chapter 2

It all began with sugar

 

While he was washing his only mug his phone started ringing. „What now?“ he was really not in the mood for his mother lectures because who else could possibly call him?

„heh ... like always I was right! Hello, mum“ he picked up and tried to be as happy as possible.

 „Hey Dae, I am coming to visit you tomorrow you know, to make sure everything is good before your big day.“

„Mum, I don’t need it I am totally fine besides you can’t waste money you don’t have.“ He started to feel anxious because jeeez... his mother was a crazy cleaning lady who needed everything to be in order. Her being in this tiny apartment meant hours of cleaning and cleaning and cleaning.

„Don’t worry I have worked very hard this week.“

„Mum i...“

„Now don’t say anything I know you can’t sleep alone at nights so I am staying for one night. Do you need anything?“

Yes... I need you not to come... „No mum, I don’t need anything but...“

„You sure? I can bring your brother with me“

„NO“ He almost yelled but stopped because he had walked to the balcony already and there were people outside and he did not want any attention.

„No...sorry I want you to come alone.“

„So you do want me to come“ Daehyun heard how she was giggling in the other side of the phone.

„Whatever just come alone, please“

„Sure thing honey. See you tomorrow“

„Bye“

He sighted hard while putting his phone down. This is not how he had imagined his life in Tallinn. He hoped to find some good friends easily and being able to decorate his flat into cosy coffee house style room but that ain’t gonna happen. He is too poor and too shy.

 

 


 

 

Daehyun woke up to the sounds of some guys yelling outside. „Damn“ he pulled his blanket over his head but that did not stop the voices from outside. He tossed the blanket out of the bed and wobbled to the window. By the time he got there the guys were gone and the street was quiet once again but it was too late for Daehyun, there is no way he could sleep now. It was only seven in the morning and it is Saturday. 

A good way to start almost the last free day before university he thought while sitting on the sofa looking something useful to watch from tv. It was now official, nothing went as he had planned. He was still too sleepy to make something to eat but not sleepy enough to sleep so he just took a moment and looked around his new flat. „It is only you and I for the next four years my lovely flat.“ He smiled and tossed himself around the sofa for a while and stopped suddenly his feet in the air and head touching his favourite carpet seeing the guitar his cousin gave him last year. He jumped up and took his guitar. He really wanted to learn how to play it but it wasn’t cheap. He started thinking about his goals when he felt a few drops of tears falling down his cheek. He quickly wiped them away and put the guitar back to corner smiling to himself and reminding that he has time, he stood up and went to the kitchen to make some tea.

 

It was only ten in the morning when he heard a knock on the door. What? Why is she here so early already?  He went to open the door not caring how he looked, he was wearing black shorts with a baggy white T-shirt with some kind of foreign text on it and don’t talk about his hair.

 „Hey, mom what are you...“ before he finished the sentence he looked up at the person at the door ... it was not his mother for sure.

„Eem..hel..hello“ The voice said. Daehyun felt how his cheeks turned warmer. This could not be any more embarrassing he thought. I just called this man my mom while looking like crap.

„Yes, hello“ he cleared his throat while looking to the wall beside the man.

„I am so sorry, did I wake you up?“

„N..no I am up since seven already“ wait..what? Why did I say it? Damn, I am so stupid. Daehyun tried to smile to the older man in front of him being as nice as possible.

„Ok then...“ he stared at Daehyun who was slowly getting more uncomfortable.

„well I... no, my son just moved in here and since it is our first morning in here we don’t have any sugar... sooo I was wondering if you could lend me any? I mean if you have any since you were the only one who opened the door.“

Wait it is the guy from yesterday I couldn’t help? Talk about luck.

 „Yes of course ... wait here“ he went to the kitchen to give the man some sugar but while he was pouring it to the bag he remembered something. .. he didn’t ask how much.

„Excuse me, but how much sugar do you need?“ Daehyun asked with slight pink creeping up his cheeks.

„Just for pancakes, please, my son loves them.“ Daehyun nodded and went back to the kitchen more confused as before. For pancakes, seriously how much sugar do you need for them?

„Here you go“ He handed the sugar to the man hopefully enough for their pancakes with a big ... no more like huge creepy smile what made the guy smirk.

„ I can’t thank you enough Mr..?“ 

„Err... Dae...Hyun, I’m Daehyun and no it is okay I’m happy I could help“

„Well thank you again Daehyun and I hope you’ll be good friends with my son over there in the future,“ he made a weird circle over somewhere across the hallway with his finger and walked away bowing slightly.  Shutting the door Daehyun jumped happily on the bed still smiling like a creep and thanking the heavens for letting him help somebody. He even forgot how he looked there for a second.

 


 

 Thank you so much for  my subscribers..i thought nobody would read it but well Thank you so much and i looooove to read your comments :)