Chapter 6 - Courage

The red apple that should have stayed green

She came inside the building, changed shoes, and walked the stairs. She wasn't running to the class, she wanted to disappear somewhere or become a little mouse. 1st floor, no one out, 2nd floor, the dunce of the 2-C was out of course, then she reached 3rd floor. She stopped in front of the corridor. HE was there. HE was standing here looking at her. She just froze and all the feels came back, she wanted to cry again, so she just turned her back and start running down stairs. But Lee Jinki grabbed her arm on 2nd floor. She automatically looked at the boy in the corridor. He was looking at her and raised his eyebrows saying "I see what you're doing here". She turned back fast to the Teacher and signal him the dude punished outside of classroom. 

"-I'll release your arm but you promise me to not run away - he murmured

-Ah ... okay. But fast please, he could understand wrong."

He loosened her elbow and told her to follow him. She had promised and so she followed without a word. He opened and empty music classroom and told her to sit on a chair. He sat on the chair in front her. She couldn't face him and was looking down at her hands. She was trembling too, her legs where out of control and felt like she was nailed to her chair.

"Look at me. Little girl look at me.

-...

-Kim please ..."

He called her by her name ? HE said her name ? Her heart skipped a beat and her chair felt like it broke under so much feels. She moved her head a bit but couldn't look at his eyes, so she stopped to his nose. HIS cute button nose, round and small. 

"-Hum okay, I'll accept this. Can I start ? - he asked 

-Ye.. yes. - she said with a little voice. It was her first word since she cried, even at the coffee shop she didn't talk and was hurting a bit. 

-Where the hell where you ? Why did you left the infirmary without a word ?  I was going crazy inside the school ?! - He almost yelled to her

-I ... I ... - she couldn't justify herself she was so shocked by his reaction.

-I looked inside all the room of the school ! I was so worried for you ! How can you do that ? I thought you were a nice girl ? - he said with a softer voice

- I ... Just needed some time alone to think ... I ...

-And the empty nurse room wasn't enough ? I don't see why little girl ...

-I wanted fresh air, I wanted to think at something different from school. I ... - she looked at his eyes and stopped talking. "

His eyes were not angry, not father kind of worried, he was really scared that she had disappeared without telling anyone. Why was he so scared ? Why was he caring that must about her ? It was painful for her to see HIM like this and couldn't justify anymore. 

He sighed, patted her head and said that screaming wasn't a solution, and that he was sorry. She said sorry too and they left the empty room. The dunce was back in his class and the corridor was safe again. He accompanied her back to class. She took a deep breath and knocked at the door, a "enter" went from the inside of the class. Lee Jinki said a "Fighting" to her, smiled and left.  She opened the door, and an heavy silence took place. She looked at her classmates  who was whispering thing to their friends. She reached her sit fast and looked at her desk. She didn't wanted to look at the class nor the window. 

She felt a "knock knock" on her back and shyly turned her head behind. Someone was heading a folded paper to her. She took it trembling. What was this paper ? Was it a bad note against her ? A note laughing at her ? She didn't wanted to open it. She was so scared. She turned the paper and "open please" was write on it with Hanna hand writing. It was Hanna ... She was even more anxious about it. Her friend saw her weak side how would she react to this ? 

When she was little she was a cry baby, and each time she shows her tears to a friend he went away. One time her best friend of this time told her that she was disgusting by crying like this, that her smile was even more ugly and that she didn't wanted a friend like this. She understood later that the boy her friend loved had reject her saying he was loving Kim. She was jealous and hurt Kim deeply with her harsh words. The next day all the class was hating Kim, thinking she stole the boy from the friend and bullied her each day until the end of the year. When her mom discovered it she changed Kim of school. That day she decided to hide, and block her true self inside. It hurts too much to be reject and hate by people she likes. She made up a character, that she called Kim 2, and start acting a false Kim. She became only the shadow of herself, but she wasn't hurt anymore. Well she thought she wouldn't be. How can HE brakes her walls like this ? Who was HE to wake up her hiding self ? Before braking she even thought that Kim was dead and that Kim 2 took her place. 

This note was fold in a rectangular form, the paper was from Hanna's book and the pen she use was Kim favorite : the one smelling banana's. She was trembling, and she suddenly remembered she was in Korean class. This one subject where the Teacher was hating her, if the teacher sees her with the note she will take it away and Kim would never know what's inside. She hided it, then, in her book and waited till the end of the hours. Only 15 min left. She could wait. She wasn't in a urge anyway. She was so not in a mood to handle the worst. 

Lesson ended and the teacher changed. Math class, a subject she didn't needed big attention. She took the message back, and opened it slowly. Her heart was beating next to her ears. Her face started burning, like when you're mom scolded you. She unfolded it and started reading.