Chapter 10 - Childhood

The red apple that should have stayed green

One week, two weeks passed and still no memories of HIM. But something was bothering her. She was comfortable with him. Was it a sign ? One more thing was strange, why didn't her mom tell her about a teacher ringing at home ? Does it mean her mom know him too ? She had to ask her. 

November 24th

 She needed to solve this. So she went in the living room where her mom was watching TV and asked her. 

"Mom, did someone come home when I wasn't here ? 

-Why ? - she said still looking at the TV.

-No, nothing. Maybe dad would have come back without us knowing before. 

-Ah ? Your dad is coming back tomorrow chups. You miss him that much ? This is cute. - She smiled at her punching her cheeks

-Mom ! I'm not a child anymore ! It hurts - she faked crying

-Ah ! Speaking of return of dad ! Someone is back ! But I won't tell you who. You'll meet him soon I think. - She

-Who who ? Ya mommy tell me !! - Kim acted cutely to make her mom say everything.

-I'm watching my drama ssh."

Kim went to the kitchen for a drink of water with no answer to her question. But she had a clue, it was someone gone and that would make her happy to see again ... Maybe it was ... No it couldn't be. He didn't even say goodbye when he left. But maybe it was he anyway ... 

"MOM !! Where are the pictures of me when I was a child ?" she asked and her mom told her at their usual place. Kim answered with a disappointed thank you. She so went to her parents room inside the big buffet there was all the photos albums.

Each one of the family has their own album, her sister's Hee Min, her mom's, dad's and hers. She needed to took the good period one. She took the one during primary school. The period when they moved here because the last house was too small with 2 children, and when she met this boy. Since he left when she was young she couldn't remember his face or his name but her feels for him and his voice couldn't be forget. 

She opened it and looked for that picture they took together the day they helped their mothers for valentine day. Where was it, she looked all the album but no picture. Where could it be if not here ? She opened all the other but no photo. Seriously where ? Ah ! She knew ! She knew where it was. She ran upstairs in her room. She emptied all the drawer of her desk and her it was, taped on it ! She was so happy ! How could she had forgot that she wanted to see it every time she had hard time ? Maybe because the hard time has been so numerous that she couldn't escape it with a picture. 

Anyway she found it back, she looked at the boy. It was HIM ! Him way younger with a so cute face but it was HIM it was Lee Jinki ! She was suddenly so happy ! She found back her first love ! He came back from afar and he was next to her. But ... oh no ... he had to be her teacher. 

The next day she went to school with the photo in her pocket so she could prove him that she knew who he was. She waited for the end of the day, and went to the teacher room. 

"Yes, what do you want Park Kim ? - asked her Korean teacher

-Can I talk to my English Teacher ? I have something to show him. - answered Kim shyly.

-Yes he's over there.

-Thank you."

She walked between different teacher to reach Lee Jinki desk. He looked at her and Kim froze. He was looking at her like if she was a stranger. Maybe it was to hide their out of school relation but even why ? She just ask him shyly if he could come to the old tree at the end of his day. He shake his head saying yes and sent her away. 

She walked out of the room and went to the old tree. She waited one hour sitting down under that tree, and fall asleep. She was lacking sleep so much. 

A kiss on her cheek, "I'm sorry".

She woke up with a feel of a bad dream but he was there standing next to her, waiting she wokes up. Kim stood up so fast that it made her dizzy and fell in Jinki arms. Surprisingly he didn't fight off. He just help her standing on her feet and start talking.
"What is it little girl ? 
- I ...uh ... I remember. I found back who you are. I found back the picture of our childhood. I remember ! I remember now ! But ... then a question appears. Why ? Why did you leave without a word ? Why you didn't tell me ? Why !? - She asked.
But before she got any answered he kissed her. His hand slowly cuddling her cheek, his other on her waist. It was a hot warm kiss. Like an apologize kiss. She wanted to stop him, they were still in school what if someone sees them, but moreover she wanted her answer. Why did he leave without telling her ? 

When she finally escaped his kiss, HE was looking at her so happily. His eyesmile was so beautiful that she couldn't say a word. He was so handsome, so happy. He was looking straight in her eyes, like if he wanted to picture that moment. Kim could see how Jinki's heart was lighter, could feel his hands on her waist so sweet like a moment of peace in this world. She felt so free in his arms, protect against everything. She really couldn't ask right now. 

Then HE said 2 words. 2 words Kim will never forget. 2 simples but strong words. "Thank you" 
He then left her alone to go back at the teachers room.

"That was intense" thought Kim.
When she arrived home, her dad were here. She stopped there and said a happy welcome back ! When suddenly he asked "Are you going out with your teacher ?"