... And Tell Me The Truth

My Great Escape
Please log in to read the full chapter

I quickly turned around to face him but he didn’t seem to even flinch at the sight of me. His head was turned the other way but kept his eyes on me. We held eye contact for one, two, three seconds and his eyes finally dropped to whatever it was that was so interesting in his plastic bags.

 

“Hi,” I said stupidly.

 

He didn’t even bother replying.

 

“Um, about just now, I didn't mean to make you upset. Did I do something to piss you off?” I then asked.

 

He scrunched up his nose in what I could only pinpoint as... disgust. “Are you making fun of me?”

 

“Wait, what? No, of course not! Why would I be making fun of you?”

 

He peered over my shoulder and I heard Namjoon say, “He honestly doesn’t know what he did wrong,” as confirmation to my cluelessness.

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes and he looked like bailing on me right then and there so I went on, “Is it because I left?” His jaw clenched, his whole body visibly tensing up.  “That’s it, isn’t it? Well, I’m sorry. Okay? I’m sorry I left. What else do you want me to say?”

 

“Alright,” he replied, nodding slightly. “Yeah, okay.”

 

Alright? Yeah, okay?

 

That definitely wasn't it.

 

“And don’t think I left just to mess with you guys, alright? I think about you guys, you know,” I mumbled and to my surprise that was what it took for him to look at me. His mouth was twitching, but he stopped himself. “Are you mad because you thought I didn't miss you? I honestly miss you guys, I swear. I really enjoyed the time we spent together, you guys are so fun to be around—”

 

“S-stop that,” he stuttered out, looking the other way so that I couldn’t see his face. His ears were bright red and I never really understood why someone would get so embarrassed over such statements. It’s what close friends say to each other all the time and it’s surely not something to be embarrassed over, unless it was being said by lovers, which would make…

 

More sense.

 

No. Was that it?

 

“Jungkook, look at me.”

 

“No,” the pout in his voice was evident.

 

I slowly placed a hand on his arm and when he didn’t react, I decided it was now or never, and yanked him closer which made him lose his balance and stumble into me. I got a clear view of his face, his eyes were wide open, the flush of pink still decorating his cheeks and he was desperately try

Please log in to read the full chapter