Chapter 1 -Snow

The red apple that should have stayed green

November 1st.

Thisday was cold and weather teller said that it was going to be dry andwindy. Our little girl took her bag, her mom wished her a good day,and left home.

Onher road to school two of her friends joins the walk. They were complaining about how homework were hard and that the math teacher was awful. She was agreeing, and angry about it too but just to belike her friends. In fact that night she ends them in 30mins finding the exercises easy. She never really tells her point of view scared that people could find her snooty or judging her.

Theyfinally arrived at school, walked in the corridors, rode the stair still the third floor and got to their classroom, 3-C, her last classroom before university. The three girls said good morning andwent to their tables. Our girl and her friends were talking about nail polish. Hanna was our girl model, she always thought that she was elegant, pretty, and cool. Everything she was lacking of. Hanna was saying that she put blue and made bunny on her left hand because she was on a cute mood yesterday. But colored orange and drew tiger on the right because she had to fight against the math problems. They burst out of laugh.

Suddenly one of the I-know-everything-that-happen-in-the-school ran in the class. Out of breathe he said that a new teacher was starting today !All the class went crazy asking him details about it. Our girl stayed at her place. A new teacher ? And ? What is it gonna change ? Will he brings me confidence, no. So she just sat on her chair, looking by the window, waiting for class to begin.

The sky was very cloudy and no sky could be seen. She started to be lost in thought.

"Will it be really dry today ? - She whispers

-No,it's gonna snow. - Someone answer her

-Oh really ? I like snow. - She said while smiling

-Yes,me too. But I prefer smiles."

She finally realized that someone was talking to her. She look next to her a young man was lean toward her looking at her smiling. Oh my god, what did I do ? She thought. She was so embarrassed that her face went all red. The man laughed a bit and walk in the path to the front of the classroom. When he leaved she saw all her classmates looking at her with their mouth opened. She was lost and scared. She wanted to become invisible or even so tiny that they won't see her anymore. Her eyes became wet and her view blur. Her mind was screaming : What to do ? Stop looking at me !

The man coughed a bit and took the attention on the students. She was relieved of the crowd attention.

He start speaking, introducing himself. He was the new teacher, Lee Jinki. An English teacher. He was saying that the old teacher had to leave for personal reasons. But she wasn't stupid, she knew why the old man leaved.

The old teacher was in fact extorting money from rich students to give them higher marks. The head teacher found it and fired him.

She stopped hiding to examine this new teacher. He was tall and sinewy.He had short brown hair. His eyes were small an brown covered by black glasses, his nose little, she even found it cute. He had a stunning smile and she thought that it looked false. He was dressed in a formal but cool way. A teacher on whom all the girl will crush,she looked around the class found that she was right. All the girls were drinking his words.

"Okay, let's start today's lesson - Lee Jinki teacher ends his introduction- take your book to page 38."

The boys opened it wisely while the girls were still drooling on the teacher. Class representative, stood up and claimed that he didn't do the attendance, that it was a fault because some of the student weren't there and all other stuffs he always says to teacher.

"Oh! True you are right.-answer really calmly the new teacher- Let's do it now then.

-Choi Ji Hoon ?

-Present !

-Kim Eun Ri ?

-Present !

He went on until her name. The name she didn't like.

-Park Kim ?

Ew she hated this name, she didn't even wanted to answer.

-Park Kim ? Is she absent ?

-Heeere- She answered without energy"

He looked at her coldly over his glasses, so she smiled a bit and he looked back on his list.

He ended the attendance and came back to the lesson. Looked at the class and ordered again to take the book page 38, but his voice was colder this time. It wakes up the girls and they opened their book. All the class was ready. He took out the CD that comes with the book and played the dialogue.

The class ended and he gave homework. Oh cool English works, my favorite subject she thought ironically. If Math was her best subject she was terrible at English. Not that she didn't tried. One day, she spent her all Sunday in her room trying to learn and to understand this language but nothing worked. English wouldn't stay in her head. So she just gave up on being able to speak English one day.

Morning ended and let place to lunch time. The 3 friends moved the table to be able to face each other while eating. She took off her lunch boxfrom her bag and opened it on the table. Her mom always get up earlyto prepare it. She loves to do cute and funny lunch boxes which always makes Kim's friends jealous of it, and embarrassed her. Shethinks it's too flashy and brings too much attention, but she doesn'twant to tell her mom who puts love in each of them. Today's was acute panda of rice and seaweeds accompanied by a cute pig of ham witrolls of eggs for eyes.

"Wow!! Your lunch box is so cute today !! Waaah I want one like this too.Look, look Eun Bi, aah, I'm so jealous. - Said Hanna envious

-Oh god, Kimmie ! I wish my mom would do my lunch too. -Answered Eun Bi

Her mom never did her lunch for school. So she had to buy something on her way to school. Today she went to the restaurant right in the corner of her home and bought some kimchi, rice and some grilled sardines.

-Yours looks better -Replied Kim- Mine is just home food and my mom is only good at decorating not at cooking, that's why it's always cold food you know.

-But it was made with love, right Han ?"

She sighs and said "Let's eat girls !". The three girls were enjoying their meal and were joking about stupid things. When one of the bothersome, haughty girl, My Young passed next to them :

"All you can do is talking none senses, when there is so many thing to talk about this new teacher. Like he look so handsome, or he speaks English so well, or how old he is. But you are talking about candies? Poor creatures."

She looked at them with such cold and pity eyes and left. A big silence settled until, Hanna broke it by laughing really hard.

"Did she fell for the new teach' ? Ahah poor you My young !

-Don't talk to loud Han, you're gonna get her angry and get in trouble -Spotted Eun Bi

-And? I'm not afraid of miss flashy fashion, Bi ! All she has is angry eyes and nothing in her !

-You right ! She doesn't deserves more attention. - Replied Hanna"

They went back to their meals and their silly jokes.

The lunch break ends and the classed started again. First Math where, as usual, Kim did well, then Korean. The Korean Teacher was an old woman who, Kimmie was sure of it, hated her. She always wanted Kim to read,to answer etc. And so she was always prepare perfectly to avoid problems, like she always did. She was the master of escapes.

The day ends, and freed them from school.The trio separates on the same place they met this morning , on this road along the river. She decided to stop at her favorite crepe shop before going home. She ordered her favorite flavor, strawberries and bananas with cream. Normally she eat it on her way home but today she decided to stay in he shop. So she sat at a table and started to eat her crepe happily. When suddenly someone called her out saying :"Strawberries-Bananas is my favorite flavor too". She almost jumps of her chair, when she saw that it was Lee Jinki teacher.