Cold

School 2015 - RESET
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 “Just focus on this game like you always do Yi Ahn.”

A pat on the back, sometimes it was enough to make someone feel better.

“I’m sure you can beat all those other representatives. You can win this.”

Yi Ahn bowed his head in front of his coach, the same coach who has never given up on him even when he suffered from a serious fatal blow in his swimming career. He was like a second father to him now, someone who continued believing in him and scolds him like a father does.

“Yes coach. When did I ever let you down?”

A smile on one’s face, sometimes it was enough to show your gratitude.

His coach just shakes his head before clicking his tongue. His father was not here to watch him compete but he can’t afford to lose in front of his coach. The older man pats his shoulder now with a serious look on his face.

“I know you can do it Yi Ahn”

But when someone turns their back at you, it always just meant goodbye.

Yi Ahn just nodded this time as he watched his coach leaves. He then hurries to the platform and lined with the other competitors. Looking in front as he starts getting into position he can almost see the gold medal. That’s his only goal right now.

“Okay everyone in their places! 3…2…"

……………………………………………………………...........................................................……………..................…………………………………………………

“One more step Go Eunbyul!”

That morning has been bright and sunny that no student at Sekang High would expect a rainy afternoon. No thunders and lightning’s graced the dark cloudless sky but the heavy rain cast a gloomy spell at the whole campus. Students we’re stuck inside their classrooms as the afternoon classes already begun. But Eunbyul was still in the same place as she was staring at the guy in front of her.

“Kang Minhyuk?”

Ignoring the fuming Taekwang upstairs Eunbyul mumbled the guy’s name. It ringed something familiar on her ear making her study the guy’s face wondering if they have already met before. She heard footsteps from the stairs as Taekwang continued speaking.

“You’ll really regret it if you don’t listen to what I have to—“

Is he threatening her now? Eunbyul’s ears perked up and was about to turn to look at him, but then Minhyuk has placed a hand on her shoulder. She saw him smiling while shaking his head and unknowingly that made her smile too.

“Do you really think I made a mistake?”

“Yah! What do you think are you two talking about now?”

The sound of footsteps went faster as Minhyuk removed his hand on her shoulder only to hold her hand again.

 “Let’s go to our class. Maybe we can still catch up” he smiled

Eunbyul just nodded nonchalantly as a reply. And as if on cue the guy starts walking taking her along with him. Eunbyul looked at the hand holding hers before looking at Minhyuk again. Ignoring Taekwang who was still calling her she automatically forgot why she’s here in the first place.

………………………………………………………………………………………………...............……..........................................................…………………………

“Yeobo”

Haena tried to get her boyfriend’s attention by poking his arm with a ballpen but the guy was concentrated jotting down notes as he didn’t even cat a single glance at her. So in the end, Haena just sighed as she looked back again in front looking at the wall clock instead.

The other students in Eunbyul’s class we’re also in that state as everyone was really not in the mood to listen to a lecture today. The weather is making them all feel lazy and sleepy. Even the usually loud guys are just staring blankly in front as their subject teacher was reading something from a book.

“Okay who wants to read the next paragraph?”

“I’ll read it Sir!”

A loud yell from a girl made everyone turned to look at the back. Yoobi smiled sheepishly. She tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear as she stands up straight holding her book up.

“Where does she get all those energy?” Shijin muttered under her breath then frowns before looking away from the transferee only to look outside the window of their classroom “Ah why does it have to rain now?”

Songjoo just sighed and then pat’s her friends’ head while Eunbi cast a look at Yoobi too. Their gazes met and for a brief second the smile on Yoobi’s face fade but was back again as Teacher Kang calls her attention.

“The objective of…”

Yoobi is now looking at the book as she started reading. Eunbi doesn’t know why but her face really looks familiar. She must have met her before or maybe she’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter