Memories

...When I Was Young And In Love

We had been home for all of four hours and already, I wanted to be gone again.
   I rubbed my temples, trying to ignore how loud everyone was out in the living room as I laid on my bed with my laptop. I couldn’t ignore the fact that I wasn’t alone in the room. Every so often, I’d glance over at the boy sleeping in Maknae’s bed. Why is he shirtless again? I wrinkled my nose, shaking my head in complete disapproval.
   Taec burst through the door and ran over to the sleeping boy. “Changie! Wake up!” He shook the bed Changmin jumped up, startled.
   “What?!” the oldest yelled, wiping his mouth the back of his hand.
   “We’re gonna play a drinking game,” Taec smirked, looking over at me. “You’re playing too!”
   I raised an eyebrow.
   Drinking game . . . Me . . . Yeah, RIGHT! I snorted and went back to my laptop.
   Taec came over and pressed the power button next to the screen. “You never do anything fun anymore, it’s like you’re dead inside or something.” He growled at me.
   I’m sure he had no idea how hard it was for me to keep myself from kicking him in the gut with everything I had. “What the hell is wrong with you?!” I yelled, trying to ignore his comment about me being ‘dead inside’. “Get the hell out of my room!”
   “You’re playing with us.” He narrowed his eyes at me.
   “The hell I am!” I closed my laptop and rolled over.
   Something gripped me and I was suddenly being pulled out of the bed.
   I punched the nearest piece of skin I could see, wincing when my fist came in contact with what felt like solid rock. God, DAMMIT how DARE he be so ing muscular?! “Ok Taecyeon, let me go!” I growled at Taec as he pulled me out into the living room.
   “Junsu’s playing with us tonight!” Taec announced to the whole dorm and I blinked at the circle of smiling faces.
   “Really?!” Junho squeaked excitedly. “Hyung you haven’t drank with us in so long, come sit by meeee~” He patted his spot.
   I eyed him and then the boy next to him. There was no way in hell I would willingly sit next to Jo Kwon. I looked around the circle of people, spotting an empty space next to Maknae and rushing over to sit down, he grinned at me like a creep.
   Nichkhun and Jinwoon refused to play, saying that the game would most likely end up being a bit too ‘homoual’ for their liking, which left eight players; Taecyeon, Wooyoung, Seulong, Changmin, Junho, Jo Kwon, myself and Chansung.
   Taec sat down in the middle of the circle and pulled out a deck of cardsfrom his pocket. “The name of the game is ‘King’,” he stared. “Everyone knows the rules, right?”  (in case you don’t know this game, here are the rules: http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/101489)
   Everyone nodded and I sighed, propping my chin in my hand out of boredom. This was the game that was like truth or dare . . . without the truth. Taec pulled out the proper amount of cards and shuffled them, dealing each one of us a card.
   Seulong fist-pumped and held up the ‘king’ card, happy that he got first turn at ordering people around. “I order . . . number three to wear nothing but their boxers for the rest of the game!” He smirked.
   Wooyoung stood up and yelled. “Yah! You can’t say something like that!” Obviously, he had the number three card. “That’s totally not fair.”
   “You can take a shot . . . if you’re too chicken.” Seulong smirked.
   Taec and Chansung both laughed when Wooyoung pouted.
   “Youngie,” Junho mumbled Wooyoung’s nickname. “Save the shot for something you really don’t want to do.” Everyone nodded, knowing that Wooyoung had the lowest tolerance for alcohol in the group.
   In defeat, Wooyoung sighed and pulled his outer layer of clothes off, gaining a chorus of whistles from the circle. The pouty Wooyoung sat back down and another round started.
   After an hour and a half of playing, Taecyeon and Junho were drunk enough that they ‘retired’ for the evening to ‘sleep’. Seulong was watching TV with Nichkhun. Wooyoung had passed out (still wearing only his boxers) shortly after his second shot. And Jo Kwon had pulled the ‘king’ card for this round.
   I glanced at my card, the ace of clubs.
   Jo Kwon eyed the remaining players dramatically and then finally said. “Number two . . .” He smiled and I sighed, happy that I didn’t have to do another stupid task like draw a on Junho’s face again . . . though that was pretty funny. “Give number one a kiss on the lips.” Kwon finished and everyone stared at him with wide eyes.
   I choked, throwing my card to the floor. “This is bull!” I whined. “Y-You can’t make someone kiss me without my permission . . .” I blinked and then suddenly looked back and forth Changmin and Chansung, wondering which one of them was ‘number two’.
   “That’s up to them, hyung.” Jo Kwon’s lips twisted into a smile and I glared at him. “Come on, which one of you is number two?” He asked the two other players.
   Chansung sat a few feet in front of me, staring with wide eyes. Oh god. I thought, turning my gaze to Changmin, who was next to Jo Kwon, propped up on his elbow with a stone face.
   “Hurry up, it’s getting boring~” Jo Kwon grabbed both of their cards and turned them over.
   Chansung broke his stare from me and looked at his card that was now sitting face up on the floor in front of him. It was the three of diamonds.
   I looked over at Changmin as he sat up and smirked at me. “Well then,” He said.
   No. No . . .
   I closed my eyes, hoping that this was all just a dream, looking back at the boy in front of me as he inched his way closer. . I wanted to lean away . . . but something stopped me.
   Before I knew it, my lips were met with his.
   I could clearly feel the alcohol getting to me. My heart was pounding and suddenly, everything was blisteringly hot. Yeah, it was definitely the alcohol because his lips were . . . soft.
   Not only were they soft, but they were warm. Gentle.
   They reminded me of . . .
   My eyes flew open and I pushed Changmin away, scrambling off the floor and running to my room, leaving everyone in the room staring wide eyed at me. I locked the door behind me once I got to my room and forced myself to remain standing.
   My hand ran through my hair as I quickly covered my mouth with my other hand so no one could hear my sobs through the door. I hadn’t thought about Jung Ji-Hoon in so long – I couldn’t remember the last time – and yet here, suddenly I think of him when someone else is kisses me. I snorted. You’re over it, act like it! I sighed to myself, sitting on the floor and curling up into a ball.
   Why did I even play that stupid game?
   I was going to kick Taec as hard as I could for making me play. I frowned, wiping at my eyes, trying to wipe away the memories that would surely be flooding my mind for the rest of the night . . . but noting could erase my regrets, my self-loathing that had festered in my very core for now almost four years.
   God, had it really been four years?
   I was a completely different person now and that time of my life seemed like so long ago, when I was young and in love and everything in the world was beautiful; when all my problems would become obsolete simply by hearing the sound of his voice.
    I closed my eyes, forcing myself to not think those things. It was dangerous for me to think those things. Those thoughts were poison, and the only antidote was no longer mine.
   He wasn’t mine.
   I had come to grips with that fact a long time ago, or at least I thought I had.
 

To be continued . . .

 

Yet Another note from the authour: Hello~ I'm sorry I haven't been updating this for a while. I've been really REALLY busy with work lately. Also, in case you didn't notice, I've started working on another chaptered fic (kekeke it's KhunHo~). It's a parody of the Disney movie "Beauty and the Beast" where Junho plays the 'beauty' part and Nichkhun plays the 'beast' part and of COURSE the rest of 2PM have vital roles....I hope you guys take to that fic as well as you have this one. I plan on eventually writing a fic for every member of 2pm~
Anyway, thank you all for being so patient and please comment. I'm currently working on another chapter to this fic as well as my other one. <3333