Chapter 11

More than wolves

 

(Yoobie's POV)

 

    I quietly slipped into bed, turning off my bedside lamp. My thoughts wandered back to the beginning of summer, where all of this started. When we met the guys, and bringing them back to my house. I softly chuckled, we’re so stupid.

 

    I grabbed my eyepatch and put it on, going to sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

 

 


 

 

    My alarm blared and I sat up. My hands flew all over the place looking for my phone,  shutting it off when I felt the large metal thing. I took off my eyepatch, stretching and getting out of bed. I slipped on my slippers and walked into my bathroom to get ready for the day.

 

    I brushed my teeth and quickly did my hair. I almost screamed when I saw how dark my eye bags were. Oh my! I grabbed my eye cream and scrubbed it on and went back into my room.

 

    “YAH SOYEON! WAKE UP! WE HAVE A BUSY DAY AHEAD OF US!” I yelled, only to realize that she wasn’t in her bed.    

 

I shrugged and went to the other rooms, waking everyone up.

 

Tao was in the first room. “Tao, wake up! We gotta prepare for the party.” I tapped him softly. I noticed a puddle of drool on his gucci pillow. “Ew.” I shook him this time, and he shifted.

 

“What? It’s morning already?” He sat up, wiping some of his drool. “Yes it is, now hurry and get out.” I quickly walked out of his room.

 

The next room was Kai’s and Chen’s. I noticed that Kai was already awake, getting out of bed.

 

“Morning Kai. Can you wake up Chen for me?” I asked and Kai nodded.

 

I walked into Kyungsoo’s and Lay’s room. Huh, Kyungsoo is already gone. That boy is so suspicious. Lay was hugging a stuffed sheep. Aww, that’s so cute!

 

“Lay,” I said and shook him a bit. “Hmm?” He turned around. “Wake up, we need to start making food.” He nodded and I left.

 

I went to the other rooms, with Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s being the last.

 

Chanyeol was hanging off of his bed, his arms swinging while snoring slightly. “Chanyeol, wake up.” He was startled and fell off of the bed. His eyes open, looking

confused at me.

 

“Oh, good morning Yoobie.” He said and got up. “Morning. Go downstairs and help Soyeon, I’ll wake up Baekhyun.” He nodded and got out.

 

I sighed, looking at Baekhyun. He was shirtless. I groaned in disgust, trying not to touch him at all.

 

“Yah! Wake up!” I kicked his sides. I heard him grunt and I almost started to laugh. I kicked him again, this time harder.

 

“What the heck?” He turned around. I bit my lip, trying to suppress the giggle that was shaking me.

 

“Just get out and go downstairs.” He kicked off his blanket and I almost shriek.

 

“EW! PUT SOME CLOTHES ON PLEASE!” I yelled and covered my eyes.

 

“Oh ! Get out, what are you still doing in here?” He yelled and I immediately ran out. Ew, ew, ew. I cannot unsee that now! Ugh, why did he have to be ?! I shook my head and dashed downstairs.

 

Soyeon was already in the kitchen, preparing the kimbap with Kyungsoo at her side. Chanyeol was getting out the ingredients for 떡볶이 (tteokbokki). Luhan was cleaning up the small messes.

 

Chen was holding a pot of hot water when he bumped into Tao, spilling the boiling components onto his special edition leather Gucci shoes.

 

“Omo! Are you okay?!” Chen said, frantically setting down the pot somewhere. “OH NO! MY BABY LEATHER GUCCI SHOES!” Tao screamed and took off his shoes, not even fazed by the noticeable burn on his foot. He quickly disappeared into the bathroom with his shoes.

 

    “Chen, you should buy him new shoes. They aren’t that expensive, right?” I asked while cutting some carrots.

 

    “Uhm, they cost around a thousand,” Sehun said, peeking out from the living room. “Hey! What are you doing in there? Come in here and help, will you?” Soyeon yells.

 

    “You aren’t the boss of me!” He said back in a snotty voice. “I own this house and so does Soyeon, now come in here!” I yell, and he finally gives in.

 

    Baekhyun came down from upstairs, (thankfully) clothed. I set out a pan and poured in some oil. I poured in the chopped carrots and stir fried them. I let them sit and started on the other ingrediants.

