CHAPTER 9

marriage 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 9

 

married life 6.0 : baby's kicking

 

The days after they kept the promise to have a little chit chat before sleep and Chaerin always stay at Jiyong’s bedroom.

Today, Jiyong came home a bit late because he had meeting and left Chaerin eating her dinner alone. She doesn’t know why but suddenly it feels so lonely to eat alone.

“The heck, Chaerin! You ate alone before and it was okay! Tsk!” she talked to herself and quickly finished the dinner. She opened her laptop and as usual, she did all her ritual. Stream some French radio and browse about news and random stuff until she found an article about a baby’s growth.

18 weeks pregnant: baby size is same as sweet potato the nails start growing and the gender can be revealed soon. Usually the nausea is lighten so the baby crave is also decrease and the bump is more visible, but don’t worry, for mom-to-be who has a super flat belly before pregnant, the bump might not very visible yet. In this phase, preggies got tired easily so that’s why usually they will be more dependent to their significant other. Note. The baby’s is able to kick and already hear sound, so talk to them more.

She read the article carefully. preggies got tired easily so that’s why usually they be more dependent to their significant other.

“Hmm… maybe this is why I kind of feeling lonely if Ji’s not around.” She shrugged. She looking at her belly, her lower belly is a bit bulging but not like the picture she saw on the internet. She still have her abs muscle.

“Hey, baby, its me, mummy…” she rubbed her bump, “mummy and daddy will find out your gender soon… I don’t mind if you’re a girl or a boy, I know you’ll be fantastic.”

 

Jiyong came home and found Chaerin busy with her laptop at the his room, he’s happy that now Chaerin spent more time at his bedroom and not at hers, but still, the conversation he had with Dr. Park bothered him.

“I can’t even initiate a cuddling how can I ask her to have and with me??” he asked himself at his bathroom mirror and this thoughts often made him nervous.

“Ji…” Chaerin knocked on the door.

he gasped. “y-yes?”

“I need to pee.” She said.

“Okay, just a second.” He pretended to flush and then open the bathroom door. Chaerin stood there with her pajama’s robe.

“Move move moooove..” she shooed him and hurriedly enter the bathroom.

Jiyong sat on his bed, his eyes locked on a desk where he keep his liquor, he had it at his room for the nights where he got too mush pressure at work and need to drink it up a little to make himself relax.

“Maybe I need that to make me relax.” He walked to the desk and pour a glass of scotch and gulped it down.

“Seriously, I can’t imagine when I enter the last trimester maybe I need an adult diaper. I pee like hundred times a day!” Chaerin’s mumbling. “Hey, are you drinking?” she asked when she saw Jiyong sipped another glass of scotch.

“Yeah.”

“Why? Are we celebrating something?”

“I’d drink wine if we’re celebrating anything.” He said.

“Are you okay? Is there anything that bother you?” Chaerin sat on the edge of the bed, facing Jiyong who sat on a chair.

Jiyong couldn’t think of any good excuse so he just shrugged.

“You can tell me anything.”

Jiyong just looking at Chaerin who suddenly look ier than she ever been.  Chaerin is always a beauty for him, but these past days when they spent some quality time together where he was able to see Chaerin from another point of view, he couldn’t push away the fact that he waited to have another conversation with her again, he even think about it at the office. He couldn’t wait to get home and talk to her.

“Do you like scotch, Chae?” he asked.

She nodded.

“But you can’t have it now.” He chuckled.

“Jerk.”

“Hey, baby,” Jiyong talk to the baby, “if you’re old enough to drink, we’ll drink scotch together, okay?”

“How old is that scotch, Ji?”

“This one? Its 35 years old.”

“Lets buy a 20 years old scotch and keep it, and then we’re gonna open the scotch when our baby is old enough to drink.”

“Hahaha… you’re always so quirky, Chae.” Jiyong laughed, “but I think that’s a good idea.”

Both of them smiling, imagining the same thing; sitting at their dining table and celebrating their child’s first day of being an adult with scotch they keep for about 20 years.

“Anyway, you haven’t explain why are you suddenly drinking tonight.” The sharp Chaerin looking at him.

Jiyong didn’t answer.

“If you have a problem, let me comfort you, Ji…” she said.

Comfort me? Jiyong saw an excuse to at least cuddling with her.

“Well,” he said, “there’s something at work that worried me, but you know… it will be alright… I guess.” He pretended to sigh.

“Is it a big thing?”

“Hmm…” he nodded. What else I should say? He thought.

Chaerin look worried and Jiyong finished his scotch in one go. He stood up from the chair and kneel down in front of Chaerin.

“Baby, what should I do?” he talked to Chae’s bump. “Daddy’s a little bit stress from work.” He pouted.

Chaerin’s face suddenly got brighter, “right, right, daddy can tell me anything that bothers you!” she made a cute voice.

“But its hard to talking like this. Baby, tell your mummy to lay down on the bed and go to sleep, I want to have a private conversation with you.”

Chaerin giggling and lied down. Jiyong lied beside her, facing her with one arm supporting his head.

“I wanna tell you about my problems but I don’t want to stress you out, baby, so, lets just have a fun conversation, shall we?” he said.

“I won’t answer because you said I should sleep.” Chaerin said.

Suddenly Jiyong rubbed her tummy. “this little fella might already asleep.”

“Maybe…” Chaerin took a deep breath to control her heart that suddenly pounded a little harder.

“Chae,” he lied his head near Chaerin’s, “thanks.”

“For?”

“For giving me this.” He touch his bump again, “this is the best thing I have so far.”

She awkwardly chuckled and she surprised when suddenly Jiyong snuggled into her neck.

“What are you doing??? Jiyong you’re drunk!” she pulled her head away.

“I’m not!”

“Yes you are! Oh my God, why you always do this to me when you’re drunk?”

“Do what? I just wanna be near you, Chae, can’t i?”

“You only want me when you’re drunk!”

Jiyong sat, “I can’t be drunk with only some sips of scotch.”

“I can’t believe this.” She also sat and move herself away from Jiyong.

“Chaerin, you’re being dramatic.”

“I seriousl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter