Chapter 9

It all began with sugar

 

 

The next days and weeks were like they have always been. School, guitar classes with his crush and hanging around with Kai and his boyfriend. But something wasn’t right.

When Daehyun understood that he loves Youngjae he started to pay attention to some things he didn’t realise before.

 

When their hands brushed, Youngjae would always apologise and step a little further from Daehyun.

When Youngjae is teaching Daehyun to play the guitar he would catch Youngjae staring at him.

Youngjae started visiting him more often than before. And all that Daehyun loved. He loved when Youngjae was worried about him. Last week when Daehyun didn’t feel good, it was Youngjae who took care of him. He made tea and put a scarf around his neck and told Dae to relax, listen to some sweet music but in the end, he even sang to Daehyun while playing with the guitar.

 After Daehyun told Youngjae his favourite drink, he has been buying Daehyun Cappuccino or Caffe Latte at least once a week. Some mornings when Daehyun doesn’t feel like making himself breakfast he goes to Youngjae place and asks him to make breakfast to him. They started to be more together, and even people from school noticed that.

 

*  *  *  *  * 

 

„Hey.“ Kyungsoo shouted to Daehyun at the hallway.

„Hello, Do, “ Daehyun said.

„How is it going?“

„The usual.“

„You still haven’t told him how you feel?“ Kyungsoo said while shaking his head.

„No...“ Daehyun sighted.

„Dude, you have to make a move.“

„I don’t want to destroy our friendship.“

„Let me tell you something“ Kyungsoo seated themselves on the chair away from the students.

„When I found out I like Kai I felt like ... trash ...my father did not find it good. I cried, and I started to stay away from Kai, but you know? ... That only made things worse. .. Kai was my only happiness in my days. Every day when I saw him I felt happy but I felt like I was lying to him. He trusted me and I trusted him.“ Kyungsoo smiled to himself and continued. “It was Christmas when I told him my feelings. I was so scared I thought I was going to die out there, before telling him how I feel.

But when I saw him smiling at me I knew it is going to be okay.“ Kyungsoo looked at Daehyun who listened carefully.

„You two have been together for a quite a long time already, do you think he will leave you because of something like that?“ Kyungsoo asked.

„I think you are right.“ Daehyun smiled. „He told me to be with me forever.“

„See?“ Kyungsoo smiled. “Believe me, he loves you even more.“

„But how did you confess him?“ Daehyun asked

Kyungsoo stood up. „That, my friend you have to ask from Kai yourself. See you.“

Daehyun laughed a little.  I am pretty lucky to have these friends around.

 

 

 

Next morning  Daehyun called Kai to ask him out for a coffee. Because he hadn’t slept at all. He was thinking about Kyungsoo’s confession.

 

„Hey Kai.“ Daehyun waved at him in the coffee shop.

„Hey!“ Kai seated himself in front of Daehyun.

„I bought you hot chocolate, I didn’t know what you like.“

„Thank you, Dae. You shouldn’t have. But you have something on your mind?“

Daehyun breathed in shakily before talking.

„I talked to your big love.“

„Basically a small love. He is pretty short you know,“ Kai laughed.

„Don’t tell it in front of him.“ Daehyun laughed too.

„ I already have, it was not a good idea.“ Kai stopped laughing and tried his chocolate.

„Damn, it is seriously good“

„I know right.“ Daehyun said with a thumbs up.“Anyways . . . I am going to tell Youngjae about my crush.“

„Finally.“ Kai yelled and started to clap, people around them looked at them with a weird face.

„If you react like this I may as well go away right now.“ Daehyun said with a serious face.

„But it is something biiiig, boy. I can’t believe it. D.O did this?“

„Yes, he did.“

„That is why I love him.“ Kai said with a proud face.

„He told me how he confessed to you, but he did not tell me the whole story.“

„Really? What didn’t he tell you?“

„Like the most important thing..“ Daehyun pouted. „He only told me that it was at Christmas and when he saw you he knew it was all good, but he did not tell me how he actually told you.“ Daehyun took a sip from his Coffee and sighted.

„So, you need me for ...?“

„Tell me the whole story please.“

Kai started laughing. „Why do you want to know that? It is not something to be proud of actually.“

„Kyungsoo seemed so happy when he told me that ...I want that too.“

„You want to be happy when you tell him you love him.“ Kai asked with a smirk.

„Yes, now please tell me.“

„Fine, I tell you.“ He opened his mouth but closed it soon after. „Wait ... do I tell you just after I saw him?“

„Whatever just tell me.“ Daehyun started to feel anxious already.

