Chapter 4 Soowook (Cooking Cooking by Super Junior H)

Seoul Song

Chapter 4 Soowook (Cooking Cooking by Super Junior H)

Sooyoung & Ryeowook was a couple since last year and just like Sunny & Sungmin’s relationship, they are nearing to celebrate their 1st year anniversary. But before they celebrate their 1st year anniversary, Ryeowook often didn’t see Sooyoung and he is starting to miss her. One day when their class ended, Ryeowook approach Sunny since Sunny is one of Sooyoung’s friends.

“Sunny, have you seen Sooyoung? I haven’t seen her for a few months.” Ryeowook asked.

 “Maybe she’s studying hard & she often goes home early. Maybe that’s why you didn’t see her.” Sunny replied.

 “Oh, really? Thanks. I’ll go now.” Ryeowook said before heading on his way.

 When Sunny was about to go home, her other friends approach her.

 “I’ve seen you talking to Ryeowook. Is he asking about Sooyoung?” Taeyeon asked.

 Sunny only nodded.

 “So did you tell him?” Jessica asked.

 “And why would I? It will not be surprise anymore.” Sunny replied.

 “Why don’t we talk about this some other time? We have to go now. Maybe our parents are already looking for us. Let’s go now.” Hyoyeon said and they all nodded. They went on their way.

Meanwhile, not like Sooyoung’s friends who knew where she is, Ryeowook is feeling the opposite. He feels he is guilty because of an incident happened a few months.

(A/N: This shows how Ryeowook feels guilty & sad when he can’t see Sooyoung for a few months.)

Flashback:

 Sooyoung wakes up early to prepare a lunchbox for Ryeowook. She texted him so that he’ll know that they will eat together during break time.

 (A/N: The italics are the text of Sooyoung.)

 Ryeowook oppa,

 I’ve prepared you a lunchbox. Let’s eat together during break time. Don’t forget it, okay? :)

 - Sooyoung

 Ryeowook’s POV:

 When I was about to go to school, I read Sooyoung’s text. I was really happy since this is the 1st time she prepared food for me.

(A/N: This shows how happy Ryeowook is when he read Sooyoung’s text.)

Since I was really curious & excited on how she cooks, I was really waiting for the time of our break. After some hours, I heard the sound I’ve been waiting for: the bell sound signaling it’s our break time. I immediately went to the canteen to meet Sooyoung. It was not hard to see her since she’s waving.

(A/N: This is how Sooyoung waves.)

I approached her and sit beside her. I saw the lunchbox she prepared and was really getting excited just by thinking I’ll know her cooking skills.

 “Oppa, eat this.” She told me and gives to me the lunchbox. I open it and it reveals kimbap, egg roll, & dumplings. She gives me chopsticks and I get a piece of kimbap. I was surprised with its taste; it was tasteless so I immediately drink water.

 “How was it?” She asked me. I was hesitating if I will tell her the truth since it may hurt her feelings but I can’t lie to her. What should I reply? After thinking of it, I replied this.

 “It was tasty and I like it.” I lied since I don’t want her to be hurt or sad if I’ll tell her the truth.

 “Really oppa?” She smiled before getting a piece of kimbap.

(A/N: This is how Sooyoung smiled after Ryeowook’s reply.)

“Have some more oppa.” Sooyoung, I can’t! If only I can think of a reason to escape…

 I was relieved when the bell rang signaling the resuming of our class.

 “Sooyoung, we have to go now. See you later!” I immediately left and went to the room for my next class.”

 End of Ryeowook’s POV

 Sooyoung’s POV:

 Before Ryeowook oppa left, I have a piece of kimbap on my chopsticks. I decided to taste it. When it was on my mouth, I did the same thing; drink water after tasting it. Sooyoung, why didn’t you taste it first before giving it to him? Now he will think I’m a bad cook. If only I wake up early and finished preparing this lunchbox for him that I’ll have time to taste it… No, Sooyoung! Don’t fool yourself! You don’t know how to cook.

 With that thought, I closed the lunchbox and brought it to my classroom and hide it on my bag. Lucky our teacher wasn’t in our room already because if so, I’ll be in danger. After some minutes, our teacher arrived and as usual, he’s teaching the subject I hate the most; History. And as usual, I’m just pretending to listen to him and take notes so that I’ll not get sleepy. But this time, my mind is filled with thoughts about what happened during break time. Sooyoung, focus on your class!

 Since I was still thinking about what happened earlier, I didn’t notice that everyone left and Seohyun is facing me.

(A/N: This is how Sooyoung was staring blankly and didn’t notice everyone already left.)

She patted me before asking “Are you okay?”

 I surprisingly look at her and place my hands on my chest and replied “You scare me! What did you ask?”

 “Are you okay? Everyone already left and you haven’t fixed your things. It’s already the end of the class. What are you thinking? Is there something bothering you?” She asked me.

(A/N: Seohyun has this worried face while she’s waiting for Sooyoung’s reply to her question.)

“Don’t mind me. Let’s go. Maybe our friends are already looking for us.” I replied so that we’ll go after I fixed my things.

 I & Seohyun met with our friends but still I can’t forget what happened earlier. I was walking behind them so that they’ll not notice me thinking and feeling sad. But what happened is the opposite; they all looked at me and asked me questions.

 “Are you okay?” Taeyeon unnie asked.

 “Is there something bothering you right now?” Jessica unnie asked.

 “Tell us.” Hyoyeon unnie asked.

 “We may help you with your problem.” Yuri unnie asked.

 “I already asked her while we are on our classroom but she didn’t tell me. I already noticed her like that after our break time.” Seohyun explained.

 I first sighed before saying this “Ok. I’ll tell you even though it’s embarrassing.”

 I looked away from them while saying this “This morning, I’ve decided to made lunchbox for Ryeowook oppa. I even texted him. So when our break time comes, he sits next to me and tasted the food I made. But after he tasted it, he immediately drinks water and even hurried go to their class when the bell rang. He told me that it’s tasty but I can tell that he’s lying.”

 They all looked at me and I even feel sadder.

 “Can we taste it?” Taeyeon unnie asked.

 “But I know you’ll not like it.” I replied.

 “Please. We just want to taste it.” Jessica unnie pleaded.

 Since they insisted, I get the lunchbox from my bag and get chopsticks so that they can eat it. All of them get one. And as expected, they throw up the food I made.

 “At first I thought and fooled myself that the food I prepared is bad since I wake up late and didn’t have time to taste it. But I can’t fool myself. I know I’m a bad cook. And it hurts that my boyfriend is a good cook.” I said while preventing my tears to fall.

 “I think if he really loves you, he’ll still accept you even though you’re like that. And if he’s not like that, I think he didn’t love you enough.” Sunny unnie explained.

 I know Sunny unnie is right and even my other friends nodded but I still think that I can still think of a solution to my problem. Think Sooyoung! We continued walking when an idea pops on my head.

 “Wait! I can enroll on a cooking class. That way I can cook delicious food for Ryeowook oppa on our 1st anniversary. Do you think it’s a good idea?” I asked them.

 “But Sooyoung, it’s okay if you don’t do that. I can see Ryeowook oppa love you even though you can’t cook.” Seohyun objected.

 “It’s not only for him. It’s only for me. Because if I learn how to cook, I can cook food and will not buy instant foods anymore. And also, this will help me in my future when I get married.” I explained.

 They all nodded and agreed and after that, we made our way on our own home.

 End of Sooyoung’s POV

 End of Flashback

 Back to present time

 Sooyoung’s POV:

 It was hard at first to study how to cook. First, I’m studying that’s why I scheduled my cooking class after school. But there are times that it was hard for me since there are times that I’m tired. But I always convinced myself that I have to do this. I can do this if I believe myself. There are times I’m giving up because cooking is new to me. Why wouldn’t I think of giving up that time? I always failed and there are times that our teacher scold at me since I can’t do basic things but when I think of my reasons why I enrolled, I always think to myself that I should be patient enough and understand my situation and that I will succeed if I’ll do my best.

 With that determination, I’ve finished the cooking class and I really became one of the students in the class who really improved much. And this time, I can cook the foods I prepared that time and this time it will not be the same; it will be delicious. This time, I’m sure of myself.

 And without me noticing, today is our 1st anniversary. Since its weekend, I decided to prepare food for Ryeowook oppa. Today, I decided to show my cooking skills that improved much. I’ll show him the result of my hard work after finishing my cooking class for months. Sooyoung fighting!

(A/N: Sooyoung was like this when she thought of Sooyoung fighting!)

End of Sooyoung’s POV

 Ryeowook’s POV:

 It was weekend and I was awaken by a call. I slowly open my eyes and looked who’s the caller. I suddenly sit down and got surprised on who called; it was Sooyoung. I’ve been missing her after that incident so I happily answered her call.

(A/N: This is how happily Ryeowook answered the call.)

“Hello Ryeowook oppa!” She answered and I really missed her voice.

 I answered since she may think I’m out of the line. “Hello it’s been a while since I heard your voice and I really missed it. But wait, why I can’t see you at school? Is it because of what happened in the canteen?”

 “Don’t mind that. Remember it’s our 1st anniversary today. I’ve prepared foods for you. Can you come over in my house?” She asked me. I was really hesitant since what if the foods she prepared taste like before.

 “I’m alright. I’m already full.” I answered first but she suddenly replied.

 “Please. And I’ll also give you my gift. And I like to spend the day with you.” She convinced me. Since I can’t resist her, I replied “Ok. Wait for me there. I’ll go there.”

 “Thank you oppa! Will wait for you here! If ever you’ll not go here, I’ll be mad at you.” She told me.

 “Ok. I promise. I’ll just prepare myself. Bye!” I said and she also replied “Bye” before I end the call.

 End of Ryeowook’s POV

 No One’s POV:

 After some minutes, Ryeowook came and knocked on the door. Sooyoung happily opened the door.

 “Come in. I’ll just get my gift. Wait for me here.” Sooyoung said before getting her gift for Ryeowook.

 Ryeowook sits down on the couch while waiting for Sooyoung. Sooyoung went downstairs and handed the gift to Ryeowook.

 “Happy anniversary Ryeowook oppa! Here’s my gift. Hope you like it.” Sooyoung said.

 “Happy anniversary too Sooyoung! Here’s my gift for you.” Ryeowook also said.

 “Let’s just open it later. You wait on the dining room. I’ll just get the foods I prepared.” Sooyoung told Ryeowook.

 Ryeowook do as what Sooyoung told her but still there was still doubt on him whether Sooyoung’s prepared food will taste good this time.

 Ryeowook’s POV:

 What if the foods she prepared taste the same? What will I do? And what if she ignores me again? What am I gonna do?

 End of Ryeowook’s POV

 Those thoughts of Ryeowook were interrupted when Sooyoung came and put the foods she prepared on the table.

 “These are the foods I prepared for you oppa. Hope you like it.” Sooyoung shyly said.

 Ryeowook nodded and tried it. He was surprised that it tastes good.

 “Is it delicious or not? Is it bad?” Sooyoung nervously asked.

(A/N: This is how Sooyoung looks while waiting for Ryeowook’s answer.)

“No. It’s so delicious. You really improved.” Ryeowook complimented.

 “Really? Let’s eat together.” Sooyoung happily said and they eat together.

 Ryeowook enjoys eating the food she prepared since it was her who cooks it and it was delicious.

 When they finished eating, Sooyoung was about to wash the dishes when Ryeowook suddenly stops her.

 “I’ll wash this. Just wait there. And then we will go to the park. There we will open our gifts for each other, okay?” Ryeowook said and waited for Sooyoung’s response.

 Sooyoung only nodded and waited for Ryeowook to finish. When Ryeowook finished washing the dishes, Sooyoung gets her gift and the slices of cake she bake.

 “What is that?” Ryeowook asked.

(A/N: This is how Ryeowook looks at Sooyoung when he asked her.)

“I bake these slices of cake. My friends are going also today on the park. I’ll just give them this since I’m very grateful to them.” Sooyoung explained.

 “Grateful for what?” Ryeowook curiously asked.

 “Let’s go now oppa.” Sooyoung said and they made their way on the park.

