Get Comfortable

My Great Escape
Please log in to read the full chapter

tiny warning for swearing!(applies to all the chapters after this because boys will be boys lol)

 

 

“Hi. Am I bothering?” I asked, trying my best to not establish eye contact with the golden-haired boy.

“No not at all,” he replied as he leaned against the door frame, crossing his arms over his bare chest. “I just thought you’ve already slept.”

“I was showering.”

“I can tell. You smell like a damn garden.”

I blushed. Just couldn’t help myself when it came to floral-scented shampoos, dammit.

“Sorry.”

“Not a problem.” He moved and motioned for me to enter the room. His bedroom was just as big as the one I got, but it looked a bit more furnished, which was understandable. I probably got the guest room or something.

Namjoon pointed to his closet before plopping down on his bed, “Clothes are in there. Go nuts.”

I looked at him with obvious confusion on my face. “You’re just gonna let me raid your closet? Which clothes am I allowed to borrow?”

His head popped up from the bundle of silk sheets he was covered in. “Just take anything, we’re pretty much the same size anyway.”

I almost wanted to scoff at the leader. But he didn’t look like he was joking. He was just looking at me. Not in a way that would make me question my safety, but more in a way he would look at a friend. Playfully peeking through the white bed sheets. God, how old was he, again?

I suddenly remembered the phone that was in my hand. “Ah… my phone died. I was wondering if I could use your charger.”

“Yeah, of course of course. Bring it over.” I handed him the phone and he reached over to the bedside table to plug it in. “You can leave it here for tonight.” I nod. Okay. Sure.

I quickly looked through his closet—honestly because both of us were half and I didn’t want to keep it that way for too long—and pulled out a slightly worn out black t shirt. It was at least two sizes too big, which was perfect to sleep in so I put it on without much thought.

“Ah,” Namjoon said in pleasant realization, “that was V’s.”

“What?!”

“Whoa whoa calm down!” he waved his arm at me as I was trying and failing to pull the shirt over my head to take it off. It got stuck halfway around my head and I could only let out a groan, knowing I needed help putting it back on.

I heard his soft footsteps approaching me and the next thing I knew his hands were yanking the hem of the shirt down to my sides, freeing my face from the difficult fabric.

He looked at me in a ‘you okay?’ way but I only gave him an unamused pout.

“When he left, he didn’t take his clothes with him, so it’s here with mine,” he explained, chuckling softly.

Okay but why are his clothes still here.

Namjoon seemed to understand the question I was telepathically asking him and said, “Can’t waste good clothes.” He shrugged like that was the best excuse he could come up with and made his way back to the bed. I decided to let it go for now and continued scavenging for some less expensive looking pants to sleep in.

Okay, so I was wearing V’s shirt. He didn’t know, and I shouldn’t even care, but.

I found a pair of black basketball shorts. I waved it in the air slightly, silently asking the important question: Whose are these?

He stifled a laugh but pointed at himself. Okay. Good.

He wasn’t going to come back and get his clothes back. Of course he wasn’t. He had probably bought a brand new much better wardrobe. For whatever reason he left the group, the house, his clothes, he must have had some solid back up for him to just up and… leave.

“By the way, we’re going out tomorrow.”

I adjusted the drawstrings of the shorts before looking at the young man with a raised eyebrow. “Uh. Where?”

“A few malls. To get you new clothes.”

This time I actually did scoff. We were going to go shopping? “Namjoon, I—” Pause. “You need to stop.”

He placed his elbows on the pillow, resting his chin on his hands. It was ironic, how innocent he looked. “Stop what?”

“Being so…!” my hands gesturing wildly, trying to find the word.

“Nice?”

“Oh my god, yes!” I exclaimed, wringing the towel on my neck. “Why are you being so nice? Like— okay first of all I’m a hostage, right? Aren’t you supposed to, I don’t know, keep me locked up somewhere? Derive me from the basic necessities of life? But I just ate a great plate of steak so I’m just really confused right now. Plus,

Please log in to read the full chapter