightly.

"As long as your heart's okay we'll be fine," Jiyong teased.

"Yah!  Can you guys peel yourselves away from each other long enough to have breakfast?" Krystal called from the kitchen.

Jessica rolled her eyes and yelled back, "we'll be right there!"

"Are you okay to walk from here to the kitchen, your highness?  Or do you need me to carry you there?" Jiyong joked as he pulled away from their embrace.

"Why, what a loyal subject I have.  If carrying me is your wish, then so be it," Jessica played along and looped an arm around his neck as he lifted her--bridal style-- to the kitchen.

"What are you guys doing?" Krystal asked, unimpressed as she took off her blue cooking apron.

"Queen Jessica the First has just had a severe fall and must be closely attended to," Jiyong said with a playful grin.

"What?" Krystal laughed incredulously.

"We were making out on the couch when Jiyong literally dropped me onto the ground," Jessica pouted sadly.

"Well, then I hope you guys learned a lesson.  DON'T make out on the couch!" Krystal exclaimed.

"Easier said then done," Jiyong replied as he dished out some omelette for Jessica and himself.

Krystal furrowed her eyebrows together in confusion, "you know what, I'm not even going to try to figure what that means."

They ate breakfast with light conversation, discussing the upcoming camping trip and Krystal's comeback schedule.

"So, I'm guessing you two have big plans tonight?" Krystal asked expectantly.

Jessica and Jiyong glanced at each other in confusion before turning back to Krystal.  

"Why would you assume that?" Jessica asked.

"You don't? Tonight's the lunar eclipse!  It doesn't happen very often so it would be a shame to miss seeing it.  It's supposed to be really pretty and romantic," Krystal explained excitedly.

"Oh, right!  I heard about that from Seungri.  He said the exact same thing," Jiyong said and exchanged a knowing glance with Jessica.

"I have an idea!" Jessica exclaimed excitedly, "how about all four of us go star gazing tonight and watch the lunar eclipse?"

"I approve.  I'm going to call Seungri right now and tell him," Jiyong said before Krystal had time to interject.

"But, you guys-" Krystal began to protest but Jiyong had already dialed Seungri's number and put him on speaker.

"Oh, Hyung!  What's up?" Seungri asked tiredly on the other line.

"Were you sleeping?  Sorry to wake you, but I was just wondering if you wanted to go on a double date with Sica and I today?"

"DATE?" Krystal whisper-yelled at Jiyong.

"With who?" Seungri asked suspiciously.

"Krystal," Jiyong said with a grin, ignoring the glares Krystal was throwing at him.

"K-Krystal?  Really?  When? Tongiht? I'm free.  Totally free.  In fact I can come right now if you want," Seungri said excitedly.

"Hold on there, big boy, we're going star gazing around 7:00.  So come to Jessica's place around that time and we'll go from there." Jiyong explained with an amused smile.

"Okay thank you Hyung.  Seriously, I owe you," 

"Ya, ya.  Just make sure to not put too much makeup on," He teased before hanging up.

"Date?" Krystal asked with disbelief as she glanced back and forth between Jiyong and Jessica, "I never agreed to this!"

"Oh come one Soojung.  You're the one who was going on and  on about how "pretty" and "romantic" it's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter