The Nostalgia

A Simple Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well, the first thing we’re here for is lunch,” Jiyong explained as he pulled the shimmery, silver handles to the front door of the YG building open.  He motioned for Jessica to enter with a welcoming smile.  After a moment of suspicious hesitation, Jessica stepped inside the sleek, luxurious building.  Jiyong followed her inside and glanced at her curiously.  She was standing still, with her shoulders stiff and was biting on her bottom lip anxiously.  He smiled again and stepped in front of her.

“You okay, babe?” He asked as he brought one hand up to cup her face.  Jessica hadn’t been to the YG building in a couple months and when she did, her visits were usually very brief and non-explorative.  The only places she’d really seen were his recording studio and the cafeteria.  He knew that the reason she didn’t feel very comfortable was because the whole entertainment company aspect of the building brought up memories from SM.  Since she’d spent so much time trying to forget the whole situation, Jiyong felt like she’d never completely gotten over it properly.  And although he understood the struggles Jessica went through, he hoped that he could help her build better memories and overcome the uncomfortableness she felt with anything even vaguely related to her previous idol life. 

Jessica blinked up at him with wide eyes, then she squared her thin shoulders and lifted her chin bravely, “Yup, I’m good.”

“That’s my girl,” Jiyong said with a proud smile and kissed her forehead before holding her hand and leading her through the building. 

Immediately it was like a bow festival, as the pair ran into YG workers and greeted them as a sign of respect.  Jiyong knew almost every single person he saw in the building and would occasionally introduce his closer friends to Jessica as they ran in to them.  By the time they reached the famous cafeteria, Jessica had met two hairstylists, a PR person and a music technician, all of whom had been very welcoming and had congratulated the couple on their relationship.  Although Jessica seemed tense at first, Jiyong could practically feel the tension leaving her as she conversed with more people and saw more of the building.  Now, as they made their way towards the cafeteria line, they were surprised to run into Seungri.

“Hyung!!” Seungri exclaimed when he spotted Jiyong from behind.

Jiyong turned around, mid-sentence from his conversation with Jessica, and raised his eyebrows in surprise.

“Seungri-ah, what are you doing here?” Jiyong asked.

“Nice to see you too, man,” Seungri replied with a wide smile and hugged a startled Jiyong. 

“And I see you brought the beautiful Jessica with you,” Seungri continued approvingly as he opened his arms and stepped forward to hug her.

“Uh-uh,” Jiyong shook his head as he used one arm to lightly push Seungri’s arm away and the other to pull Jessica closer towards him.  Both Jessica and Seungri laughed and rolled their eyes at that.

“Annyeong, Seungri-ah!  How’ve you been?  I haven’t seen you in a while,” Jessica asked with a cheerful smile. 

“I’ve been doing….. well to be honest, I’m not very good, Sica.  You see, hyung over here has been giving me a hard time while we were on tour,” he muttered with a pout. 

“Yah!  When did I?” Jiyong scoffed and shook his head innocently when Jessica shot him a disappointed look.

“Well, to be fair I guess it’s not really his fault that I’m single and get annoyed every time he calls you late at night and keeps laughing and laughing….” He let out a sad sigh, “also one time I saw him watching old videos of you on youtube for, I kid you not, four hours straight.”

“YAH!”  Jiyong yelled and gripped his wrist tightly as Jessica began to laugh.

“You and me need to have a talk,” Jiyong told Seungri with a scary smile, causing him to back away with his hands held up.

“Well, it was nice seeing you, Sica, but I should leave before Jiyong commits a homicide,” Seungri said as he began walking away.

“Yah!  Where are you going?” Jiyong called out amusedly.

“YG Hyungnim’s office,” Seungri called over his shoulder.

“Again?!” Jiyong asked incredulously.  Seungri shrugged his shoulders with a smirk before continuing to walk away. 

“Aish, that kid,” Jiyong mumbled and shook his head.  Jessica smiled and hugged his arm as they waited in line again. 

“You’re a good leader,” She commented proudly, catching him off guard.

“Tell me something I don’t know,” he joked, trying to hide his gratitude for her comment even though he knew she could see through his act.  She always knew.

Nevertheless, Jessica laughed at his joke and rightfully gave him the smack on the arm he deserved.

“No, but seriously, Ji.  You should know that you’re doing a good job.  Never doubt the fact that we all love and respect you unconditionally,” Jessica said as she looked up into his gorgeous brown eyes.

“Thank you, Jessi,” he said sincerely as he gave her a side hug and tried to hide a blush.  “But tell me, baby, what else am I good at?”

“Hmm let’s see,” Jessica pondered for a minute as they moved up in line, “you’re also good at washing the dishes, kissing, and infuriating me in a matter of seconds.”

“Kissing?” he asked fascinatedly and raised an eyebrow.  He could see Jessica’s cheeks slowly become infused with a rosy-red color and smiled victoriously.  It wasn’t often that he could see her blush, so he took every opportunity he could to bring out the lovely color to her face.

“Like you didn’t know,” she muttered and rolled her eyes.

“I mean, I had an idea, but now that I know for sure, I think I’ll do it more often,” Jiyong said playfully as he brought his face closer to hers.

Jessica smiled and pushed his face away as she moved to the front of the line and greeted the cafeteria ladies.  As she began to place some kimchi on her plate, Jiyong came up to the front and greeted the workers as well.

“Jiyong-ah, is this her?” One of the older ladies, wearing a faded white apron asked with a motherly smile.

Jessica looked up with wide eyes and began to blush again as all the workers stopped and looked at her with warm smiles.  It didn’t help when Jiyong placed his hand on her back and nodded at the ladies.

“Oh! Is she yours? How lovely!” One of the workers at the back exclaimed.

“Yes she is,” Jiyong said with a broad grin as he gazed at her. 

“You guys make a beautiful couple,” the older lady said in approval. 

“Thank you,” they both bowed as they finished filling their plates and headed to an empty table.

“Aghh, oppa!” Jessica squealed as she took a seat and hid her face in her hands, causing Jiyong to chuckle lightly.

“Feel my face,” she said as she grabbed Jiyong’s hand and pressed the back of it against her warm, pink cheek.

Jiyong laughed and leaned over to kiss her cheek, “The last time I saw you this embarrassed was when you were dancing around in my kitchen half-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter