CHAPTER 4

marriage 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4

 

The married life 2.0

 

“Just two bites?” Youngbae laughing really hard after hearing what Jiyong told him about the chocolate incident.

Jiyong rest his head on his working desk. “Hmm.”

“Hahahaha… I can imagine your face at that time. Ah I should be there!”

“I spent a lot to buy any kind of chocolates, you know.” Jiyong sighed.

“Well, that’s what they called sacrifice.”

“She knows nothing about pregnancy, Bae, she didn’t even know that was a baby crave! She cried when she couldn’t find chocolate in our fridge, for God sake. So blunt.” He rolled his eyes.

“She’s inexperience in this situation Ji, remember its her first time and I bet she doesn’t have anyone to talk to.”

“Well, she could ask my mom or her mom.”

“They’re not close, right?”

Jiyong rubbed his chin, “yeah, you’re right. But thats not an excuse to be ignorant when she carried a child in her tummy. My child.”

“Worried about the baby, Ji? How sweet…” he teased Jiyong.

Jiyong glared to him.

“Just support her, if she don’t know anything about pregnancy then you should be more reliable and active.” Youngbae said.

He took a deep breath, what Young bae said was all make sense.

Suddenly Jiyong get up from his chair. “I have to go.” He said.

“You said you’re not busy today, that’s why I’m here.”

“I need to go buy—“ he stopped. “Something.”

“What? Can I go with you?”

“Don’t be clingy, don’t you have any schedule? You’re seems too ‘free’ recently.” Jiyong asked him.

He shook his head, “I rarely have schedule and my comeback is still next year.”

“Go ask your agency to find variety show for you, or else people might forget you.” Jiyong walked toward the door.

“I have 2 millions followers in my SNS.” He said.

Jiyong waved his hand while walking outside.

 

__________

 

“I’m home.” Jiyong looking around the house, he saw Chaerin’s car outside, she must be home. “Chae?”

Chaerin didn’t answer but then he heard laughter from the backyard. He walked there and found his wife and Dara.

“Hi, Dara-ssi.” He said.

“You’re home??” Chaerin looked surprise, “So unusual…”

“What unusual?” he said.

She pointed at the wall clock, it was 5 pm. “Usually you won’t be home before 8.” She said.

Jiyong put a paper bag infront of Chaerin.

“What’s this?” she asked while looking inside the bag, she pull out several books. “’Pregnancy dictionary’? ‘How to be a mom for dummies’?” she read the books tittle.

“Read it, so you’re not too blunt about your pregnancy.”

“Wow, it’s a very considerate of you, Jiyong-ssi.” Dara take a look at the book.

“What’s so hard about being pregnant?” Chaerin asked.

“You think its easy? When you didn’t even know what is baby crave?” Jiyong scoffed.

“You didn’t know?” Dara shocked.

“I knew! I just don’t know that a baby could craving for something not unique like chocolate.” She defended herself.

“Just read it, when it still in your stomach, you have to know what’s the difference between the baby’s heartbeat and the hiccup.”

“IT CAN HICCUP INSIDE MY TUMMY?!” she freaked out.

Jiyong raised his eyebrow.

Chaerin widened her eyes and then she realized that Dara and Jiyong was looking at her as if she’s a dumb girl. “Well, of course I know the baby can hiccup… relaaaax everyone.” she corrected herself.

Jiyong sighed, “Whatever, I’m going to take a bath and lets eat dinner outside. Dara-ssi please come with us.”

“Okay.” Dara nodded.

Jiyong left.

“Seriously, the baby can hiccup here?!” She whispered to Dara while pointed her own bump. “Like how??!”

Dara rolled her eyes.

 

__________

 

Jiyong drove them to an Asian fusion food restaurant, it’s a very nice restaurant in Seoul’s city center, and its very famous among the celebrity.

“I want samgyeopsal!” Chaerin ordered when they already be seated.

“I want a sushi boat.” Dara also ordered.

“Please give us four set of Korean premium beef bbq and one sushi boat.” Jiyong asked the waitress.

“Four?” Chaerin asked. Jiyong just nodded.

“Hi everyone!” suddenly Youngbae came and sat beside Dara. “nice to see you again, Dara-ssi.” He smiled.

Dara fake a smile.

They chat a bit while waiting for the order.

“So how’s the bump, Chae?” Youngbae asked. “I heard you just had a baby crave.”

“Oh come on, must you tell it to anyone?” Chaerin looking at Jiyong who sat beside her.

“Just to him, he’s my friend, what’s the big deal?” he said. “Beside, he must be very sad if he didn’t know your first baby crave, since he’s most likely the father of the baby.” Jiyong cynically answered.

Youngbae laughed, “Don’t be jealous, Ji, I just accompanied her to the doctor, no biggie.”

“That’s a big deal for him.” Chaerin rolled her eyes, “always busy but nagging like grannies when I didn’t ask him to check the baby together.”

“Oh really? who was crying like a baby when she couldn't find chocolate?”

"That's hormones, fool!"

"Sure, blame on hormones..." Jiyong smirked.

"Ya!!"

Dara laughing, “ah too cute, both of you!”

“Just both of them? What about me?” Youngbae asked her.

Dara sighed and didn’t answer.

Their order came and they start cook the meat.

“Wow look at my sushi boat, it’s a lot…” Dara awed when the sushi came, “We can share it.”

Chaerin took her chopstick, “me want the sashimi~”

Jiyong slapped her chopstick with his. “You can’t eat sashimi.” He said.

“Why? I like sashimi.” She took the salmon sashimi.

“Ya! you can’t eat raw food, not good for the baby!”

“Really?” she is looking at Dara and Youngbae. Both of them shrugged.

“I told you to learn about pregnancy for some reason, fool!” Jiyong annoyed. “You can’t eat raw food, don’t eat or drink something with high acid like coffee and some other stuff!” he took a piece of meat from the grill, “Also like this one, you have to make sure that its fully cooked but not burnt, because the burnt part also bad for the baby.”

She listened carefully, “But can I wrapped it with the lettuce?”

“Only if you can make sure that the lettuce is really clean.”

“Ah… so complicated.” She frustrated.

“Go order ramyun if you want it to be simple.” Youngbae said.

“No, we have to make sure that the noodle is fresh, not an instant noodle.” Jiyong added.

“Oh God, just let me starve then!” she put down her chopstick.

“Here,” Jiyong put piece of meat on her plate. “I’m gonna cook the meat for you.”

“Make sure its perfectly cooked, chef-nim.” She ate the meat.

“Hmm.” Jiyong answered.

 

They walked outside the restaurant after Jiyong took care of the bill.

“I’ll order a taxi.” Dar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter