CHAPTER 21

marriage 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 21

 

Parenting life 2.0

 

 

Jiyong rushed back to his house right after landing on Incheon. He was away for two nights for business meeting. Now he rushed back not only because he missed Na-Ri so bad but also because Ahjumma called him and she thinks something is not right because Chaerin was crying since last night.

Why wouldn’t she call me? what happened?

Jiyong called Chaerin before he departed but Chaerin didn’t pick up and she also replied his message only with short sentences.

He runs to the house and walk directly to his room.

“Chae?” he called her.

Chaerin was there with Na-Ri.

“What happened?”

She shook her head.

“Why you didn’t pick up my calls?” he asked.

“I don’t have time to look at my phone! I’m the one who told Ahjumma to call you.”

“What happened??” he asked again.

“I don’t know what happened to Na-Ri, she refuse to drink since yesterday, and she also lost weight.” She explained and then started crying again. “Look at her, she even became smaller then when she was just born, and this doesn’t make sense.”

Na-Ri is only one and half week old, she’s still very tiny.

Jiyong peek at her, “she looks ya bit yellow.”

“Yellow??? You mean she’s pale?”

“No, Chae, she’s yellow.”

“What’s that supposed to mean??” she freaked out.

“Calm down, babe…” she took Na-Ri from her crying mother.

Jiyong called Ahjumma and asked her to prepare Na-Ri and to pack her needs and then he call doctor Park. He went back to the room right after calling the doctor, he went near his wife and hug her tightly. 

“Change your clothes, let’s go to the hospital.” He said.

she nodded.

 

On their way to the hospital Jiyong brought Ahjumma and his driver. Jiyong realized this is probably why a house need a pair of parent. Chaerin is not a typical person who will be panicking on anything, but when it comes to Na-Ri he could see she would easily freak out, maybe because she treasure her more than anything. And when she got panicked, there’s no better option than to have Jiyong beside her to calm her down and to think about the solutions rationally.

He turned to looking at Chaerin who sat beside him holding Na-Ri, her eyes swollen from crying and her lips sore from her own bitings. She always do that if nervous.

He reach her hand, “stop worrying, babe, she’ll be fine.”

“You said she’s yellow, now that makes me insecure.”

“I’m sorry… I probably wrong.”

“She was crying all night you know, I don’t know why, so cried with her. I feed her but she refuse and suddenly my stop producing, it stops, Jiyong, just like that!” she explained.

“Ahjumma, is that normal?” Jiyong asked her.

“Uh…” she couldn’t answer because even though she’s already in her 40s she hasn’t married and don’t have any children.

“I’m sorry for asking.’ Jiyong continued.

 

.

 

They arrived in hospital and dr. Pak already waiting with another doctor, she’s specialist in baby and children.

“Dr. Kim will help you,” he said.

She looks at Na-Ri and smiled, “This is Jaundice or Bilirubin, and its very normal for newborn, but let me check on her now…”

Na-Ri went to observation right after. Dr. Kim is a very calming person.

“So,” she said after observing Na-Ri, “your baby is crying because she actually hungry but she’s not feeling good about herself.”

“But I feed her and she refused.”

“Just like adult when we’re sick, we don’t feel like eating anything, right?”

Jiyong and Chaerin nodded.

“She also feel the same.” Dr. Kim continued. “She just need to be in the incubator with UV lights for one or two days and she’ll be fine.”

“She had to stay at the hospital??” Chaerin shocked.

“Unless you have your own incubator and UV lights, ma’am.” Dr. Kim smiled.

“Don’t panick, babe, I’m sure nothing is serious.” Jiyong patted her back.

“Yes, your husband’s right, nothing is serious. We’ll watch her everytime.” Dr. Kim said.

“Oh… okay…” she exhaled. “And one more thing, doc.”

“What is it?”

“this morning, suddenly I stop producing milk.. so I couldn’t nursing Na-Ri…” she said.

Dr. Kim smiling, “Chaerin-ssi, we hope its just temporary, because I’m sure that you were stress when Na-Ri suddenly refuse you… and stress is the strongest trigger that caused your body stop producing milk.”

“Oh.. is that so?”

Dr. Kim nodded. “Please be more relax… I know its hard for the new parent to be relax, but please support each other and relax.” She said, “I know Na-Ri is still very small so it will be very hard to take her for holiday, and I’m sure both of you have a very comfortable house—I saw it on TV, on your reality show—so I think taking days off and relaxing at home is a solution.”

Jiyong wrapped his arm aroung Chaerin’s shoulder. “She’ll be fine.” He said

She nodded.

“I will ask the nurse to prepare room for you and Na-Ri, because you will stay with her.”

“The incubator will be at my room?” Chaerin asks.

“Yes.” She nodded.

.

Jiyong and Chaerin staring at the incubator in their room. he wrapped her in his arm.

"Chae," he said.

"Hmm..?"

"Remember that i'm always here for both of you."

Chaerin turn to Jiyong, put her arms around Jiyong's waist.

"So, whatever happens and whener it is just call me, tell me everything that worries you. i might don't have the best answer for your questions. but i will try my best to comfort you."

Chaerin snugged in his chest.

"You and Na-Ri is the most important thing for me now, i won't let anything bad happen to two of you."

"I know..." she said.

"And this is just the beginning, you know, in the future we might face something bigger than this."

Chaerin suddenly teared up again.

"Promise we one thing, Chae."

"What is it, Ji?"

"Stay with me, forever."

"I will." she cried. "Jiyong..."

"Hmm...?"

"You'd probably gonna sick of this but i will never bored to say that i love you."

"It won't bore me. not even once

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter