Second date

Hospital Happiness

Jonghyun was back the next night, much happier this time. The playful teasing Jonghyun you knew was back. This night dinner went by real quickly, and you had actually enjoyed it. You went to wave Jonghyun goodbye for this time. He smiled at you from the car.

“Tomorrow we’ll eat something special, it’s Friday after all.”

 

Friday, was that something to celebrate? It’s not like there would be a lazy weekend waiting for you. Then nervousness kicked in. Gikwang was going to pick you up after work tomorrow! Butterflies started fluttering crazily inside your stomach. How you were looking forward to that…

 

 

The following day

 

“I’ll be ready in a minute,” you said apologetically to Gikwang as you rushed past him with your tray full of dirty dishes.

“No problem, we’re not in a hurry,” Gikwang smiled and sat down by the bar.

 

Ten minutes went by

 

Twenty minutes

 

Twenty five minutes after Gikwang had arrived your boss finally let you go.

“I’m sorry you had to wait.” You bit your lip and bowed your head.

“Don’t worry about that, let’s just go before your boss gives you more to do.” Gikwang didn’t have to tell twice.

 

“What do you want to do?” Gikwang asked.

“I don’t know,” you said and stifled yawn.

“You look tired, and no wonder considering how much you boss makes you work…” Gikwang gave you a smile. “How about we come up with a calm activity?”

“Umm… How would you feel about a movie?” you asked.

“Movie sounds great. Let’s go.”

 

The walk to the cinema wasn’t long but it really wore you out. Gikwang let you choose movie. You had no idea what was on the movie theatres nowadays, you hadn’t been there for ages, so you just picked a random movie.

“Do you know what it’s about?”

“Nope. Not a clue,” you said as you walked next to Gikwang towards the salon. Gikwang chuckled.

“It’ll be a surprise then.”

“I like surprises,” you said. “Good surprises…”

 

“~~~~~-ah, wake up,” a voice whispered in your ear. You flung your eyes open and sat up straight.

“Am I late, am I late!?” you asked with panic in your voice.

“Calm down ~~~~~-ah, we’re still at the cinema,” Gikwang said soothingly. Oh… you calmed down a little.

“Is it about to start?” You turned your eyes to the big blank screen.

“~~~~~-ah?” You looked at Gikwang and he smiled at you. “You fell asleep before the commercials were over.” You could feel the colour running from your face. You put a hand over your mouth.

“Gikwang, I really can’t describe how sorry I am.“ You looked down and covered your face with your hands. “God, I’m so stupid.”

 

You felt a pair of warm hands nudge yours and remove them from your face. You glanced up at Gikwang and noticed that he was smiling. Not as grumpy as a certain other dinosaur…

“You’re not stupid. Everyone has to sleep, right? We’ll just have to do this some other time, when you’re a little peppier.” Gikwang pulled you to your feet keeping a firm, but still gentle, grip around one of your hands. You walked towards the exit, your hand in his.

 

You felt a need to say something.

“Was the movie any good?” you asked. Gikwang laughed a little.

“How would I know?”

“What do you mean?” You looked up at him. He looked back at you with a smile before looking away.

“Nothing,” he said while slightly swinging your entwined hands back and forth between you. He glanced at you. “I just got a little distracted, I had better things to look at…” Was he referring to you? According to the look he gave you the answer to that question was yes. You blushed madly. What do you say when someone says something like that?

 

Gikwang gave your hand a light squeeze while looking in a completely different direction. You had no idea what that squeeze meant in dating-language but you didn’t hesitate, not even for a second, to return it.