 When they arrived at the park, Sooyoung was right. Her friends are there enjoying the day.

 “Oppa, stay there. I’ll just give this to them.” Sooyoung said before approaching her friends.

 “Sooyoung!” All of her friends said in unison when she approached them.

 “Thank you very much that you didn’t told oppa that I went to cooking class. Since I’m very thankful to all of you, I decided to bake a cake and each one of you will have a slice.” Sooyoung said and give them a slice of the cake she baked.

 “Did you really go to a cooking school to learn cooking because of me?” Sooyoung was surprised when she saw Ryeowook on her back and said that.

 “Thank you for this. We’ll go now. We don’t want to interrupt on your date.” Taeyeon said.

 “Bye Sooyoung!” Her other friends replied and waved at her before going on their way.

 Sooyoung only nod on the question Ryeowook asked. She was surprised when Ryeowook suddenly hugs her tightly.

 “Thank you. You don’t have to do this. It’s okay even though you can’t cook. We can buy take-outs.” Ryeowook jokingly said.

 Sooyoung broke the hug and pouted.

(A/N: This is how Sooyoung pouts.)

“I want to do it for you. It hurts my pride that my boyfriend is a good cook than me & I can’t cook any dish for him because it may hurt his stomach. And because of the cooking class, I’ll no longer buy instant foods and this will help me in my future when I get married.” Sooyoung explained.

 “You’re already thinking of your future husband?” Ryeowook sadly said.

 “Aigoo oppa is jealous. Oppa, there’s nothing wrong with thinking of my future. But what’s important is the present time and I’m with you now. So I’ll be using my cooking skills for you and I’ll not be tired in doing it.” Sooyoung sweetly said.

 Ryeowook smiled with Sooyoung reply and suddenly said “Let’s sit there.”

 Ryeowook pointed on a bench and Sooyoung nodded. They hold each other’s hands to go to the bench. When they are already seated, Ryeowook suggested something.

“Let’s open the gift here.” Ryeowook suggested.

 “That’s a good idea! I’ll open first your gift. ” Sooyoung said and open the gift.

(A/N: Ryeowook’s gift is the beanie Sooyoung wore on the above picture.)

“This is really beautiful. Thank you oppa!” Sooyoung smiled and gives him a kiss on the cheek after saying that.

 Ryeowook only smiled and opens the gift.

(A/N: Sooyoung’s gift is the scarf Ryeowook wore on the above picture.)

“Thank you for this. Why don’t we wear it?” Ryeowook suggested.

 Sooyoung only nodded and they both wear each other’s gift. After that, they continued their date and enjoyed the day together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author’s Note:

Please comment on what you think of this chapter.

Not really confident with this chapter but hope you like it!

Thanks for reading!

Thank you all to your comments on this fic and also to those who subscribed on this fic!

Happy New Year’s Eve to everyone & Advance Happy New Year!

Credit to Estrelucir for the youtube video.

 Super Junior H - Cooking Cooking

Jagiya manhi muhguh
Uga uga! Uga uga!

Nae yuhjachinguneun (Nomu yeppuhyo) Nae yuhjachinguneun (Mameun duh yeppuhyo)
Hajiman geunyuhegedo danhangaji danjuhm – naboda mothan yorisomsshi
Bapdo mothae gukdo mothae
Iguht juhguht amuguhtdo mothae!
Ramyuhne muldo mot matchugo
Ganjanginji colanjido gubyuhl mothae
Nuhreul nomu johahajiman…
Nuhreul nomu saranghajiman…
Jongmal idaeroramyuhn
Gyuhlhoneun jom…

Waenirinji uhneunal juhnyuhk chodae handamyuh
Nuhui jibeuro nareul boolluhjji naneun gidaehaessuhjji
Gulmgo gulmgo ddo gulmuh niga haejul mashinneun juhnyuk gidaehamyuh
Sangsanghamyuh sutgarageul deun geu sungan (Iruhke matuhbsuhdo dwenayo?!)
Iruhke matuhbsuhdo dwenayo? Dodaeche mu uhlnuheun guhngayo? (Oh ew nomu matuhbsuh)
Charari naega nuneul gamgo mandeunge duh na eulguhtman gatayo
Mashi uttuhnya naege mudneyo (Mwoyaaa!)
Ddo naege museun himi innayo (Ooh, ooh mashiddaaa)
Juhngmal mashiddarago haedduhni geunyuh useumyuh hangeureut duh juneyo… nal sallyuhjwo

Myuhchil dongan geunyuh amu yuhnlak obgo
Geunyuh chingu tonghae ahn geunyuhui soshik
Yuhnguh (I’m full) Iruh (Anou) Jungkuguh (Lai lai~) Hakwuhneul danineura shiganuhbda haneyo!

