Chapter 5

More than wolves

(Yoobie's POV)

For pretty much the whole day, I stayed in my room while Soyeon was apologizing. Even Chanyeol walked in and said sorry.

 I don’t even know if this is really that much a big of a deal; but I’m a drama queen, so if anything happens, I pretty much crush.

 I sighed and finally got out of bed. I went out and downstairs. Baekhyun was sitting in my spot on the couch. I didn’t even bother yelling at him, my voice was too hoarse.

 “What’s for dinner?” I asked Suho softly. I am pretty much scared of him.

 “The usual. And sorry about earlier, I guess I got too mad.” He says, stirring some fried veggies in a pan.

 “It’s okay, it’s pretty much me and Baekhyun’s fault for fighting like little kids.” I say. “It’s not my fault!” I hear Baekhyun yell from the living room.

 I ignored him. I walked back into the living room and sat in the farthest couch from him. I got comfortable and grabbed the remote. I the T.V to dramas.

 “I don’t want to watch this crap, give me the remote!” Baekhyun yells. I ignored him, and turned up the volume. I smirked as I can see him in the corner of my eye glaring at me.

 Dinner was done. Suho called everyone down for dinner. I walked in and Soyeon was sitting by Tao and Sehun and Chanyeol. I should call them the sinister quads. I sighed and fly on my towards the counter to grab my plate and food. Sitting down next to Kris, the quiet guy, I noticed he never really said anything much. 

 “Hey Kris.” I said casually.

 “Hi.” He replied, bluntly.

 Trying not to keep it so awkward, I asked him about his day. He replied with a short, “good.” This guy is hard to get along with I guess. On the other said of me was Kyungsoo. “Hey Kyungsoo.”

 “Hi!” He said cheerfully. Ah, someone to talk to.

 I had a small conversation with him. I noticed Baekhyun sitting at the end of the dining table, nudging his food and sighing constantly. 

I smirked, a light bulb flashed above my head. I grabbed my fork and stabbed a huge piece of my steak. I aimed, and flung it right at his face. It hit his eye.

“Ow! Who did that!” He yelped.

I changed my face to a blank expression. I’m pretty good at keeping a poker face. I guess Baekhyun could tell it was me, because I felt something hitting my cheek.

“Yah!” I grabbed it and threw it back at him. 

“FOOD FIGHT!!!” Chanyeol stood up and threw a handful of rice at Baekhyun. Oh crap, what did I start?

“STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!” Suho yelled and we all did. I started laughing. Soon everyone joined in.

I put away my plate after I finished eating. I went upstairs and passed Baekhyun’s room. I peeked in and stuck my tongue out at his face. He did the same back. I ran out of there and into my room, and quickly changed into my pajamas.

I hopped onto my bed and grabbed my phone. I hadn’t been able to go on social media for a while. I went through all the social medias, trying to take Baekhyun off of my mind. Don’t blame me, I’ve had a pretty rough day. I checked the time, and it read 11:00 PM. I couldn’t sleep, so I got out of bed and put on a light jacket. Soyeon was still awake, on her phone as well. "Where are you going?" She asked. "I'm going to get some fresh air," I said. She nodded, and I left. I went downstairs. The house was really quiet.

I opened the back door and went out into my backyard. I sat down on a bench and admired the small garden I had that I use to tend to, it was pretty much dead now. “I need to do something to those flowers…”

I took and a deep breath of fresh air. The moon is high up in the sky, and I noticed that it was a full moon. “It would be funny if the guys turned into wolves tonight…” I had totally forgotten that they were wolves. I heard the door slide open behind me, and my instinct was to hide. I got behind the bench, and noticed it was Baekhyun.

His eyes looked like they were closed. Is he really sleep walking? I thought. He started walking slowly, and I guess he stepped on something because he jumped and yelped.

“Ow! What am I doing out here?” He says, and looks around.

I snickered and slowly crept behind him.

“BOO!” I yelled, and he jumped. He turned around, his face terrified but switched after he saw me.

“Yah! don’t do that! You nearly gave me a heart attack…” He pouted.

I laughed and sat down on the bench. “What are you doing out here? Did you sleep walk?” I asked.

“I don’t know, probably. I’m going to go back inside, it looks creepy out here.” He starts to go inside.

“Scaredy cat.” I yell out to him. I sighed and rubbed my eyes. I am getting a little tired now, so I guess i’ll head inside too.

I slid the sliding door open and walked inside. I heard a small growl somewhere behind me. “....Baekhyun? I know that’s you. You can’t fool me.” I turned around, expecting to face him.

Nope, not at all what I was expecting. A big, silver gray wolf was looking ready to pounce at me.

“Don’t you scream...I will kill you if you do.” I heard a voice. It did not sound like anyone I know. “W-who are you?! Go away!” I yelled.

“I know you are hiding the EXO wolves in this house. Tell the leader to get out and face me! Or else, you will be my breakfast.”

I trembled in fear, not knowing what to do. “Stop it, Ken. You’re scaring the girl.” Another wolf appeared behind him. 

“Please, bring out Suho. We are not going to kill you. We are against harming humans.” He said, his eyes seemingly glaring at the wolf named Ken.

I slowly backed away, until i felt the surface of a wall. I immediately ran away, but as soon as i stepped into another room, i felt cold, strong hands gripping my arm. I turned around, and a guy about my age stood there.

“Please, I’m begging you. Bring Suho.” The boy said. I almost fainted; another shape shifting wolf.