Chapter 7

It all began with sugar

 

 

It was now eight in the evening and Daehyun’s first school day not so bad actually. Youngjae even told him that he will come by in the evening. He made a new friend and he remembered all of the classrooms he needs to go plus bathroom because that school was seriously huge.

Suddenly, Daehyun heard a knock on the door and he jumped happily to the door.

„Hey Youngjae, “ Daehyun said with a huge smile.

„Hello, well ... someone's day is going well, I see.“ Youngjae said and stepped inside.

„It is better than I imagined“ He smiled and went to the kitchen to make some tea.

„You want some tea, coffee?“  Daehyun yelled from the kitchen to Youngjae who was sitting on the sofa.

„Do you have green tea?“

„Sure, it is my favourite, I always have some“

„Mine too, Youngjae smiled to the TV.  It isn’t so bad. He started to watch some criminal show. He is pretty safe to be around.

„Here you go,“ Daehyun gave Youngjae a cup of green tea from his pink mug and sat besides Youngjae.

I  feel so weird around him.

„So, what are you watching usually at this time?“ Youngjae asked.

„Nothing really ... just trying to play the guitar or just listening to some music, eating maybe?“

„You have a guitar?“

„Yep... there, see?“ Daehyun pointed to the corner of his tiny room.

„Can I?“

„Sure.“ Youngjae jumped up from the sofa and picked up the guitar starting to play some notes.

„You can play?“ Daehyun asked, not believing his ears.

„I learned at school, yes.“ He was smiling prettily to Daehyun and started to play a ballade Daehyun didn’t recognise.

„You are really good, “ Daehyun said sadly.

„Why such a sad face then?“ Youngjae asked.

„I want to know how to play it too.“ Daehyun said with a pout.

Damn, he is too cute to be true.  Youngjae thought while trying not to hug the life out of this guy sitting with him.

„Maybe I can teach ya?“ Youngjae suggested with a poker face.

Yes, yes, yes I can’t believe I can start learning guitar for free from this cutie here too. All the lives I have saved are doing something good for me, finally.

„But, aren’t you too busy for that?“ Daehyun asked carefully. Still feeling overwhelmed by this thought.

„Not for my new friend here“ He ruffled Daehyung’s hair but took his hand away fast when he saw Daehyun’s blushing face. He seated himself closer to Daehyun who was now smiling with a blush on his cheeks looking at his green tea.

Daehyun felt how Youngjae arm was touching his arm and this made his heart beat faster. Please, don’t come any closer. I think I might die of it.

„Dae! Are you okay with it?“ Youngjae looked at Daehyun face. His skin looked so soft and beautiful with this evening sun. His cute sweater was making him much younger than he really was and this small blush was there just to tease Youngjae.

„Ok with what?“ Daehyun asked just in case because right now he was not thinking straight. It was the first time someone made him feel butterflies in this tummy, but he liked it.

„Me, teaching you guitar, I mean I have never taught someone before.“

„Ouuu ... that.“ Daehyun smiled, „Yes, of course, I am so happy. But what if I can’t play it at all?“ Daehyung’s smile turned into a worried face.

„Don’t worry. I am gonna teach you until you can make it.“ Youngjae smiled and patted Daehyung’s back.

„Thank you, that really means a lot.“

„I know, Dae. Can I call you like that?“

„Only if I can call you Yae.“

„Deal“ And he shook hands with Daehyun.

 

 


 

 

It has been a few weeks since Daehyun started his studies in a new town.

 

„What are you thinking?“ Youngjae asked Daehyun who was watching out of the Cafe’s window.

„Dae? Your drink is getting gold.“ Youngjae waved his hand in front of Daehyun’s face while trying not to spill his drink over.

„It is ice Caffee Latte, Yae, it can’t get colder as it is right now.“

„Really? What are you thinking about?“ Youngjae asked while sipping his Caramel Macchiato.

„Just, you know my life as it is now.“ Daehyun answered still looking outside where it was raining softly.

„Yeah.. things are different now aren’t they?“

„Mmmh ...“ Daehyun answered now looking at his drink.

„I never thought I could even get into this university, but well here I am now with you.“ Daehyun smiled a little.

„I take this as a compliment.“ Youngjae laughed.

„Yae?“ Daehyun asked while looking outside, his eyes were darker than usual and his face seemed to be deep in some kind of thought.

„What kind of person are you?“

„That’s a weird question.“ Youngjae scratched his neck, „ I am really friendly, but I can screw you up if you demand it.“

„No ... I mean... what kind of person are you really?“ Daehyun asked not looking away from the sky.

„I think you are going to learn that yourself, “ Youngjae said with a smile. Even Daehyun looked away from the sky, only to meet with Yae’s eyes.

„I look forward to it.“ Daehyun said looking back to the sky.

Me too, Dae. I want to know you better than anyone else.

 

„Is this your favourite drink?“ Daehyun asked

„Caramel Macchiato“, Youngjae looked at his drink. „That is the one, yes. Same to you, Caffee Latte?“

„Actually it doesn’t matter Cappuccino is pretty good too.“

„Dae? Is your evening free?“

„I am a lonely guy from university, what do you think?“ Daehyun asked.

„So you want to go out with me today?“

„Sure, why not.“ Daehyun shrugged his shoulders while taking the last sip of his coffee.

I thought of going out with me, on a date or so. But that’s good too.

„Want to catch a movie?“ Daehyun suggested.

„Sure“

 

 

„What do you want to watch? Youngjae asked while looking at the movies.

„What about some scary one?“ Daehyun asked happily.

 

 

They were sitting in the middle of the cinema because there were so few people there. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that it was Monday afternoon.

„Holy ... this is so scary“ Daehyun jumped suddenly and whispered go away to the murderer all the time.

„Dae, calm down or please don’t eat that much you’ll choke on your food if you get scared so easily.“ Youngjae patted Dae’s back because he just choked a little bit after being startled to death.

„But this food is too good“ Daehyun complained. „See? He shook the bag of candies in front of Youngjae’s face.

„I got it, but I won’t do the CPR on you if you need one.“ Youngjae pouted sweetly.

„Why not? I taste like candy,“ Daehyun wiggled his eyebrows not seeing how red Youngjae face was already.

„Shut up.“ Youngjae said and watched the screen.

What? He is dead already and I missed it? Youngjae thought but soon looked over to Daehyung who was hiding behind the candy bag. He offered Daehyun his hand.

„If you are scared“ Youngjae added. But that didn’t need an answer because Daehyung grabbed Yae’s hand and hold it so tight like he was giving birth. He is seriously cute.

 

After the movies, Daehyun was still holding Youngjae’s hand because he was scared someone would kill them on their way home.

„Thank god we live in the same house, or I would sleep at your place today,“ Daehyun said while looking around weirdly.

„That's not a bad idea.“ Youngjae nodded.“ Do you want to stay at my place today?

„But we live in the same building.“

„Come on ... it would be fun.“ 

„Only if you make me some breakfast.“ Daehyun said after a short silence.

„If that’s your wish, but I have to say I can’t cook.“

„What are you talking about? Your pancakes were delicious.“ Daehyun said proudly with thumbs up.

„These are the only things I can cook.“

„Cook me, please ... anything my only wish is that my breakfast should be eatable.“ Daehyun laughed.

„Well, I can do that“

 

Their rest of the walk home was quiet but they both enjoyed it. Suddenly Daehyun saw how Youngjae shivered and he became sad. He wanted to help him somehow but he didn’t have a jacket with him, he was cold himself too. But he had a brilliant idea.

„Youngjae?“ Daehyun asked, „Are you cold?“

„Yeah,“ Youngjae smiled shyly, „a little bit, it was sunny before but now it seems, that it starts to rain soon.“

„Me too.“ Daehyun smiled and moved a little bit closer to Youngjae, but he was not brave enough to put his hand around his friend. And his heart was beating like crazy but he liked that, he liked to get so close to Youngjae that his heart becomes to race and butterflies started to fly in his belly. But one thing he didn’t like, that he did not know how to explain this feeling.

Suddenly Daehyun felt how the wind blew directly onto his face, tearing tears out of his eyes.

„Youngjae I am seriously cold“ Daehyun whined.

„Come here“ Youngjae lifted his hand up.

„Here? Where here?“ Daehyun looked puzzled.

„Seriously?“ Youngjae asked, but pulled Daehyun next to his side putting his hand over his waist to keep both of them warm.

That made Daehyun heart race even more and he was scared that Youngjae would even hear it. But Daehyun felt something ... it was not his heart. Youngjae heart is beating so fast, Daehyun thought. Is he ... maybe he is feeling like me when we are together? How the hell am I supposed to ask him that?

„What you thinking there, Dae?“

„No ... nothing much.“ Good time to mutter, Daehyun.

„Good, because we are home already“

„Already?“ Daehyun felt surprised.“It felt like two minutes“ He pouted.

„Well, that happens when you are with me,“ Youngjae smiled and put his finger on Daehyun’s pout. “Don’t do that, please.“

„Do what?“ Daehyun asked, „Like this?“ And he pouted once more.

„Yes like this“ Youngjae felt like a cage of butterflies were released in his belly.

„Why not? I am pretty used to do it anyway.“

„Next time I will just kiss it away, got it?“ Youngjae said with a blush.

„Ki...kiss?“ Daehyun felt how his cheeks turned warmer by the second.

„You look cute when you blush“ Youngjae smiled.

„I do not blush, “ Daehyun said with a tough face.

„Yeah, sure. And I am Obama.“ Youngjae laughed.

„Whatever“ Daehyun pouted once more and opened the door when Youngjae put his hand in front of his way.

„Youngjae, I know this is your flat, but would you let me in, please?“

Youngjae just shook his head with a serious face. “You pouted.“

„Wha...t ooouuu. We..l...l you are too late now, don’t you think. You said you’ll kiss the pout away not after.“ Daehyun said with a proud face, saying how good he did to himself after Youngjae removed his hand.

„You have so awesome flat.“ Daehyun said while jumping to his sofa.

„Thanks to my father.“

„How is he anyway?“  Daehyun asked.

„He hasn’t called me actually.“ When he finished the sentence his phone started to ring and it was his father.

„Guess who?“ Youngjae laughed while picking up the phone.

„Hey, dad“

„How're doing?“

„I am good.“ Youngjae smiled and looked at Daehyun who was looking at some magazines.

„Soooo ... You talk with Daehyun?“

„Dad, don’t go there“

„I already am there, now spill it.“

„Well, he is here right now, “ Youngjae said proudly.

„Good, my son ... Good I am proud of you.“

„Yeah, sure.“

„Have you guys already ... you know held hands or something, kissed maybe?“ Youngjae heard how his father giggled.

„I am working on it, but he does blush pretty often already.“ Now it was Youngjae’s time to laugh but checking that Daehyun didn’t hear him.

„Well, then I am gonna call you next week then when it is serious.“

„Dad, what? Seriously?“

„Bye, Jae. Be good to my son's boyfriend“ And he hung up.

Jeesz... next week already? That ain’t gonna happen.  He looked out of his bedroom and smiling softly when he saw how Daehyun was reading Cosmopolitan. (Don’t ask me my Yae has that, it was his father's work).

„Find anything useful?“ Youngjae asked while walking closer to Dae.

Daehyun closed the magazine as soon as he heard Youngjae voice and placed it on the table.

„No ... nothing really.“

„Ok, anyway ... want to play Xbox?

„Hell yeah.“ Daehyun shouted happily.

 

They were sitting on the sofa and playing the game it was only until Youngjae lost, when they looked outside and saw that it was already dark outside.

Daehyun yawned and stretched himself while looking around the room. „So, where does the winner sleep?“

„You can sleep in my bed, I could just crash on the sofa here.“ Youngjae said while standing up.

„No.. I don’t want to be a bother, I’ll sleep on the sofa.“

„You are my guest, Dae“ Youngjae said with a soft face.

„But your bed is big enough for both of us, isn’t it?“ Daehyun asked

„Yeah, but isn’t it too weird for you?“ Youngjae was worried.

„No, not at all.“ Daehyun smiled and went straight to bed.

„You don’t want any sleeping clothes?“ Youngjae asked.

„If you have some.“

Youngjae opened his drawer and took out two black t-shirts and some pink short, soft trousers.

„Here you go,“ Youngjae tossed the clothes to Dae. Who was eyeing the pink shorts.

„Don’t ask. The bathroom is there.“

„Thanks.“ Daehyun went to the bathroom, washed his face and chained his clothes. When he was washing his face he remembered the article from the magazine.  Love for everyone. How to understand if you are into guys.  What if I like Youngjae? Am I weird? Ou gawd maybe I should see a doctor. He was looking deeply into his eyes but smiled when remembered how he felt when he holds Yae’s hand in the movies. Maybe I can get over it soon. He looked at his reflection for the last time and went to the bedroom.

Youngjae was already in the bed looking at his phone. He looks cute, that way Daehyun thought and went straight to the opposite side of the bed. Is it weird if I want to go closer to him?

„Dae? You already here,“ Youngjae smiled and moved closer to Daehyun.

„Yep.“ Daehyun smiled and shifted himself more comfortable in Yae’s bed. It smells like Yae. Daehyun breathed in so much Youngjae’s smell as possible and closed his eyes.

„This is so comfy, “ Daehyun said with his eyes still closed. „Good night, YaeYae.“ And he fell asleep.

Youngjae was looking at sleeping Daehyun next to him. He is sleeping in my bed and he is wearing my clothes.  He touched Daehyun’s cheeks carefully sliding his finger to his forehead and down to his lips. He heard how Daehyun murmured something but stopped when he removed his finger. He slid his finger once again from his forehead to his lips and

„YaeYae, “ Daehyun said. Youngjae smiled victoriously when he heard that and planted a small kiss on his forehead before going to sleep himself.

 

 

 

It was now morning when Daehyun opened his eyes slowly. He was feeling so warm and happy. He shifted his head up when he saw the reason of feeling warm. He was basically spooning Jae. He didn’t feel like moving, so he just observed sleeping, Jae. His face was glooming and there was a slight smile on his lips. He is having a good dream. When He felt how Youngjae started to move a little more he removed his hands and leg around Jae and went to the bathroom. This is the best morning ever. Daehyun smiled and went to the kitchen remembering his breakfast.

 

When Youngjae woke up he went straight to his kitchen only to see Daehyun who was sitting there and drank water.

„Morning“ Youngjae said with a huge smile. „How did you sleep?“

„Really good actually. But you promised me something, remember?“ Daehyun asked.

„Pancakes. .. of course.“ Youngjae walked past Daehyun and he was wearing a huge black t-shirt. I really hope he is wearing boxers. Wait? He was sleeping like that? I ... I was sleeping with a half- man?  He felt how the temperature raised in his body and he finished his glass of water with one gulp when Youngjae reached up to take some flour revealing his boxers.

Daehyun gulped too fast and started coughing.

„You alright?“ Youngjae asked with a worried face.

Daehyun just raised a thumb while still coughing.

„I already told you, I can’t do CPR, so you better eat well, Dae.“

„I'll try.“ Daehyun answered with a husky voice, that left Youngjae shivered.  Jesus... I need to put some pants on before things get really uncomfortable.

 

„Hey, Yae?  Can we eat while watching the tv?“ Daehyun asked while looking away from Youngjae.

„Sure thing.“ Youngjae said while flipping the last pancake. Before he joined Daehyun he went to put on some loose grey pants.

 

„Here you go, Daehyun.“

„What are we watching?“ Youngjae asked.

„This tv-show is hilarious.“ Daehyun laughed while trying the pancakes. „These are so good.“ He said a mouth full of food.

„Don’t choke here, Dae.“

„sleelax, I caan eaatõ.“ Youngjae could barely understand what Dae was saying.

„Whatever you think.“ Youngjae smiled.

 

 


 

 

Hey! A new chapter is here whoopwhoop :)

Hope you like it.

Please do not mind my weird English. I am trying my best, alright? :D