Feelings? What are those?

My Great Escape
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: thanks for stickin w me, heres an update ^^

Im tryna narrow down the otps so comments on ur top 2 would rlly help!!

Much love to my subs, yall r lovely c:

Have a 2K word vomit from urs truly

<3

 

“So basically, you’re a debt collector.”

 

“Yeah yeah, basically,” Jimin answered as he adjusted the beanie on his head. The weather wasn’t getting any better and the cold was chilling  me through the bone which wasn’t really that surprising since it had been raining for 3 whole days. I was hunched over myself slightly trying to retain as much heat as possible and shuffled over to Jimin who didn’t seem fazed by the weather at all.

 

He had offered to show me around the town and later have some lunch, to which I gladly accepted. The meals at the apartment were nice but I was starting to get bored of my own cooking. We decided to move around by foot which would grant me access to better bearings of the place, as Jimin had claimed. I walked around my hometown all the time and it really helped me in a sense that I didn’t have to depend on mother to take me places. Besides, scouting around town was considered my go-to activity anyway, so why not.

 

I was expecting a lot of people since we were at the heart of the town, but it seemed the cold had taken its toll on a lot of people, and were smart enough to stay indoors. There weren’t that many people in the shops either. Most were fairly empty, occupied by some of customers idly strolling around the aisles.

 

Along the way, Jimin had been telling me stories about his involvement in the whole organized crime business and how he contributed to the enterprise. One thing that amused me was the manner in which he conveyed those wacky stories. Eyes lighting up as he described the way he took apart some poor guy’s door lock and ransacked the whole area of the small apartment. Talking about punching people in the face and giving concussions in a way a person would talk about pulling a prank on their friend. The excited glint in his eyes whenever he got to the good part, gesturing wildly with his hands, the whole nine yards. 

 

He was passionately babbling away about some guy who owed him money and how he was going to beat the crap out of him before I managed to lift my hand up to his face to shut him up. 

 

“I don’t think you have to get into so much detail with all of this.”

 

Jimin stopped in his tracks and looked at me, all offended. “Of course I do! How would you react if some debt collector came looking for you? What would you do? These are life lessons, princess,” he said as he wagged his finger knowingly.

 

We sat down on a nearby bench and Jimin started naming a few restaurants we could have lunch at that weren’t too far from the area.

 

“I prefer the steakhouse next to the café, but if you want some more variety there’s always that place opposite the grocery store, which is cool, cause they have kimchi, although there is that small restaurant that has the best buttered lobster,” Jimin went on, and I could only look on as he mentally listed down the pros and cons of each place.

 

“A place that has hot chocolate, please,” I interrupted him. He furrowed his brows and was in deep thought for a while before slowly nodding his head.

 

“I know just the place.”

 

***

 

I was pleasantly surprised at Jimin’s choice of restaurant, which highlighted its luxurious touch with a chandelier hanging above us, as well as an array of spoons and forks on the table, each specific for a certain dish. But all of that was unnecessary, though, I thought as I eyed the boy in front of me who was busy studying the menu. When I mentioned the hot chocolate, I meant the one sold at the shop next to the grocery store, not some god-tier chocolate drink. 

 

But hunger and thirst were no strangers to me especially at that time, so I went an ordered it anyway, along with a huge slab of beef tenderloin.

 

When our food arrived, I dug in like the monster that I was. A couple moments passed and I heard Jimin clear his throat. “Uh, hey.”

 

I glanced up at him as I continued chewing on the piece of meat. “Wffaht?”

 

“Enjoying yourself?” he asked with a smile. I nodded like a happy little child and continued chomping away. 

 

He pursed his lips. “Alright. Here’s another question for ya.” He rested his elbows on the table and leaned in, pushing aside his already empty plate. His eyes didn’t have that playful look in them anymore as he asked in a hushed voice, 

 

“Do you like Jungkook?”

 

I widened my eyes at the totally random question and wanted to scoff, but I ended up choking on the mouthful of steak and carrots. “Well, I mean… he’s a nice kid,” I responded carefully, wasn’t really sure where he was going with the question.

 

“No, I mean, do you… like him?”

 

Oh. Oh. 

 

The boy was silently searching my face, auburn locks falling over his own. Instead of giving him a straight answer, I countered by asking him, “I kind of want to know why you’re so interested?”

 

“Am not!” he argued like a small child. “It’s just that, you’re under surveillance, alright?  You need to learn all these things, know how to read situations, be aware of your surroundings and all that. That’s why you’re being trained. It’s important that you focus and I don’t want you getting distracted by… things.”

 

I squinted at him. “You think I’m getting distracted by Jungkook?”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter