CHAPTER 20

marriage 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 20

 

Parenting life 1.0 

 

 

Chaerin cheerfully get into the bathroom when she didn’t realized a wet floor because jiyong just used it. she stepped on a water and slipped.

“AAAAAK!!” she fell with her bottom first. She felt something was stream down between her legs.

And between her fear and pain all she can do is just screaming.

“AHJUMMAA!!!”

“AHJUMMAAAAAA!!!!”

 

..

 

Chaerin get into the car with the help from Ahjumma and the driver. She couldn’t say anything, many bad thoughts came into her head and that makes her more scared.

“Ahjumma… will she be okay?” she asked.

“She will, she will…” Ahjumma tried to calm her down. “Take a deep breath, I will call Jiyong-ssi for you.”

 

Jiyong was in the meeting room the CEO of his partner company when his secretary came in and gave him a note.

Call from housekeeper. Emergency. Chaerin-ssi rushed into the hospital.

Jiyong gasped. He wants to go but he was in the middle of a very important meeting.

“Is everything okay, Jiyong-ssi?” the CEO asked him.

“Well, its actually—uh..”

“Just tell me.”

“My housekeeper called and said that my wife rushed into the hospital.” He said.

“Chaerin-ssi? Isn’t she pregnant now?

“Yes, she is, and its her 36th week now, two weeks before the labor…”

“Two weeks before the labor? Maybe she got a contraction.”

Suddenly Jiyong’s secretary came again.

“I’m sorry, Jiyong-ssi, your maid call again and she said I have to tell you that they went to the hospital because Chaerin-ssi fell in the bathroom and bleeds.”

Jiyong feel his soul flies away, like something very heavy just bump into his chest.

“W-what…?” he couldn’t even find a power to speak.

“Then you should go!” the CEO said. “Go!”

He collected himself and ran to the lobby. He called his driver but then he remembers that his driver went home immediately after dropped him at the office.

“!” he said.

 

__________

 

Dara push the elevator button impatiently, she just got the news from the ahjumma about Chaerin and now she’s in a rush to go to the hospital. Suddenly her phone rang.

“Yes Bae?” she answered.

“Is that true??” he asked her without saying hi first.

“Yes, why would I lied??” she said, she texted Youngbae right after the ahjumma called her, she told Youngbae everything the ahjumma told her.

“Where are you now?” he asked.

“On my way there.”

“I’ll see you there then.”

“Okay.” She said.

“Babe…” he called her. “Drive safe, okay?”

Dara felt her cheek warmer, “Of course…”

 

__________

 

Jiyong scratch his head in frustration because he couldn’t reach Youngbae, but if he has to wait for Youngbae to pick him, it will also be too late. Now he walked back and forth n front of his building’s lobby. Then suddenly a taxi came and dropped a passenger.

He took a deep breath.

Taking a taxi might be the fastest way to get into the hospital but he couldn’t ignore his dread of public transports.

“Damn you, Jiyong! Damn you!” he cursed himself for having such a fright.

But the he remembers Chaerin and his baby.

“What the heck!” he said. “TAXI!!”

 

__________

 

Jiyong met Dara when he arrived at the hospital.

“Jiyong!” Dara called him.

“Where is she??”

“I don’t know, I just arrive.” She said. “you’re taking a cab?” Dara couldn’t believe her eyes.

He nodded quickly and go looking for a nurse to ask where’s his wife and left Dara in awe.

“Wow, that must be the power of love.” She said.

 

A nurse took Jiyong to the delivery section. There he found ahjumma and his driver.

“Is she okay??” he asked, but before they answer, doctor Park came.

“You’re here? Then we’re ready.” He said.

“Doctor, is she okay?” he asked.

“Come on, Jiyong-ssi.” He didn’t answer him but suddenly a nurse gave him a surgery suit and lead him into the surgery room.

In there he found Chaerin lied in a bed and already wear a surgery suit.

“Jiyong…” she said in a low voice.

“Babe…” Jiyong approached her. “You’ll be fine.” He said, even he didn’t understand the situation yet.

“Okay, so, are you ready Jiyong-ssi?” doctor Park asked him.

“Ready for what?” he asked back.

Doctor Park laughing. “For the labor of course.”

“Labor?? Chaerin will delivery the baby now??”

Doctor Park nodded. “She was bleeding and the water also came out, so the baby should go out immediately, and after a brief check up I did, Chaerin is in a good condition to have normal labor, the baby also ready.”

Jiyong couldn’t say anything, its just too fast. He was preparing everything for the labor which scheduled in two weeks.

“Ji…” Chaerin called him.

“yes babe?”

“Come here.” She extend her hand to reach Jiyong.

Jiyong hold her hand.

“Stay here with me.”

“I will, I will…” he said.

“Doctor, its ready.” A nurse informed him.

“Alright.” Doctor Park smiled. “Lets do it.”

While Doctor Park helped Chaerin with the delivery, a nurse helped Chaerin about her breathing.

“Just one more push, Chaerin-ssi.” Doctor Park said. “Come on… one… two… three!”

Jiyong never saw her this messy before, but he couldn’t help himself adoring her so much. For his baby, Chaerin is between life and death right now and that makes Jiyong’s heart flutters.

He tightens his hands that hold Chaerin’s hand. His heart never stops praying for her when suddenly he heard the most beautiful sound he ever heard in his life.

His daughter’s first crying sound.

Jiyong froze for a moment, seeing his baby girl crying and moving in Doctor Park’s hands make his heart experience a new kind of feeling. The feeling is indescribable. The happiness is incomparable. The tears start falling down from the corner of his eyes.

“I’m a father now.” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter