Chocolate mousse at work

Hospital Happiness

“Yah! Why are you running around like that?” You nearly dropped all the dirty plates on your tray when someone shouted at you. You looked up and saw Jonghyun standing in the doorway to the restaurant. “I was expecting you to be seated already, waiting for me.” He glared at your boss who bowed apologetically. You frowned. What made him think he could just bash in here and behave like that? Didn’t he know how to treat people with respect? But you didn’t say anything.

 

Jonghyun sat and waited for you at the table. He impatiently tapped his fingers on the table top as you sat down across from him. It was only going to be the two of you today? What was he? The master of awkwardness?

“The food will be here any minute,” you announced.

“What’s for starter? Oh, wait! Don’t tell me. I like surprises.” He winked at you. Ugh…

 

The food arrived.

“A salad?” Jonghyun looked sceptically at you. “How boring. Is this really your favourite?”

“No.”

“Then why did you pick it? Those weren’t my orders.”

“I don’t take orders,” you hissed.

“You’re a waitress…” Jonghyun lifted an eyebrow and flashed you a crooked smile.

“Not those kind of orders.” Pabo.

 

You ate the first course during silence. Once in a while you glanced at Jonghyun as he ruminated his salad.

“I give up,” he finally said. “Why do you girls always order this? You need food god dammit! You have to be a freaking rabbit to chew this.”

“Then we can take in the next one,” you said and put your cutlery down, happy that the first step had gone pretty quick.

“Bring it in. I’m starving,” Jonghyun said and you motioned to a colleague that it was time.

 

“Chicken fillet… you like chicken?” Jonghyun asked.

“I just wanted to try it and see what why Onew is so obsessed with it,” you shrugged and took a bite.

“You have never eaten chicken!?” Jonghyun gaped at you.

“Not like this, just in stews.” You cut the fillet into pieces and put one of them in your mouth.

“… What do you think?” Jonghyun looked at you like he was trying to read a response in your face. You chewed thoughtfully.

“Hmm…” You swallowed. ”I don’t really get why he likes it so much. It’s nothing special. I prefer traditional Korean food anyway.”

“Then why do you work in a restaurant that’s specialised on western food?” Jonghyun looked uncomprehending.

“The pay,” you simply said.

“Of course…”

 

“Ready for dessert?”

“I’m not sure I can eat any. I feel like I’ve eaten for a week straight.” You leaned back in your chair and patted your stomach. You weren’t used to eating so much.

“What? Of course you’re having dessert. It goes down to your second belly, so don’t worry,” Jonghyun smiled. What was he talking about? “Aren’t we having pie?”

“No. I ordered that chocolate foamy thing.” You tried to shape the dessert with your hands. Desserts weren’t your area…

“Foamy? That sounds… exciting…” Jonghyun crooked an eyebrow.

“Yeah, it does doesn’t it? I thought I’d try it out when I had the chance.” You cutely tilted your head and smiled. Jonghyun blinked twice before returning the smile.

 

“Well, this looks… suspicious…” You poked the dessert with your spoon. It moved a little. You shuddered. It looked like some kind of creepy animal moving like that, it would attack you if you weren’t careful.

“Don’t look so disgusted, it actually tastes nice,” Jonghyun said and chuckled a little at your sceptical expression. You pushed the saucer away.

“I think I’ll pass.”

“HUH!? No way! Eat!” Jonghyun picked up your spoon with some mousse on it and stretched it towards your mouth. “Eat.”

“No thank you. I don’t like people feeding me,” you said polite, but sarcastic, before pressing your lips together.

“Excuse me, what did you say?” Jonghyun asked, apparently not hearing what you had said.

“I said; I don’t li… hmpf.” Jonghyun put the spoon in your mouth without warning. He let go of the spoon handle and pulled his hand back, letting the spoon stay in your mouth, with its contain on your tongue. He smirked.

“How was it?”

“You’re evil,” you said after swallowing.

“I know, a real bastard. But a charming one,” he said seductively.

“You’re a schizo, that’s for sure,” you huffed.

“I’m hurt. Why are you being so mean?” Jonghyun whined mincingly.

“Sometimes you’re acting all nice, but then sometimes…” You thought about the way he had acted when he entered the restaurant and how he had already made it a habit to boss you around.

“What?” Jonghyun asked, waiting for the continuation.

“Sometimes you’re not.” You decided to be nice. Jonghyun frowned. “Let’s just say I like the first version of you better…”

“There’s only me…”

“Whatever.” You shrugged. “Your time is up now anyway.” You stood up.

“Following me to the door?” Jonghyun asked.

“Of course,” you said with just a liiittle too much enthusiasm.

“How nice of you.” Jonghyun smiled and left the table. Like you had a choice…

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Another chapter is up ^^ not very enlightening but whatever, hope you liked it :)

 

And I just wanted to say that I have written my first one-shot :O
It's with Onew and 'You'. I'd be happy if you'd check it out.
It's called
Nicest Thing

:)<3