We are Home

My Great Escape
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: THNKS FOR SUBSCRIBING!!!

i was gonna update 3 days ago but i was a bit CHAINED UP if ya catch my drift eh?? ehh?? i am so sorry

have a nice day/night guys <3

 

We left in the early morning, much to my dismay but V insisted that it’d be better for me to move as early as possible. “Even the birds are still sleeping,” I had whined to him as we got on his motorbike. The thought of being able to sleep in my own bed was great and all, however I had the worst headache and I couldn’t stop sneezing. 

 

“You’re going back to your house so I expect a little bit more enthusiasm coming from your end.”

 

“I would be more excited if I had enough sleep,” I said bitterly, trying to put the blame on him just to make myself feel better.

 

V tried his best to stay below the speed limit and avoided any holes in the road because he knew too well that I was weak enough to just slip off the bike and really hurt myself.

 

V made it a point to park his bike a couple houses away as to not attract any unwanted attention. He got off the vehicle and quickly turned around to offer his hand. I grabbed his wrist and slowly wobbled down. 

 

V kept giving me worried glances. Granted, maybe he felt bad for dragging my unhealthy self out in the open before the sun could even rise completely, but he kept quiet, not daring to hurt his ego in any way.

 

The bungalow I had lived in for almost 24 years of my life looked unfamiliar somehow. It was as though I was visiting a stranger’s house. A stranger’s house that had all my things in it. It never did feel like home.

 

There weren’t any signs of reporters or cameramen littering about anywhere, which was good. There was, however, a foreign black car parked in front. We walked past the unlocked gates and I had no idea why I felt so anxious. It wasn’t like I was breaking into anyone’s house or anything and yet I still made sure to not make too much noise approaching the doorstep. 

 

Just as I was reaching for the doorbell, the front door swung open, revealing Namjoon in a grey sweater and matching sweatpants. He jumped back a little in shock when he realized there was someone on the other side, eyes widening when he saw that it was me.

 

“Holy hell, you gave me a fright there, turning up all of a sudden! ” he laughed as he pulled me in for a hug. “How’ve you been?”

 

Huh, so this was a surprise visit. “I’m fine, just came to—” I sneezed before I could finish my sentence. He pulled back from the embrace to get a better look at my face. I could only imagine what I looked like in his eyes, the slight trembling from the cold and my runny nose and the dark circles under my eyes likely made me resemble a raccoon at best.

 

He narrowed his eyes and asked, “You sick?”

 

“Yeah, but it’s just a cold so it’s no big deal,” I lied. It just didn’t feel right making him worried.

 

“Whatever it is, you need to get inside quickly. It’s freezing outside,” he said as he rushed me inside like some worried mother. “Have you taken any medicine?”

 

“Um, no. It started acting up just a couple hours ago when I woke up,” I answered distractedly, craning my neck to see V awkwardly closing the door and following behind us.

 

“Look what the cat dragged in this early in the morning!” Hoseok said in a sing-song voice as we reached the kitchen where he was chopping up some carrots. Seeing him making breakfast in his briefs was nothing new, but seeing him making breakfast in his briefs in my house brought it to a whole other level of strange.

 

I gave him a hug anyway since I did miss him and his cooking. Namjoon was opening and closing cabinets at an impressive speed before he took a step back and heaved a sigh, putting his hands on his hips. “Does this house not have any medicine? Have you never been sick before?”

 

I shrugged. “We just go to the clinic when we’re sick. We don’t really keep medicine.”

 

“Not even cough syrup?”

 

“We did, but I guess we ran out,” I mumbled, glancing at everyone’s faces and realizing that that was probably not how all households worked.

 

“Why don’t I go look for some at the store?” V finally spoke up. He was leaning against the kitchen doorway and I noticed how he was keeping his distance from the other. He knew very well that his former leader would lash out if he got too close and he was still giving me that concerned look. He pretended to take interest in the clock on the wall and said, “Yeah, the store will open any moment now. I’ll be going, then.” He gave a half-smile to no one in particular before turning on his heels and making his way to the front door.

 

Namjoon made sure V was outside of the house before walking up to me with crossed arms. “Listen, Jin… you can tell me if something’s wrong,” he muttered, looking at me with slightly suspicious eyes. “Did V do a

Please log in to read the full chapter