The Decision

A Simple Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong yawned as he distractedly flipped through the latest edition of the manga series he was using to preoccupy his mind.  He was sprawled on his dark leather couch with his head resting comfortably on Jessica’s slender legs and was dressed in only a white graphic t-shirt and what some would call “short” black shorts.  Jessica was also dressed casually in a basic long-sleeve black shirt and silky floral shorts and was using a fashion magazine both as a source of inspiration and distraction.  They were basking in a silence that could only feel comfortable after years of sharing their lives.

It had only been 2 hours since their pictures had surfaced on the internet and both Jessica and Jiyong decided to pointedly ignore the situation until they could clear their heads and come to a unanimous decision regarding the matter. That’s why they were so calm and spending the afternoon with each other like any other day instead of frantically replying to phone-calls and text messages.  Speaking of phone calls, Jiyong’s phone began to buzz again on his marble kitchen counter for literally the hundredth time that day.  He thought about who it might be.  His mother?  YG hyung?  Taeyang? His sister?  The possibilities were quiet endless and it hurt his head to think about it. 

“Oppa, I swear if it rings one more time,” Jessica began as she rested her head on the top edge of the couch and closed her eyes, “I will climb to the very top floor of this house and personally throw it out a closed window.  If the impact from the glass doesn’t shut it up then the fall to the ground will.”

“Uh-oh Jessica’s getting angry again.  I should probably go rescue the poor thing before you murder it.” Jiyong said with a wink as he closed his book and stretched his arms above his head. 

Just then, as if on cue, Jessica’s phone buzzed.  Jiyong’s eyes tiredly followed the source of noise to see the lit up screen of Jessica’s iPhone 6, which annoyingly announced “(52) missed calls” and “(126) new messages” underneath it.  Jiyong’s eyes met Jessica’s and his lips turned up in a smug grin.

“You probably would have murdered your own phone hours ago if you weren’t so attached to the thing,” Jiyong laughed amusedly.

“Yah,” Jessica said defensively with a light slap on his chest, “if I’m attached, then you’re addicted.”

Jiyong laughed, unable to deny her comment, and finally rose up off her lap and to his feet.  He yawned again and stretched his neck as he made his way to the kitchen and reached for his phone. 

“(98) missed calls, (94) new messages”.  Most of the calls were from YG and the big bang members, but there were also a couple messages from his family members and other friends.  He knew it was selfish to ignore their messages of concern and support, but it was just too much to handle at the moment.  In only 2 hours, he had gotten almost 200 new messages

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter