Chapter 6 Hyohyuk (My Best Friend by Girls' Generation)

Seoul Song

Chapter 6 Hyohyuk (My Best Friend by Girls’ Generation)

Hyoyeon’s POV:

I was walking around the corridor of our school when someone covers my eyes.

“Guess who?” She asked me.

Wait, Her voice is very familiar. I think for a while when I suddenly realized whose voice was that. Don’t tell me she’s back?

“Gyuri.” I muttered & she uncovers my eyes.


  

(A/N: This is how Gyuri smiles when she uncovers Hyoyeon’s eyes.)

I looked at her & smiled.

  

(A/N: This is how Hyoyeon smiles when she looked at Gyuri.)

“I missed you. Since when did you arrive? You even didn’t tell me.” I pouted & said to her.

  

(A/N: This is how Hyoyeon pouts.)

“If I tell you, will it still be a secret? My mom knew that you’re studying here & since my family decided we will stay here, she enrolled me here. You know while I was there, I was lonely & always think of you. I really missed you.” Gyuri said to me & hugs me after.

I really missed her. She’s my best friend since childhood. Her name is Park Gyuri. She stayed to America for a few years & went back here. We hug each other tightly since we haven’t seen each other for a long time.

I broke the hug and looked at her to say this “It’s still early. Let me tour around you here.”

She nodded and we toured the school. We went on the Music Room, the canteen, the PE Room, the laboratory & the faculty. We weren’t able to go to other parts of the school because it’s already time for our class.

“What’s your 1st subject?” I asked her.

“Mathematics at Rm. ____.” She replied.

“Go with me. We have the same class.” I told her but she replied “No, I still have to go to Mr. ____. I’ll just go to the faculty. Meet you in the class!” She waved at her and I waved back. After that, we part ways to go to our own destination.

I went to our room and was greeted by my friends.

“Good morning, Hyoyeon! Looks like you’re early.” Taeyeon said to me.

“Yes. Guess what? I met my best friend Gyuri. She’ll also study here.” I replied.

“Really? Is she on the same class?” Jessica asked this time.

“Yes. And Mr. ____ asked her to go to the faculty room before going on our Mathematics class.” I explained.

Our conversation was interrupted when our teacher, Mr. ___, came with Gyuri.

“Class, I would like you to meet your new classmate. Can you please introduce yourself?” Mr. ____ said to everyone. 

“Hello everyone! My name is Park Gyuri. Nice meeting you all and hope we can all be friends.” She happily introduced herself.

 

(A/N: This is how Gyuri smiles when she finished introducing herself.)

“Ok. You may sit beside Ms. Hyoyeon.” She nods and sits beside me. I was really happy that she got to sit beside me. She’s really beautiful that’s why it’s hard to concentrate during class since my boys classmates stare at her.

And after an hour that felt like ages, the bell rang for our break time. I went with my friends and we all sit on the same table. When we were already seated, I introduced Gyuri to them.

“By the way, she’s my best friend Park Gyuri. She just came from America. She stayed there for a few years and she came back when her family decided to stay here again so her parents decided to let her study here since they knew I’m studying here. Gyuri, this is Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Yuri, Sooyoung & Seohyun.” I explained & pointed out to my friends while introducing them to Gyuri.

“Gyuri unnie is beautiful.” Seohyun uttered.

“So you’re younger than me? Thank you Seohyun. You also.” Gyuri replied. 

“Gyuri unnie, what do you think about our school after staying here for a few hours?” Sooyoung asked this time.

“It was fine since I already went to some part of this school because Hyoyeon already toured me earlier before class. But actually, I feel kinda uncomfortable.” She replied.

“Why? Is there someone treating you bad?” I asked this time.

“No. It’s just I feel uncomfortable since many guys stares at me and there are some girls looking at me like they’ll kill me.” Gyuri explained.

“Gyuri, you don’t have to be afraid with those girls because they are just jealous of your beauty. With the guys, don’t be uncomfortable with them. When they decided to approach you or court you, let us first see him to know if he’s good or bad, ok? You’re our friend now.” Taeyeon said to Gyuri to help her to be comfortable while staying here at school.

  

(A/N: Taeyeon flashed a smile like this to help Gyuri in being comfortable.)

“So don’t get worried about that. Let’s eat now. I’m already hungry.” Sooyoung said.

We all nod and went on the counter to buy our foods. When we finished buying our foods, we sit again and eat our foods.  When we finished eating, we continued our conversation. Even though my friends have known Gyuri today, their conversation was like they’ve been friends for a long time. I was very happy that Gyuri was able to get along with my friends. I looked at them while they are conversing and even joined them. Our conversation was interrupted when suddenly the bell rang. We went on our own rooms to resume our class.

Hours passed by and right now is the end of the class. We packed our things to go home. I was already with my friends when suddenly I remembered I have dance practice with the dance club members.

“Oh why did I forget it? I can’t go home now. I forgot we have dance practice with the dance club members. All of you can go ahead now.” I said to them and was about to go on my way when suddenly Gyuri hold my wrist.

“Can I go with you? I want to see you dancing. Please.” She begs so I have no choice but to nod since I knew she’ll be sad if I disagree.

  

(A/N: This is the expression when Gyuri begs Hyoyeon.)

And also, she’s new to the school; she going to our dance practice can be treated as I’m touring her in the school.

“See you tomorrow guys!” Taeyeon said and waved.

My other friends also waved at us and said “Bye Gyuri & Hyoyeon!” and go on their way home. After that, I immediately told Gyuri to go faster since I’m already late for the practice.

“Gyuri, can you please stay outside for a while? I’ll just tell them about you. You know, our choreographer/president is strict and she didn’t let someone enters or watch our dance practice by someone she doesn’t know.” I asked her and she nodded.

After I said that, I open the door and immediately bowed to say this:

“Sorry I was late. I forgot our dance practice so I hurriedly went here when I remembered it.”

“Ok. It’s okay. Hope it will not happen again. We can start our dance practice since everyone is already here.” Our president said to us.

The dance practice was about to start when I suddenly remembered Gyuri. I raised my hand so that our president will look at me and will give me attention.

“What is it, Hyoyeon?” She asked me.

“My best friend from America just came today & transferred in our school. I was hesitating to let her enter here in the room since she’s not a member of our club. Can she watch our dance practice? If it’s okay with you. She’s there waiting outside.” I explained.

“You should have told me earlier. Ok. She can watch. Let her enter the room.” She replied and I nod. I immediately went outside and told Gyuri about it.

“Ok. You can watch but please don’t do anything that will distract us from practicing. Our president may get mad at you if that happens.” I told her and she nodded. I & Gyuri entered and as expected, every guy members of our club looked at her. Who wouldn’t? She’s beautiful.

She sits beside our president and smiled at me before mouthed the word “Fighting!” I smiled back and then we started the dance practice.

  

(A/N: This is how Hyoyeon smiles before they start the practice.)

As expected, the dance practice turned out well since we’ve been practicing it for already a week but still some of us make mistakes with the dance practice but for sure, if we continue to practice, we will perfect the dance after some days.

When the dance practice finished, Gyuri clapped for our performance. I forgot to introduce her so I decided to introduce her and I can see my guys’ members suddenly becoming happy.

“This is my best friend Park Gyuri. She just came from America and transferred here. Gyuri this is….” I introduce her and pointed to all of the members of the dance club while saying their name.

“Nice to meet you all! If you don’t mind, can I join your club? But I’m not that good in dancing. Hope you treat me well and teach me!” Gyuri happily greeted them and bowed after saying that. Since I knew Gyuri, I know she’s not that good in dancing but I know it will be more fun if she’ll be with us.

“We agree so from now on, you are one of the members of our dance club. Why don’t you teach her the dance steps?” Our president told us. I was about to approach her and teach her when Eunhyuk suddenly volunteered.

“I teach her president.” Eunhyuk said and smiled at Gyuri.

  

(A/N: This is how Eunhyuk smiled at Gyuri.)

After that, he approaches her and started teaching her the dance steps. And without us noticing, it started to get late so each one of us bid goodbyes and went on our way home.

I was getting confused when Gyuri was walking the same way.

“Your house is on that way.” I told her.

“Can’t you see my large bag? I have already told my parents I’m staying at your house today.” She replied.

“Really? Let’s go now.” I smiled happily. After some minutes, we arrived at our house. I greeted my parents and so did Gyuri.

“Oh Gyuri it’s been a long time since you went in our house. Did Hyoyeon tour you in the school?” My mom asked.

“How come you know Mom she arrived today and even transferred in my school?” I asked confused.

“Her Mom arrived here and told us about it even her staying tonight. Have you already eaten?” My mom asked.

We both shook our heads when Dad suddenly said something.

“So why don’t the two of you eat together? Hyoyeon, we already eat so we’ll rest now. Good night!” They said and I kiss them good night.

After that, I & Gyuri eat together and prepared ourselves for sleeping. When we finished, we both lay on the bed and started talking to each other.

“You know, Hyoyeon, I like Eunhyuk.” She confessed to me.

  

(A/N: Gyuri was imagining Eunhyuk’s face (the picture above) after confessing it to Hyoyeon.)

“Really? He’s one of my friends. What do you like about him?” I asked her that since I’m really curious.

“He’s kind & is very good in dancing. And actually, he looks handsome especially when he dances.” Gyuri happily replied.

  

(A/N: Gyuri was imagining Eunhyuk’s expression while dancing (the picture above) after replying to Hyoyeon’s question.)

“He only does that to you. When I join the club, he didn’t care about me.” I mumbled when I suddenly realized I’m with Gyuri. What will she think of me if she heard me?

“What are you saying? I didn’t hear you.” Gyuri replied. Thank God she didn’t hear me!

“I said we should go to sleep now. We have classes tomorrow.” I said to her and she nods. After that, we sleep.

End of Hyoyeon’s POV

No One’s POV:

Morning came & both Gyuri & Hyoyeon go to school together. They were classmates in all subjects and they’re really happy about it. It makes them remember their elementary days before Gyuri went to America. They were always together and even classmates in all subjects just like now.

Hours passed and their class for today ended. Their friends go on their way home and while the two of them went to the dance practice of the dance club. It was a routine for them to practice everyday and weeks had passed. Eunhyuk treated Gyuri just like how she treated her when she first joined the dance club. Eunhyuk asked her if she’s forgetting some steps and he will teach him.

Hyoyeon’s POV: 

Why is he treating her like that? When I first joined, he didn’t treat me like that and he likes teasing me. He’s different when he’s with Gyuri.

End of Hyoyeon’s POV

Hyoyeon’s thoughts were interrupted when they started practicing the dance. Eunhyuk first stops from teaching Gyuri and went on his position for the dance. It was a good performance & even Gyuri was able to cope up with the dance steps but she’s still making mistakes so Eunhyuk decided to teach him again.

After some minutes, they all noticed it’s getting late so they decided to go home.

“Gyuri, Hyoyeon, since it’s already late, I will send both of you home. I’m living nearby.” Eunhyuk suddenly said.

“It’s okay. We can go home on our own.” Hyoyeon replied and didn’t accept Eunhyuk’s suggestion.

“I insist. It’s already late. It’s dangerous for the two of you to go home this late.” Eunhyuk replied.

Hyoyeon just nods and the three of them went on their way after waving goodbye to their other members in the dance club. Gyuri’s house was not that far so they arrived first at Gyuri’s house.

“See you tomorrow, Gyuri!” Hyoyeon waved goodbye at Gyuri.

“Goodbye!” Eunhyuk said and waved goodbye at Gyuri.

“See you tomorrow Hyoyeon & Eunhyuk oppa! Bye!” Gyuri waved and entered her house. When both of them saw Gyuri entering her house, they went on their way to go to Hyoyeon’s house. It was a silent walk but there is something bothering Eunhyuk so he decided to tell it to Hyoyeon.

“Gyuri confess to me that she likes me.” Eunhyuk revealed to Hyoyeon.

Flashback:

Eunhyuk & Gyuri were practicing the dance when suddenly Gyuri stops from dancing.

“Oppa, can we practice later? I just have to tell you something.” Gyuri said.

“Ok. What is it?” Eunhyuk asked.

“I like you oppa more than a friend.” Gyuri confessed.

End of Flashback

“I was really surprised with her confession and it makes me feel uncomfortable. I don’t know how I will answer if I will accept or reject her feelings.” Eunhyuk said confused.

  

(A/N: Eunhyuk was having this expression since he was confused with Gyuri’s confession.)

“Gyuri is a good girl and you’re lucky. Many guys like her and she’s very kind. You’ll not regret it.” Hyoyeon convinced Eunhyuk but she was feeling the opposite.

Hyoyeon’s POV:

Why it feels so hurt while I’m saying that? Don’t tell me I like him. No, he’s just a friend.

End of Hyoyeon’s POV

Hyoyeon’s thoughts was interrupted when they arrived at Hyoyeon’s house.

“Bye Eunhyuk oppa! See you tomorrow!” Hyoyeon waved at him.

  

(A/N: This is how Hyoyeon waved at Eunhyuk.)

Eunhyuk just smiled weakly and waited for Hyoyeon to enter her house.

  

(A/N: Eunhyuk was smiling weakly just like the picture above.)

After that, he went on his way to go home.

Morning came & Hyoyeon arrived at her school. She entered the classroom when Gyuri happily approached her.

“Hyoyeon, guess what? Eunhyuk oppa and I are now dating. He called me last night and accept my feelings for him.” Gyuri happily said and hugs her best friend.

“I’m very happy for you. I’ll just go to the rest room.” Hyoyeon said and went to the rest room.

There tears escaped from her eyes. She was hurt that Eunhyuk accepted Gyuri’s feelings. She’s thinking how fool she was to realize just now that she has feelings for Eunhyuk. She cried her eyes out to release the hurt she’s feeling.

Her friends saw you walking away from the room so they followed you. What you don’t know they’re looking at you crying.

“Why are you crying Hyoyeon?” Taeyeon asked.

“It’s nothing.” Hyoyeon said and wiped her tears.

  

(A/N: This is how Hyoyeon wiped her tears.)

“You can’t fool us. What is it? You started crying when Gyuri told you about her & Eunhyuk relationship.” Jessica said and suddenly realized something.

“You like Eunhyuk right?” Jessica asked again.

Hyoyeon only nods and started crying again.

“I don’t know. At first, I thought he was just one of my friends but when I saw Eunhyuk treating her well, I don’t know but I felt hurt since he didn’t treat me like that. Last night, he sends Gyuri & I to home since it’s already late. He told me about Gyuri’s confession.  I tried to convince myself that I don’t have feelings for him but after thinking of it, I realized that I really have feelings for him. I was thinking of saying it to him but it hurts me to know he accepted Gyuri’s feelings.” Hyoyeon explained while she can’t stop from crying.

Her friends can’t say anything to her and just comforts her. Taeyeon saw the time and decided to say this:

“Hyoyeon, wipe your tears. Don’t cry and don’t be lonely. Maybe you’re just not meant for each other. We’re here. Let’s go to class now.” Taeyeon said and all of them went on their way to their room.

Gyuri saw Hyoyeon’s eyes and was about to asked her when their teacher arrived and started discussing his lessons. When Gyuri confronted Hyoyeon when they were walking on their way home, she just said that “I’m ok. Don’t worry about me.” She just nods but she knew Hyoyeon is hiding something from her.

Months have passed and Hyoyeon is still hurt but decided to move on and just be happy for Gyuri. She heard a knock and she thought it was her parents who arrived after buying groceries but she was wrong; it was Gyuri.

“What’s wrong Gyuri? Is there someone who bullies you? I’ll beat him up.” Hyoyeon told Gyuri while Gyuri hugs her.

“Eunhyuk oppa & I broke up.” Gyuri confessed and started crying.

  

(A/N: This is how Gyuri cries in front of Hyoyeon.)

Hyoyeon broke the hug and looked at her best friend.

“Where is Eunhyuk oppa? How could he hurt your feelings? I need to teach him a lesson for doing that.” Hyoyeon asked her.

“You know, it’s the opposite. I hurt you & his feelings.” Gyuri told Hyoyeon.

“What are you thinking about?” Hyoyeon asked confused.

“Do you think I’m a fool who didn’t notice both of you have feelings for each other? Remember, I’m your best friend and I know you’re hurt when I told you we’re dating. I can see him sad even when we go on dates. I know he was wishing you’re the one who’s with him so I decided to break up with him. I can’t fool myself that he’ll love me when I know someone is already in his heart. He told me you’re the reason why he dates me. He accepted my feelings when you convinced him that night that he’s lucky and that night he thought you don’t have any feelings for him so he decided to accept my feelings. I should give up on him for you because I can see you also feel the same for him. Go now! He’s at _____.” Gyuri smiled after saying that.

“Thank you Gyuri!” Hyoyeon smiled widely and hugs her best friend.

Gyuri broke the hug and said this “Go now! I may change my mind and tried to get him back.”

Hyoyeon smiled before going on her way to go to Eunhyuk.

Gyuri’s POV:

I know it hurts me but it makes me happy Hyoyeon that you’ll be able to have the person I know you should be with. Gyuri, you have to move on and find the right man for you. Be happy for your best friend!

End of Gyuri’s POV

A tear escaped from her eyes but she wiped it when Hyoyeon’s parents arrived.

“Hello Aunt & Uncle! I go now.” Gyuri was about to go when Hyoyeon’s parents asked something.

“Where is Hyoyeon?” Hyoyeon’s mom asked.

“She’s meeting her future boyfriend.” Gyuri teasingly replied but she knows it will happen.

Gyuri’s POV:

Maybe this way will help me to forget him. Accept the truth Gyuri and don’t be a bad best friend.

End of Gyuri’s POV

Her thoughts were interrupted when she suddenly saw Hyoyeon’s mom confused and was about to say something when her husband interrupted her from asking.

“Ok. Be careful on your way.” Hyoyeon’s father said. Gyuri bowed before going on her way to her home.

Meanwhile, Hyoyeon runs and arrived just on time before Eunhyuk leaves.

“Eunhyuk oppa!” Hyoyeon called him and he turns.

He approaches her and looked at her.

“What is it?” He asked.

Hyoyeon hugs Eunhyuk and said “I also like you oppa. Gyuri already told me everything. I guess I was a fool to realize that I was already having these feelings for you that Gyuri has to be the reason for me to realize it.”

Eunhyuk smiled and hugs her tightly. No words can describe how happy he is to know that the girl she loves also feels the same. Hyoyeon also feels the same and they hug each other tightly. And just like what Gyuri mentions to Hyoyeon’s parents, they became official starting on that day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author’s Note:

Already finished this chapter last week but wasn’t able to update this early because of school. Sorry for waiting.

Please comment on what you think of this chapter!

Not really confident with this chapter but hope you like it!

Thank you for the comments :)

Credit to dokified2 for the youtube video.

SNSD - My Best Friend

[Taeyeon] eoje jageun datumedo
Oneur utgo anajugo
Gamssajugi ja seoro yaksok
You are my best friend
[Jessica] geujeo heuhan gominedo
Gwaenhi honja chamji malgo
Malhaejugi hanbeonman deo yaksok
[Yoona] nan nega useur ttaemyeon nado haengbokhae
[Yuri] nan nega seulpeur ttaemyeon
Nae du nundo jeotneun geol

[All]
I sesang hanappunin my friend
Naui gippeum naui yeonghon
Guereon sojunghameur jikyeogalge
Haneure yeongwonhi maengsehae
Saranghae chinguya

[Tiffany/Seohyun] eonjena naega
Himi doeeo julkkeo ya
Pyeongsaengtorog neomanui danjjak
[Sunny] joheun yeonghwa joeun norae
Joheun saram chajeumyeon kkog alyeojugi
Uri hamkke yaksok no no no no
[Seohyun] akkawohaji malgo
Masitneun geos seoro sajugi
Songarageur geolgo yaksok yeah yeah yeah
[Hyoyeon] nan nega eopseur ttaemyeon neomu sseulsseulhae
[Sooyoung] nan nega apeur ttaemyeon
Jam mos deulgo geokjeonghae

[All]
I sesang hanappunin my friend
Naui gippeum naui yeonghon
Guereon sojunghameur jikyeogalge
Haneure yeongwonhi maengsehae
Saranghae chinguya
Nae salmui seonmuri ya my friend
Naui boseog naui gijeok
Geureon gamsahameur jikyeogalge
Haneure tto hanbeon maengsehae
Saranghae chinguya

[Tiffany]hamkke sonjapgo mideum hanamyeon
Eotteon irideun nan duryeopji anheungeol
[Jessica] ujeongiran mar eosaekhajiman
Urireur wihaeseo mandeureonaen yaegigata
[Seohyun] my friend

[All]
I sesang hanappunin my friend
Naui gippeum naui yeonghon
Guereon sojunghameur jikyeogalge
Haneure yeongwonhi maengsehae
Saranghae chinguya
Nae salmui seonmuri ya my friend
Naui boseog naui gijeok
Geureon gamsahameur jikyeogalge
Haneure tto hanbeon maengsehae
Saranghae chinguya

Yeppeun byeolmyeong jitgo jang nanchigo
Meotjin os seoro gakkeum bakkwo ipgo
Dachukbeonho beon nae beonhoro
Geurigo danjjageun kkog pyeongsaengtorok
Neon yeongwonhan naui chingu
Dan hanppuin nae chingu
Neon yeongwonghan naui chingu
Dan hanappuin nae chingu

Translation of My Best Friend:

Taeyeon
Even though we argued a little yesterday
Today, we laugh and hug, embrace each other
Alright. Let’s make a promise
You are my best friend

Jessica
Even if your worry may seem trivial
Don’t hold it in
But share it with each other. Promise me one more time

Yoona
When you laugh, I’m happy too
Yuri
When you’re sad, my eyes tear up.

(all)
There is only one of you in this world my friend
You’re my joy and my soul
I’ll continue to treasure our importance
I swear to God
I love you my friend

Jessica/Tiffany
I’ll be your strength
I’ll always by your best friend

Sunny
If you find a good movie, a song,
Or a person(guy), make sure to let share it with each other
Let’s make a promise together

Seohyun
Let’s not be stingy and
Buy each other meals
Let’s make a promise with our finger

Hyoyeon
For me, when you’re not here, I really feel lonely
Sooyoung
For me, when you’re sick, I can’t sleep. I worry about you

(all)
There is only one of you in this world my friend
You’re my joy and my soul
I’ll continue to treasure our importance
I swear to God
I love you my friend
You’re my life’s present my friend
You’re my jewel. My miracle
I’ll protect my appreciative heart
Once again, I swear to God
I love you my friend

Tiffany
With faith and holding hands, no matter what I won’t be afraid
Sica
The word friendship may sound awkward, but I think that word was created
To describe us.
Seohyun
my friend

(all)
There is only one of you in this world my friend
You’re my joy and my soul
I’ll continue to treasure our importance
I swear to God
I love you my friend
You’re my life’s present my friend
You’re my jewel. My miracle
I’ll protect my appreciative heart
Once again, I swear to God
I love you my friend

We make pretty nicknames for each other and play around
Sometimes, we share our cool clothes
You’re number one in my speed dial.
You’ll always be my best friend
Forever you’re my friend
You’re my only one, my friend
Forever you’re my friend
You’re my only one, my friend

Hey, aren’t you my friend?
Maerong (teasing)
Unnie
Good night