Chapter 1

PARADISE KISS

 

‘Past the hustle and bustle of everyday life, there is a stairway leading to an underground sanctuary. The air is thick with what smells like Chinese pastries and from behind a door painted hot pink, I could hear the hysterical  warbling of someone singing. The place was like their hideout and they called it ‘The Studio.’

 

 

SooYeon wakes up to hear the bustling of her mother as she rushes herself to work. Her mother yells for her to wake up and get ready otherwise she will be late and then leaves slamming the door shut. SooYeon drags herself out of bed. ‘Great ‘she thinks to herself ‘another day of school, another day of failing miserably.’

She remembers a time when she thought that her mother would leave her for failing a test. She was so scared to be discarded out onto streets just because she couldn’t pass a test to get into the most prestigious primary school. After that day she tried to be top of the class, taking in her mother’s words of always studying, having no time for a social life or time  to even develop as a human being. But no matter how hard she tried she could never be the best. But after that she didn’t have to worry much for she had a younger sister who was gifted and smart. That sister took up most of her mother’s love and time. SooYeon felt as if a heavy weight had been lifted, the burden of having to been born into a family that expects high standards.

As she puts on her uniform, the one thing she has pride in, she realizes that her everyday life is filled with the same things every day, nothing interesting, nothing worth noting. The one thing that made her feel human was her unrequited love for a certain boy named Choi Siwon. He was everything she was not and she loved that about him. Attending one of the most highly academic school was definitely not easy and having to work so hard and study for something you’re not good at was even harder.

Sooyeon came to school dressed neatly and presentable but was soon called in by her year coordinator, Mr.Yoon. She came into his office wondering why she could’ve possibly been sent in. He gestures her to sit across him and seeing that she has been seated he starts to telling her what is going on.

‘You’re grades are terrible. It’s as if you don’t take things seriously. You need to study more. Life isn’t a game and this school is serious about grades.You won't get into Seoul University with those grades’ He said as he used his piercing gaze to try and intimidate her.

‘Great’ SooYeon thought to herself ‘Another thing to add to the list of my failures’ and after receiving a long lecture of taking things seriously and studying more, she was sent off to her first class. Where her daily boring routines would start. Lunch was one of the things she looked forward to. She got to watch Siwon as he played soccer with his friends, he was just amazing at everything. As she was Standing behind a tree she decided to take a picture of him and his beautiful features. Being love struck made her think that everything about that person was perfect. What she didn’t notice is that as she took her arm out the side of the tree  to take a photo, Siwon had looked over to see a pink iphone and an arm being stuck out on the side of a tree. ’How odd’ He thought and came over to the other side of the tree to see exactly who it was.

‘What are you doing?’ He asked seeing that it was SooYeon, a girl whom he admired for always trying hard in class. Thinking it was just her imagination SooYeon peered over the side of the tree to see that he was no longer on the field. Once again he asked ‘SooYeon-ah hey, what are you doing?’ SooYeon turned around flustered not believing her ears. As she turned around she came face to face with the one and only handsome Choi Siwon.

‘Oh my god. Uh hi’ she said as she waved awkwardly but inside she was thinking ‘. What do I do’

‘I didn’t know you were there, what’s up?’ She continued still a little flustered.

‘Nothing much really. I just came by to see what you were doing. So what exactly are you doing?’   He said with an innocent look to his eye.

‘Oh crap, think of something’ SooYeon thought. ‘ahah. I’m just taking new pictures with my phone. It’s such cool and lovely day so why not? ahaha.. ha. .. ha’

‘Oh how cute of her’ Siwon thought to himself. ‘Well since it’s such a cool and lovely day, why don’t you take a picture with me ?’’

‘OMG REALLY? You don’t mind right’ SooYeon exclaimed. She jumped around and stood next to him to take a photo. She smiled as brightly as she could while Siwon did a little V sign and a cute wink. ‘1. . 2. . 3. . CHEESE! Haha thanks Siwon !’

The Bell rang and it was time to head the dreaded maths class. All through class SooYeon couldn’t stop thinking that she had made the biggest accomplishment of her life. To her it was like getting into the best university or maybe even her mother complimenting her and calling her smart. Class flew by and it was great since it was time to go home. As she grabbed her bag from her locker and headed out to the gates, Siwon waved goodbye to her and signalled him to text him that photo. To her this was the best day ever.

While walking in the busy streets of Seoul, SooYeon had stopped at a red light and decided to take out a little book to do quick studying but what she didn’t know was that man was peering over at her from the side. ‘Wow’ He thought. ‘She’s the one I need.’

 

 

 

 

 

WOO FIRST CHAPTER. i'm really bad at structuring my paragraphs, im so very sorry. PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK because i like to know what people think even if it is bad. AND THANKS FOR READING. oh and also please don't have high expectation for this story because i would probably freak out.WOOO KBYE :)