Cypher

My Great Escape
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N : IT’S RAYA! IT’S RAYA! WHOOOOO

HAPPY EID TO MY SUBSCRIBERS WHO CELEBRATE IT AS WELL :DDDDD

It’s 12.30am here, so I thought, hey, it’s raya, why not post chapter 5!

So here you guys go! Hope you like it!

Thank u for reading/subscribing/commenting.<3

 

 

 

For a bunch of people who broke the law for a living, they sure were caught off guard by the fact that I was okay being kidnapped.

 

“I mean. I don’t mean it in a I’m-happy-this-happened kind of amazing, it’s more of a this-has-never-happened-but-I’m-glad-it-did kind of amazing.”

 

“That doesn’t make any sense,” Jungkook spoke up, looking at me like I was out of my mind. “Who would voluntarily get kidnapped by a bunch of strangers?”

 

“Me.”

 

“You actually think I would believe that?”

 

I looked at my feet, annoyed. Nobody was taking me seriously.

 

“I never liked being at home. I’m not trying to be ungrateful or anything, but my parents never let me do anything. I have to do everything they say, no exceptions. All those expensive things they buy, all the special treatment they get… I never get them. They have flown to so many countries I’ve lost count, and I have never been allowed to even leave the town. To ‘keep the prince safe at home’ they would say.” I scrunched up my nose. I couldn’t even listen to myself talk about them without feeling sick. I added, “Don’t get me wrong, I get good food and clothes and all that, but all for the sake of giving off a good image to the public… I don’t know. I didn’t even know this place existed.”

 

I heard Jimin let out a heavy sigh and told the other two to leave the room. They did as they were told and went into their respective rooms, leaving me awkwardly shifting in my seat as Jimin silently stood in front of me.

 

“Aren’t you going to… like, sit down?”

 

“Later.”

 

“Okay.”

 

I cleared my throat. There was this really odd atmosphere surrounding us. I guess I was feeling a bit anxious being stared down by some criminal.

 

“There’s a reason why this happened, you know,” he said simply. “We don’t usually just take people without a good reason.”

 

“What was the reason in my case then?”

 

“Assault.”

 

“That is just--! I’m sorry but, that just doesn’t make sense. He was beating Jungkook senseless. What was I supposed to do? Just stand there and watch? Why should he be able to--”

 

“You were just at the wrong place at the wrong time.”

 

I looked up at him in disbelief. What did that even mean? “So, what, are you going to arrest me?” I hissed, “a bunch of gangsters are going to put me to justice?” I was probably pushing it, but dammit, he was saying that I was in the wrong.

 

Jimin huffed and said in a softer tone, “Okay, I need to tell you some things. Important things. That’ll better… explain your situation.”

 

I leaned back in my seat and crossed my arms. I pouted like a kid who didn’t get his way and frankly speaking, that was exactly what was happening.

 

But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t curious.

 

“Okay, I’ll start it off simple. The three of us, we’re relatively new in this whole… organized crime kinda world. Just a couple years old now. We cover the basics, you know, loan sharking, smuggling, extortion, all that stuff. But that ain’t enough to get you to the top.”

 

Jimin lowered his waistband slightly to show me a huge scar at his lower abdomen. “We stab people, so naturally people would want to stab us back, you know.” I stared at the scar. It didn’t look like it was going to disappear any time soon. Or at all. He cleared his throat. “I guess. What we do, in this business, it’s not something you should ever take lightly, is what I’m saying.”

 

I quickly nodded, as if I understood what he had gone through. He was giving me advice. I didn’t know what for, but I appreciated the gesture.

 

“Also, there’s this whole deal with respect playing a big role in this business. You can lose it as fast as, or maybe even faster, then you gain it. Once that happens you’re basically out of the game for good.” Jimin stayed quiet for a moment before adding, “Do you want to know one of the many ways how we get respect around here?”

 

“Yeah. I mean, sure.”

 

“Ask me, then.”

 

I hesitated. “Um… okay. How do you get respect around here?”

 

He smirked and said, “By taking the princess.”

 

At first I just nodded understandingly but then I realized he was talking about me.

 

 

“H-huh. Is that so…” I said with a forced laughter but Jimin saw right through me and gave me a warm smile as he noted, “I thought you were just obsessed with being kidnapped a minute ago?”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter