Habit

School 2015 - RESET
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11:

 

The theme park was full as they both expected it to be. It was a Saturday so most families and couples were here to have fun. Just like her and Yi Ahn now.

Eunbi can’t help but wonder what they are.

She sat on one of the benches as she waited for Yi Ahn who was buying their tickets. As she saw kids running around excitedly, she suddenly remembered the kids back at the Love House. She was used being with them whenever she goes to places like this. But now here she was with him.

I’ll stay even if you won’t tell me everything.

He was the first who approached her again, like he always does. And she’s really glad that he did.

She was still busy watching people walking around the theme park when she finally saw Yi Ahn going towards her. Eunbi decided to stand up but even before she made a step, someone bumped into her causing her to fall and sit back on the bench.

“Help!!!”

It was common in places like this for that to happen since there were a lot of people. A large built man was running away while an old lady was shouting that he was a thief. Eunbi can only look at them but then she felt someone held both of her shoulders.

“Are you hurt?”

A worried voice asked and Eunbi looked up seeing Yi Ahn in front of her. Eunbi forced a smile as she let him help her stood up.

“He took my bag! Help me please!”

The old lady continued shouting for someone to help her and Eunbi saw as Yi Ahn seemed to want to run after the guy. It was in Yi Ahn’s nature to help everyone who was in need. But was it too selfish of her to want him just beside her this time? Yet as he let go of her she didn’t stop him from running like she always does. There was someone who needs Yi Ahn more than her now.

Soon the other people started helping too. In the end it was not Yi Ahn who caught the thief but Eunbi saw as the old lady seemed to be really thankful to him. When Yi Ahn came back Eunbi tapped his shoulder.

“Do you really want to be like Superman?”

“What?” the guy chuckled before ruffling her hair. Eunbi made a face. But then she smiled again as Yi Ahn wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

“Which one do you want to ride first?”

“The scariest?” she answered quickly

The guy blinked and looks at her seriously before smiling.

“If it was Eunbyul…”

………………………………………………………………………………..............................................................................………………………………………………

 “I’m really sorry Mr. Gong. My daughter said she cannot come”The older lady bowed to his dad and Taekwang just scoffed leaning his back lazily on the chair he’s sitting in.

“It’s okay Miss Lee. Let’s just wait for my friend and his daughter to be—“

They both turn to look at the door of the restaurant as it opened.

“Oh finally”

Taekwang’s father smiled and stood up. He even went himself to the two people who arrived. A man who’s almost the same age as his father was walking beside a girl who’s wearing a red coat. He frowns as soon as the girl looks at him but the girl greeted him with a wave.

“Who is she?”

Shijin’s mom mumbled to herself as her eyes were also focused at those who arrived. She only removed her attention on them when they started approaching their table.

“Miss Lee this is one of my childhood friend Mr. Lee, Joon” his father started introducing them “Joon, this is Miss Lee...”

Shijin’s mom quickly stood up and bowed smiling to Mr. Joon and Taekwang just watched them both, unamused. He saw the girl who was also the exact same age as him still standing too. She was always polite whenever she’s with her father but so different when it’s her own mom or just him.

“She will be the one helping us in our project for the school. You see Miss Lee has the connections we needed” his father smiled at Shijin’s mom.”It’s a pity her daughter will not be able to join us”

“You know kids these days “Miss Lee sighed” They have their own plans so they don’t accompany us adults anymore”

“My daughter is different”

Taekwang shakes his head smiling as she watched the younger girl hugged the arm of Mr. Joon.

“Her name is Yoobi…”

Joon stopped talking and looked at Taekwang’s dad as if asking permission that he introduces his daughter instead. His dad just nod urging them both to seat now as Joon continued talking. Taekwang felt someone kicked his foot from under the table making him glare at the girl in front of him.

“She’s my only daughter.”

Taekwang quickly took revenge by kicking the girl’s foot too from under the table. And he knows he succeeded as he saw her glare at him.

 “Omo. She’s so pretty. She must have taken after you” Shijin’s mom cooed

 “I’m just adopted Maam”Yoobi averted her gaze away from him and back at Shijin’s mom as she said those words.“I was adopted when I was 6”

She was always honest about it.

“Yoobi…”As usual Mr Joon will shake his head whenever Yoobi talked about it

“Dad is too handsome so how can you say I took after him”

Yoobi pouted and Taekwang mimicked the way she speaks not until his own dad throw a serious look at him.

Shijin’s mom gasped “Adopted?”

“Uh…Yes…We adopted after losing our own children when they were still babies”

“You lose your children?”Miss Lee’s eyes started to widen “Omo.Where? Why’ I mean…”

A cough from Taekwang’s father stopped the continuous asking of Shijin’s mom. Then he started talking about the reason they were here in the first place. Taekwang knows there is no need for him to be here since it is purely just about the adults deal. But since Miss Lee insisted of dragging her daughter Shijin here, his dad asked him to go with them too. But the girl was not here and that’s what makes him more annoyed.

The conversation continued and Taekwang was getting bored but looking at Yoobi she seemed to be enjoying drinking her wine. While here he was stuck with a glass of orange juice. Life is so unfair, he thought. Every time Taekwang will try to stand up, his dad will always hold onto his arm pulling him down again. So in the end he had no choice but to really just stay.

“Dad”

He lazily turns as she heard the voice of Yoobi. She has hugged his dads arm already. For sure, the girl is already getting bored too, finally.

“Can I leave for a second?” But then he heard that”aegyo voice” again.

Taekwang sighed and gulped the remaining juice in his glass.

“Please dad” she even pouted “I’ll be back quickly”

Yoobi was looking at her dad with puppy eyes and Taekwang frowned more at the sight of it. What’s wrong with her? To his relief the girl was dismissed by her dad and now she’s walking away from the table.

“It will be great if Shijin was here too so she will know about…”

Taekwang can’t really understand why girls do that whenever they want something. For Yoobi, it seems like it has become her habit. Maybe because it really gives her everything she wants. Just like now. While  here he was now stuck with three adults with no one talking to him. But right then an idea crosses his mind making him smile to himself. There’s no harm in trying right? He was hesitant at first but he was desperate to get out of the place. So he decided to do it and started by holding his dad’s arm. He saw him curiously look at him while still continuing talking with Shijin’s mom.

“Aboji” Taekwang started with his normal voice

His father did not respond to him but didn’t shake his hold on his arm either. So Taekwang ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter