Don't Forget

My Great Escape
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You coming down for breakfast?”

 

“No.”

 

“You coming down ever?”

 

“…No.”

 

Hoseok let out an audible sigh and I didn’t mean to sound so childish. It wasn’t him I was mad at, anyway. Just who he worked for. Who all three of them worked for.

 

“I’ll be down in a minute,” I said as he was just about to disappear behind the door. He looked at me in surprise.

 

“Alright then.”

 

I walked into the dining room and Suga was at the table, already dressed in his suit, sipping on his cup of coffee. He saw me approaching him and I had never seen him look so pleasantly surprised. “Look who’s finally out of their little cave,” he commented as I took a seat next to him. I wasn’t really in the mood for anything else other than food, but then he said, “Rebelling doesn’t really suit you,” and I snickered in response. He really was great at reading people. I’d never rebelled against anyone in my life, I wouldn’t know how to get about being hateful even if my life depended on it. Which was why it seemed amusing, I guess, because that was the exact situation I was in.

 

I found out at least that the limit for my little rebellious phase was two weeks. It wasn’t easy, staying in my room all day and only going downstairs for food, which was always prepared for me, with my name on it and everything. Hoseok might not look it, but he was the one who put the most effort into establishing contact with me. I made it a point to thank him every time we ran into each other.

 

I rarely bumped into Namjoon within those two weeks. Avoiding him was one of the reasons, another was because he never seemed to be home. Suga, on the other hand, was always on the prowl somewhere whenever I left the room. How he knew I was going to eat at 3 in the morning was beyond me, but he would be there, at the other end of the hallway jogging after me almost making me scream my lungs out the first time.

 

But now he just smiled at me like none of all those nightmare encounters ever happened, so I concluded that he simply doesn’t sleep.

 

“Here you go,” Hoseok placed a plate of bacon and scrambled eggs on the table.

 

"Thanks."

 

“It’s great that you’ve decided to live with us, Jin,” Suga said as he watched me stuff my mouth with bacon. “It was definitely the right choice.”

 

I side-eyed him and said, “That’s what you tell me whenever you chase after me and I don’t run away in time.”

 

“Yes, I know,” he laughed, “but our conversations always end abruptly I don’t even get a chance to get to the good part.”

 

The good part.

 

Just hearing him say those words exhausted me. I continued eating and refused to make eye contact with him.

 

When he realized I wasn’t going to say anything, he pressed on, “It’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you but the timing wasn’t really that good. You see, I talked to your parents a couple days ago.”

 

I couldn’t help rolling my eyes. I had given up on establishing contact with either of them some time ago, but it’d be rude to dismiss the topic entirely, because, well. Parents.

 

I reluctantly pushed away the plate and faced him, feigning interest. “Oh? And?”

 

“And, Jin, I’ve got some good news. They’re ready to take you back.”

 

I furrowed my brows trying to fully understand. “Take me back?”

 

“Yes. Exactly,” he gave me a smug little smile but it didn’t last long as he saw how I wasn’t hollering in delight at the news. He mumbled, “I honestly was expecting a more… joyous reaction.”

 

 “No,” I responded after a brief pause. There were a lot of things I was willing to think over, but my parents taking me back? They suddenly remembered I existed? Oh no, no no no. I didn’t sneak into my own house and leave fearing for my life just so I could go back home. “No, thank you.”

 

Upon hearing my response, Suga’s brows shot up and I could practically hear the gears in his brain whirring overtime. I actually heard Hoseok choke on his water from the kitchen.

 

“And by that, you mean…?” he looked at me, like really looked at me and I just shrugged. He knew exactly what I meant. He just didn’t want it to be true, that maybe if he talked to me slowly, I would somehow miraculously change my mind.

Please log in to read the full chapter