„Fine, fine.“

„Well ... it was indeed Christmas and when I saw him see seemed really uncomfortable. It was really cold outside and to be honest I knew what he wanted to tell me.“

„How did you know it“ Daehyun asked.

„Do you really think I didn’t know he liked me?“ Kai asked. „We had been together forever, I knew him very well already. But I was scared too ...“ Kai stared at the cup in front of him for a while.

„What?“ Daehyun said ... „ I did not buy you Chocolate because of that.“

„I liked him too ... I was scared to tell him that. And that evening I knew he was going to tell me that he loves me. I wanted to be the one to tell him. So when I saw him I hugged him and gave him a present.“ Kai smiled. „It was a  simple silver ring. One for me and one for him. When I gave him that he looked really lost. Well ... I didn’t say anything.

„You were quiet all the time?“ Daehyun shouted.

„Yes.. and I know it was stupid but I was really scared. I thought ... I don’t know what I thought. But anyways when he looked at me I just kissed him.“

„Without a word?“ Daehyun asked.

„You didn’t need words for that. It is something everyone understands, sometimes you just don’t need words.“

Daehyun nodded.

„Anyways he kissed me back and I felt like I was in heaven, when I looked at him I felt like I have found my other half.“

„This is soooo beautiful.“ Daehyun pretended to wipe a tear.

„YA, don’t mark me now, you were the one who asked me to tell you.“

„I know, thank you for that, for telling me.“

„How are you going to tell him?“

„I don’t know.“ Daehyun looked at his cup.

„Maybe today?“ Kai said with a smirk.

„Today? I haven't even seen him to. . da. . yyyyy.“ Daehyun lost his words when he saw where Kai was pointing. It was Youngjae who was ordering something.

„Heyyy. Youngjae.“ Kai jelled and ignored the red-faced Daehyun waving to stop him.

„Kai?“ Youngjae smiled and thanked the lady for his coffee. „Nice to see you here.“

„Same to you.“ Kai smiled weirdly. „Dae, what are you doing? He asked when he saw how Dae was hiding behind the curtain.

„Dae Dae?“ Youngjae asked with a huge smile.

„I didn’t even see you there.“ Youngjae laughed.

„Y.. . ea..h.,“ Daehyun smiled. „Hey.“

„Can I join you guys?“

„Suure thing.“ Kai said while showing Youngjae to sit next to Daehyun.

„We were just talking about you.“ Kai said.

„No ...  nonononooo. We were talking about Kai and Kyungsoo.“ Daehyun said while looking at Kai.

„What about them?“ Youngjae seemed to be curious.

„How I confessed to him actually.“ Kai said softly while looking at Youngjae’s expression cause people eyes are the window to their soul. And right now Youngjae soul was scared like someone had to find out his little secret. But it was only Kai who noticed it because Daehyun was too busy with his cup.

„Really?“ Youngjae laughed nervously. „Why about that?“

Kai smiled friendly and shrugged .“ Just felt like it.“

Youngjae nodded and looked at Daehyun at the corner of his eyes. That hat really suits him.

Kai noticed that and complimented Daehyun.

„That is a nice hat you got there.“

Youngjae looked like he just have seen a ghost. When he looked at Kai, he just winked at him. Kai seemed to understand him.

„Really?“ Daehyun aksed. „ My mom just bought it from me, I don’t think red suits me actually.“

„Nonsense,“ Youngjae said, „It looks good on you.“

„Thanks.“

„Daehyun, what’s the time already?“

„Two a clock.“

„Well, I must run now. I told you everything you wanted to know right?“ Daehyun nodded. „Thank you for the drink and remember what I told you, right?“

„Right. Bye, Kai.“

„It was nice to see you Youngjae.“ Kai said smiling and left them alone.

„He is ... smart ...“ Youngjae said while looking at the door.

„I know right.“

„What are you doing here anyway?“ Daehyun asked.

„Just wanted to think alone, but well here I am.“

„Ouu ... well I can leave when you want to be alone.“

„Don’t be silly, I love you, you can stay.“

Daehyun felt how his heart started to beat faster.  He loves me ... It isn’t the first time he tells me that, it is not a big deal, calm yourself down, Daehyun.

„You alright?“ Youngjae asks.

„Yeah, I am fantastic.“ Dahyun smiles.

„Good, you wanna do something?“

„Like what?“

„I don’t know, I haven't thought about it.“

„Let’s just walk home?“ Daehyun said. „I am pretty tired.“

„Anything you want, Dae“

 


 

Bonjour everybody. I am back in town :) 

I am sorry for not writing for so long but I was visiting my granny and she doesn't have internet there. /Bows aggressively/ 

 

 (Can you imagine? I got into university ... but it is like 300 miles away from my home :( )

 

Enjoy!