Confession?

Hospital Happiness

“~~~~~, you really don’t have to be here, I give you the night off to be with your family,” your boss said.

“Please Boss, this is where I want to be, believe me.” You gave him a strained smile. He sighed.

“I don’t know what to do with you, you do as you please.”

 

You walked around in the restaurant checking up on costumers when someone suddenly barged in through the door and stumbled into the lobby. You turned around and saw Jonghyun lurching forward, tipping chairs over to get through, to you.

“Jonghyun? What are you…?” You were interrupted by his sudden embrace. You stood paralyzed in his arms among the staring guests.

“I thought you’d be here, I came as soon as I heard,” he whispered into your ear.

“Heard what?” But you already knew, there wasn’t much else to know was there?

“About your dad. Are you okay?” He hugged you even tighter. It took you a few more seconds to get a grip of your thoughts and you pushed him away.

“How did you know?” you asked angrily. You had no common friends and you doubted that anyone from your family had told him.

“I just wanted to see if you were okay, and I guess you are. You’re mad at me, as always.” He gave you a weak smile. Okay? You sure as hell wasn’t okay? Hand how did he know!?

“You didn’t answer my question… Have you been spying on me?”

“Not me in person, and I wouldn’t really call it spying, it’s more like watching… over… you…” Jonghyun looked down at his feet, embarrassed by all the strange looks the restaurant’s guests gave him. You felt your insides boil.

“You, come with me, right now!” you growled at him and pulled him with you, out of the dining hall, through the kitchen and out on the back, away from the audience. You couldn’t afford losing your job for yelling at a costumer, again, not now.

 

“Jonghyun, what the hell is you problem? Why are you stalking me?” you have just made my life more miserable, why can’t you just leave me alone!?” you yelled in his face. You couldn’t believe that you had been thinking that you missed him, just the other day. He sighed.

“I’m not stalking you, I just want to make sure that nothing bad happens to you,” he said.

“Nothing bad? Jonghyun, you have gotten me in enough trouble. You made me lose my job…”

“But I got it back for you!”

“…and you made me lose my boyfriend, whom I love. Can you get him back for me?” Your voice cracked and tears started streaming down your cheeks. “For once I was actually really happy and you took it away from me. Can’t you see that? You shouldn’t have said those stupid things to Gikwang.”

“I can make you happy, ~~~~~-ah. You know I can, please let me. Let me be your boyfriend.” Jonghyun took a step closer and he looked at you with pleading eyes. You took a step back as he got closer and looked away, because you know what you had to do. You couldn’t accept his heart.

“You might be able to make me happy, but not like he can. I don’t love you. Not that way. It’s just like I told Gikwang. You’re just a friend. Nothing more than a very good friend.” You turned your back to him to make sure you didn’t see his face as you said it. “I’m going back to work now, and after that I will clear this misunderstanding out with Gikwang once and for all.” You could take two steps before Jonghyun’s voice made you stop in your tracks.

“I have an offer to make, you won’t be able to resist it…”