Geuruhn geunyuh gapjagi naege yuhnlak haewajjyo dashi hanbuhn duh juhnyuhk chodaereul hageddaneyo
Nan gwaenchanhda baebureuda mareul haejjiman hokshina haneun geuruhn maeumeuro nuhege dallyuh ganneunde
Iruhke mashissuhdo dwenayo? (Iruhke mashissuhdo dwenayo?) Ige sarami mandeun guhngayo? (Ooh mashissuh!)
Iruhnge iddaneun somundo naneun deuruh bonjuhkdo obneunde
Mashi uhttuhnya naege mudneyo ([SUNGMIN] Joha joha! Nomu johaaa!) Nunmul heullimyuh nan marhaejjyo (Michigessuuuh!)
Muhrie tuhlnago iruhke mashinneun yorineun nan chuheumiya

Algoboni geunyuhneun nareul wihaesuh
Yorihakwuhneul danyuhdduhn guhjyo ([ALL] Oooh mashijjyo!) Naneun geuguhtdo moreunchae

Iruhke matuhbsuhdo— (Aniji!)
Iruhke mashissuhdo dwenayo? (Geuruhji!) Ige sarami mandeun guhngayo? (Jagiya!)
Iruhnge iddaneun somundo naneun deuruh bonjuhkdo obneunde (Ooh mashissuh uhttuhkae!) (Nomu joha nomu joha!)
Mashi uhttuhnya naege mudneyo (Choigo!!) Nunmul heullimyuh nan marhaejjyo
Muhrie tuhlnago iruhke mashinneun yorineun nan chuheumiya
(Hahahaha!) (Aah mashissuhyo!) (Eheheh) (Duhwoyo~)

Jagiya baebulluh?

Translation of Cooking Cooking:

Hey honey, eat a lot!
Uga uga! Uga uga!

My girlfriend (is too pretty)
My girlfriend (her heart is prettier)
But she also has only one weak point –
she’s a more incapable cook than me.

Can’t cook rice either Can’t cook soup either
This and that She can’t cook anything!
She can’t even boil ramyun’s water
She can’t tell between soy sauce and cola
I like you a lot but…
I love you a lot but…
If it is really like this
Marriage is just…

For some reason someday
you invited me to dinner
You called me over at your house,
I was looking forward to it
I starved and starved and starved again
while anticipating the delicious dinner you’ll give me
And imagining your delicious dinner
I took a spoonful

Can it be this tasteless?
What on earth did you put in it?
I could cook better than this
with my eyes closed
How could you ask me about the taste?
What am I to say anything but…
I told her it’s really tasty, she smiles as she
gives me another serving… please save me

I haven’t got in touch
with her for a few days
And her friend didn’t tell
me news about her
She’s been going to English (I’m full) Japanese (Anou)
Chinese (Lai Lai~)
lessons and has
no time!

Then she suddenly
got in contact with me,
she invited me
for dinner once more
I told her I’m alright
I’m full
but I run to her hopefully
with those feelings

Can it be this delicious?
Has a person made this?
But I haven’t heard of such taste,
not even in rumours
So she asks me about the taste
As I shed a tear I told you
It’s the first time since hair has grown on my head
that I have such delicious cooking

And I realize that for me…
She’s been to cooking school
Little did I know about that

Can it be so tasteless (It’s not!)
Can it be this delicious?
Has a person made this?
But I haven’t heard of such taste,
not even in rumours
So she asks me about the taste
And as I shed a tear I told her
It’s the first time since hair has grown on my head
that I have such delicious cooking

Hey honey, are you full?