Dark

School 2015 - RESET
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5:

The sidewalk smelled like sea water because of the rain that just passed. There were only few people in the street and most of them seemed to be going back home from either work or school. It was not that late but the moonless sky made the place looked really dark as if it was already past eight. Maybe that’s the reason why they all seemed to be rushing.

Yet here she was taking her time walking along the street with a plastic bag in one hand. She has gone to the convenience store to buy few things she needed and now she was on her way home too. Her light footsteps keep making a squeaky sound on the still wet road as his mind was drifting off somewhere else.

Where have he gone?

She can’t help but still think of that brown haired guy, Minhyuk. It’s still a mystery to her why he suddenly disappeared. Maybe he’s part of another class, or maybe he’s in another year level. She’s really not sure but still she wished he was still there when she looked back at the door earlier.

Street lights flickered on some of the street post making Eunbyul stop walking. How come they still haven’t fixed this? She thought irritably and out of the blue she remembered that other guy. Now that she thinks of it, if only Taekwang has not pulled her away she could have stayed with Minhyuk.

Gong Taekwang

Her mood was instantly ruined and she vents it out by kicking a stone on her way. It hits a trash bin creating a metal like sound indicating that it was empty. It all suddenly comes back to her how he pulled his hand from her hold. How he left her standing by herself in the back of the classroom with all their classmates looking at her.

Eunbyul stood there in silence as she frowned while looking at one of the flickering streetlight. But it still surprises her when it loses its light entirely. Eunbyul felt like she doesn’t want to move. But as a soft wind blew, she suddenly become aware of how cold it is still even after the rain. She hugged herself as she let out a deep sigh.

Maybe she should just really stop thinking even just for tonight.

Maybe she should just really go home now.

But just when she was about to start walking again, an arm suddenly wrapped around her shoulder.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

She likes me

He can't even bring himself to say those words out loud. Go Eunbyul likes him. Even after repeating it in his mind over and over he still can't really believe it. It’s like believeing that Red Velvet’s Joy likes him.

"Eyy…That's a lie. That's a lie"

Taekwang laughed and mutters to himself instead as he walked into the kitchen. A light was lit up and Taekwang knew it can only be their cleaning lady or his dad in there. But upon entering, he saw no one. Someone must just have forgotten to turn the lights off, he thought.

Do you really think i make a mistake?

Taekwang sighed opening the fridge before taking out a carton of milk. And with a strong push he closes it again.

"Yes you really did make a mistake" he starts chugging the content of the carton as he looked up at the ceiling.

Images of Eunbyul with him at the rooftop flash into his mind. He knew better than to believe a girl who ignored him for years and now was confessing that she likes him. It's all for her sister's sake. She just wants him to stay away from Eunbi.

A spill of milk escaped from the corner of his lips and Taekwang quickly puts down the carton on the table. He wiped the side of his lips as he start thinking about Eunbi again.

There was never a day when he hasn’t thought of her. And he doubts it was the same for Eunbyul too. For sure she never even realized he ever existed before ao thinking about him...

I ignored you because I’m afraid...

"Aissh"

...that I’ll like you more.

Taekwang quickly puts back the carton of milk in the fridge as he closes his eyes tightly"She’s just lying...”he breathed out as if he’s trying to convince himself”That rude girl--"

“Rude girl?”

Taekwang jumped opening his eyes quickly. He saw his dad on the doorside smiling at him.

"I didn't see any hint of rudeness in that girl..."

Taekwang raises his brow curiously as his dad walked closer.

"Lee...I mean Go Eunbi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter