Fight or flight

Art of Keeping up Disappearances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-How do you know?

-I just know

That was on replay in your mind while you saw the changing scenario, the only words that didn't lost meaning, that where in auto repeat. It was like all the other words you once exchange had been forgotten and only those words related to the one that made you cry and make a stupid wish were the ones that you remembered. With your mind telling them as a prayer, telling you that even if it hurted, it was the right thing to do, like the closing of a chapter. Accepting destiny and leave everything behind, this was what you had to do so you could move one and brake that wish. And maybe live, live with love that hurted and accept what Kyungsoo was saying and be brave enough to fight and not run like you were doing every time. This was you growing up, letting him go and be happy and you been able to accept that you aren't that person. Going to make amends and get your very first friend and crush back.

It wasn't easy, it was a bet that only mad people and people who started living to late and too fast. Like you, you didn't thought twice, checking your money and running once more, you knew that Kim Jongin would follow, but the problem layed in that for once he didn't knew where you were going noone knew where you were going, you were been a maniac who wanted closure. You didn't gave any explanations, and you run once more. He did catched you, it was a strong hold and at the same time it was a loosen hold that gave you a choice. And you choose him, you choose Jongin and that was why you ran and maybe he didn't knew that, that was a complication that could be obvious. But you could have time for explanations later, you had to do this now because you were brave and a fool in that moment. So you weren't able of stopping because if you stopped you would think and thinking would filled your head with bad thoughts. And no, it was time for you to be the friend that you couldn't be because of a stupid little thing called love.

You had enough money in your pocket to buy a bus ticket and that was thanks to the person you were running to, he used to tell you that you should be always ready for the running that comes with the life, he was the person that made you live like you should, and then who stopped everything until Kim Jongin entered and it was weird. Because you can't understand how you could live before Kim Jongin, you would go as far a saying with the guy that made you make a stupid wish. It was growing up what you were doing, accepting things and letting things go. Like how you made that wish by yourself and used it as an excuse. Going to him and seen the familiar scenario was making you able of seen that, that you made your own bubble and Kim Jongin was trying to make it pop, the problem was that he was using the wrong equipment. He should have said only one name and that would have made you or brake you. Kim Myungsoo.

He hadn't changed, he looked the same to you, even do he wasn't smiling as he used to, his hair was black, he had a better body and not that chubby cheeks you used to pock, it was like seen a stranger but at the same time when he gave you that warm hug you missed so much, you knew who it was, this was your first love, your best friend. And you weren't ready once more to let him go, so you held a little longer and stronger, and maybe, just maybe, you hide yourself in his chest to smell him and hide your face from him. But this was just a maybe. He was saying your name with such a care, that you remembered dreaming of hearing him say that when you dated. You never had an "if" for him, it was as easy as that.  You knew the moment for him to let you go was coming, and coming fast, but you didn't wanted to. However, when the time came you didn't felt hollow or the need to hold him once more, you felt alright, like it was the last hug, it wasn't a bug like it used to be, it wasn't Kim Jongin. And that made you smile and be brave.

-I met Kim Myungsoo

It was like you never left and burned all bridge with him.

-Told

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter