Crazy little thing called love

Art of Keeping up Disappearances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A whole new year, that was the boom that you heard and the colors that illuminated the blue sky. It was a new year, and you were sitting alone on a rooftop, everyone was downstairs screaming and kissing someone. Someone that they loved, and you wished you could be with them, you wished that all the other years, when the fireworks go up in the sky you would close your eyes and whisper to the air your secret wish, hoping it will come true this time. This time it would be the year you would get your wish. No more alone, no more a lonely heart, and start feeling the beat of another heart, the heat of another body that would keep you warm on cold nights like the one of the last day of the year. That was the wish, for love. Since the first time you got the answer of what is love since you saw people been in love and loving, it was since then that you would go to the rooftop all alone until you had someone you loved, and wished for that one person that would make your world go upside down. But time passes, and people grow up, and the reality makes you bitter. So this was a whole new year, and there you were with the sky in different colors, with the chaos from downstairs as an echo of all the years before. And you know it's time to close your eyes and talk in whispers to the air. But you are tired and tomorrow you would go to Seoul, a new city to live, new people, new everything. So here it comes, first you close your eyes, then you think the right words, and when you hear the go off a firework you speak silently to the cold night air.

-I wish for it to stop, stop the silly love

Time passed and now you were in your junior year, Seoul was home now, with familiar friends, with no more wish in new years eve. No more that silly thing called love. It was all alright and good in life, with friends that didn't make a lot of questions in your lack of response to love. It wasn't that you were a cold prince, never that, it was just that you hadn't dated anyone and never wished to date anyone. You got a confession but you would reject them as gently as you could. No one ever asked what happened to the boy that would talk about love and how perfect it is. They just let it be. And you were happy with that. It was an easy life the one you had without thinking, hoping and wishing for it.

-So what do we have today?

-I have a really good sandwich with French fries, all for myself

-Mine, yours, his, you know Hunnie that such things don't exist

-Why won't you just bring your own food?

-How could he when he has your food? The real question after two years why do you keep asking?

-True true, I shield eat all you little hobbit

Luhan and Kyungsoo they were your friends, maybe you weren't the same age, and maybe this was the last year of Luhan, but you didn't care you met them by luck. Luhan with his campaign against Valentine and how sad it probably was for all the people who didn't get dates, which was crazy because he was like a playboy in the school so he always had a date. And you got mixed in his whole propaganda when you got a little attack from a group of girls that you had rejected, then came Kyungsoo the n literature class where he crucified Romeo and Juliet and say that they were just two teenagers. And from then the professor never asked Kyungsoo to debate when romantic novels came up. You met him, because well the professor then asked you and you said that they were just two idiots that didn't think about anything and they were just kids playing house. And that started a riot with Kyungsoo getting again on his feet and saying everything he couldn't say. And it was bloody awful. So maybe you choose your friends according to their thoughts and actions about love. And perhaps that was why they didn't ask because they just weren't that kind of people. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

-The French fries are mine!

Ah, you forgot your latest addition, he, he was a mystery. He just pops up, from nowhere, he wasn't a rebel with love, he was just a guy that was on the rooftop when you were having an alone time. And he went with.

-Just my luck!

He thought you were going to jump, yes he called you a jumper never wanting to know your name. Maybe he knew your name but that didn't matter. He was more reserved than all of you, and that didn't bother you. You only met during lunch, that was the only time you would see him. You thought that he was a senior but Luhan said he couldn't be. It was so little what you knew of each other and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter