Unemployed...

Hospital Happiness

, , ! This could not be happening! This wasn’t happening! You furiously shook your head. There was no way that this was happening to you! Hadn’t you been through enough? You tried to breathe long and calm breaths and wandered back and forth in front of the gate. It didn’t help. You sat down on the ground and grabbed your head in an attempt to collect your thoughts. What were you supposed to do? Without your salary the only income your family had was the shores your mother did when she could, since Taeyeon now was hospitalized and couldn’t work. And how could you ever pay the hospital bill, for both your father and Taeyeon? And every other bill? And the rent? How much of Taeyeon’s money was left? Your entire body started shaking from you crying. You had never felt so alone, ever. Not in your entire life had you felt so alone like you did now. The world had abandoned you.

 

You keened your forehead against the door and took a deep breath before opening it and stepping inside the apartment. You looked up from her cooking shores with a surprised face.

“You’re home early,” she said while frying something in a pan. How could you tell her? Your mother noticed the look on your face and turned around to face you fully. “You look devastated, what happened?”

“I… I…” No matter how much you tried the words just wouldn’t come out of your mouth. Your mother looked carefully at you.

“Did you get fired?” she asked her face not moving a muscle.

“How…? yes,” you mumbled. Your mother turned back to the stove.

“That’s okay, we will manage.  We always have…” Your mother’s voice cracked and her shoulders started shaking.

“Omma, it will be fine. I can easily find a new job,” you said not knowing if you were telling the truth. “I can quit school and work day time too, I…”

“No! You are going to school.”

“But omma, I…”

“I won’t let you throw away your future. I can’t let you suffer more for my mistakes… don’t worry ~~~~~-ah, I will figure something out. It’s time for me to contribute with something to this household too…”

“Omma…”

“~~~~~, get the boys to the table.”

“Yes.”

 

When you came home from school the following day you found your mother with a bunch of newspapers in front of her.

“Any luck with the jobs?” you asked.

“Not yet.” Your mother sounded very stressed.

“I’ll be in my room if you need me. I can take the newspapers when you’re done…”

 

Everyday after school you walked all over town and asked if there were vacancies. There were, no one seemed willing to hire a teenager who was still in school. A week past and you were about to give up. It seemed to be an impossible task to find a job. You got home until dinner and you mother looked expectantly at you as you entered the kitchen. You glanced at her and trotted to the stove to get some dinner. She tried to hide it but looked disappointed. You sat down by the table and started eating. The food was tasteless. No salt…

 

Suddenly the phone rang. You got up and answered.

“Yoboseyo?” you mumbled in a subdued tone.

“~~~~~?”

“Boss?”

“Congratulations ~~~~~, you’ve gotten your job back.”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I apoIogize... I know it's a quick solution , but you'll all know why , soon ^^

Plus , I hate when my characters are feeling down , and can't really keep the drama up for long so "/ I'll just go on short shockers or cliff hangers :P