 

    I grabbed the onions that were sitting on the counter and started peeling them. After that, I got the knife and began chopping.

 

    “Are you sure you’re not going to cry while cutting them, Yoobie?” Soyeon asked and snorted.

 

    “I’m wearing glasses, so no these onions won’t make me cry,” I stuck out my tongue and started stir frying the onions as well.

 

“Haha, shrooms.” Baekhyun pointed at the mushrooms that I let soak in some water. I grabbed them(Yoobie has four arms apparently) and chopped them up as well. I prepared the last few ingredients, and made my favorite dish, 잡채 (japchae).

 

“Ooh, you know what we should make? 호떡! (hotteok)” Luhan said. “Oh yeah! I remember those, they’re so good!” I smiled and got the ingredients out.

 

“Hey, remember that Kimchi we burried in the ground last winter?” Soyeon suddenly asks. “Oh! We need to dig that up!” I quickly ran outside with Chanyeol and Soyeon.

 

I found the spot where it was buried and hastily got out the materials, digging up the surface. We eventually reached the jar lid and we all heaved it out.

 

 

“Woah! This jar is heavy!” Chanyeol says and sets it on the ground. “Guys, prepare for the smell,” I open the lid and we were all hit with the salty, sour stench of kimchi.

 

“Oh man, that is strong,” Soyeon punched her nose. “Let’s bring it inside.” We crouched down again and lifted it up, bringing the jar inside.

 

“Alright guys, lets make some kimchi jigae!” Soyeon said. Everyone was gathered around the kimchi pot. I decided to make the hotteok first, since Luhan wanted some.

 

As we were all busy with the food, when Luhan’s phone rang, “Hey guys, I think its my friends calling.”

 

Luhan went to the living room to talk on the phone, and came back a few minutes later.

 

“Hey guys, my friends are here, so I need to go and pick them up. Yoobie, can I borrow your car to pick up the guys?”    

 

“Sure, why don’t you take Xiumin along too. Ya’ll better not wreck my car,” I said.

 

“Alright, let’s go Xiumin.” Luhan grabbed the keys and the boys headed for the garage.

 

 


 

 

    A while later, the food making process had completed. Everyone started to clean the messes. I set out all the dishes onto the big dining table as well as some drinks. I glanced over at the clock; it’s been 3 hours since we started.

 

    I sighed and pulled out a chair, sitting myself down. I layed my head down on the table. I blew a raspberry, staring at the cuisine. I hope it’s good enough for the guests...

 

“I’m so hor- i mean hungry.” Baekhyun spoke up.

 

“What did you say?” Soyeon said with a smirk. “I bet Yoobie would want to hear that again,” She laughed.

 

I looked up, “What?” “Aigoo, you’re so deaf.” Soyeon teased.

 

 

“Yah, Yoobie, let’s go change.” Soyeon dragged me out of my chair and upstairs.

 

I grabbed some clothes from my closet and walked into my bathroom.

 

While i was changing, I heard a loud yell and a thump. I forgot to put a shirt on and hurriedly opened the door to see Sehun lying flat on the floor, his face red and jaw hanging open.

“YOU ! WHAT THE F***! CAN’T YOU KNOCK?? I WAS F****** CHANGING!” Soyeon yelled and started kicking him in the crotch.

 

We heard the door open, this time Baekhyun came in. “What’s all this yelling about-” Baekhyun stopped mid sentence, his mouth hanging agape. “YAH! WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!” I yelled.

 

Rushing back into the bathroom, I shut the door tight. Outside, I could hear Soyeon screaming at Baekhyun and Sehun.

 

“YOU S! OH MY GOD. GET OUT!” I heard a few pows, which was probably from Soyeon beating the crap out of Baekhyun, and then two pairs of feet scrambling out of the bedroom.

 

I hastily changed the rest of my clothes, putting on a flowy pink tank top with a pair of ripped denim shorts. I added some accessories and went into my room where Soyeon was. She was dressed in a white shirt, some shorts, and a plaid button up. Soyeon was also wearing her favorite snapback and black converse.

    “Isn’t it super hot outside? Why are you wearing that button up?” I asked.

 

    “Bish. I. Don’t. Give. A. F***. I just want to look fabulous for Luhan’s friends.” She answered with a flip of her luscious hair(lol no). We both walked downstairs.