Chapter 11

It all began with sugar

 

 

 

 

Youngjae’s  POV

 

When he reached his flat. He felt how he started crying.  Why am I scared to be around him now?  „Why did I hear that conversation????“ Youngjae yelled throwing his pillow to the other side of his room. „ing coward.“

He laid down on his bed, hands around his knees and started crying. 

„Tomorrow ... tomorrow I will apologise. I am a brave guy ...“

 

 

Daehyun’s POV

 

When Youngjae closed his flat door, he couldn’t help but be mad at himself. Good job Daehyun, you scared him away. He thinks you are weird now.

He took his fluffy bunny from the corner of his sofa and hugged him. „I don’t wanna lose him, bunny, what should I do?“

He looked at his bunny.

 „You are right...I should apologise and promise him I won’t do something like that anymore. You are the best.“

 

 *  *  *  *  * 

 

The next day when Daehyun and Youngjae had a class together none of them was brave enough to go and talk. They were just sitting and stealing glances at each other.  Was he crying?  Youngjae looked at Daehyun and his eyes were a little bit puffy.  What did I do? I made my favourite person cry ... but how should I go and talk to him?

 

 When class was over Youngjae tried to talk to Daehyun but he was already gone from the class. He didn't see him the whole day.

 

 

 *  *  *  *  *

 

Why isn’t he coming in?  Daehyun thought while peeking outside from the door’s window (You know the little peeking thing some doors have? Yeah that one xD)

  He had heard someone footsteps outside the door ten minutes ago so he decided to look what is up, you know just in case, they could be thieves or murderers but it came out it was Youngjae.

Should I just open the door and ask him to come in? No – then I seem more like a stalker. Wait . . .  It is my door. . . so he is the stalker here. How long have we been standing here anyway?  He looked at his crush, who seemed to be scared and confused. It made Daehyun heart sink. I shouldn’t have done that to him. They were both standing there, not knowing what to do. The only white wooden door was standing between two people but none of them had the guts to open it.

When Daehyun looked again at Youngjae he understood he had left. His mind went blanc. No, no, no nooo don’t go away. You can’t leave me now. In the rush, he opened the door and called his name not knowing Youngjae was still in the hallway.

 

 

 

In the evening, when it was time for their another guitar class, Youngjae didn't know if he should go. Daehyun, on the other hand, was wishing him to come and act as nothing has happened.

It is now or never, Youngjae thought before walking out from his flat. When he reached Daehyun’s flat his hands were shaking and his palms were sweaty. He stood there for ten minutes trying to go inside but never found courage. No, hell no I can’t do this.  He turned around and walked back at his door, leaving Daehyun behind.

„YOUNGJAE?“ He heard how Daehyun was calling him. He turned around and saw how Daehyun was standing at his door with half-melted chocolate on his hand. He walked closer to Youngjae eyes looking sad. When he was in front of him they both were just standing there, Youngjae couldn’t look at Dae, he was just staring at the ground.

„I am sorry.“ Daehyun said.

„What?“ Youngjae looked at him.  Why is he sorry?

„I am sorry I scared you, I just ...“ He was looking away,“ I don’t know why I did that, I won't do it again if that is what you want.“

Youngjae was still looking at him with mouth little opened, he started crying.

„Hey, don’t cry.“ Daehyun started to pat his shoulders but pulled his hands away, remembering what he has just promised.

That made Youngjae cry even more.  That is not what I wanted ... Youngjae cried.

He looked at Daehyun and hugged him without even realising that. He held onto him so hard that Daehyun couldn’t breathe.

„That is not what I want.“ Youngjae finally said.

„I AM SORRY I RAN AWAY“ He yelled, still hugging Daehyun. „You can hold my hand if you want, I just...I was scared.“

Daehyun started to smile again.

He doesn’t hate me.

He wrapped his arms around Youngjae. „Me too.“

„So you don’t hate me?“ Daehyun asked still holding Youngjae close.

„I could never hate you, Dae“ Youngjae looked at Daehyun with watery eyes.

„Want to come inside?“ Daehyun suggested, my neighbour, is looking at us weirdly.“ He looked at his neighbour who was staring at them through a half-closed door.

„Sure, sorry.“

„Don’t say you are sorry.“ Daehyun said with a low voice, wrapping his arm around Youngjae waist.

„I do not wanna fight with you never again,“ Youngjae said once they were in the flat.

Daehyun was smiling at him. „It was the most tiring school day I ever had.“

„I am sorry.“ Youngjae said once again.

„Hey, it is not your fault.“ Daehyun said.

„I don’t deserve you,“ Youngjae said quietly.

„If you are thinking about running away once again I swear I will hunt you down.“ Daehyun said with a serious face.

Youngjae looked at him, „I won’t, promise.“ He showed Daehyun his pinky finger.

Daehyun came and sat besides Youngjae, „Promise.“ He linked their pinky fingers for a promise. 

 

 

 

Youngjae tilted his head on Daehyun's shoulder. Daehyun didn’t know what to think, so he just stayed like that.

It feels nice.

He peeked from the corner of his eyes to see Youngjae. His eyes were closed and he looked so peaceful. Daehyun spotted his long dark eyelashes and cute cheeks. He just wanted to plant kisses all around his face, he wanted to yell out that he loves him. . . but he was too scared. He just put his hand behind his crush back and observed him. I will never scare you away like this.

 

About 15 minutes later Daehyun heard how Youngjae breathing became quieter. He fell asleep. I should wake him up. He stood up carefully while holding Youngjae head between his hands and putting him down on his sofa.  He is so tired ... maybe I should just let him sleep here.  Daehyun went to his bedroom and came out carrying a warm blanket. He stopped in front of Yougjae and admired him. „How can someone be so perfect?“ He asked himself. He looked at his face, his pink lips, his shoulders that were exposed because his t-shirt was a little bit big for him. His slim legs that seemed to go on forever. He was truly made in heaven, or so Daehyun thought. Finally, he covered him with a blanket and went to bed himself.

 

 

 *  *  *  *

 

 

He woke up feeling happy and refreshed, but he didn’t feel like opening his eyes. He just saw a perfect dream of Daehyun and he wanted to live that through one more time but when he stretched himself he hit himself to something. Then it all came back to him. He opened his eyes carefully and he was sleeping on Daehyun sofa with a pink blanket. Thank god we are all good now.

 „Good morning, Yae.“ Daehyun said with a husky morning voice.  This is just perfect, I could wake up every morning like this.

„Morning Dae, I am so sorry I fell asleep.“ Youngjae apologised while getting up.

„Don’t worry. You want anything to eat?“

„Green tea. . . does that count as a food?“ Youngjae smiled.

„Sure.“ Daehyun went to the kitchen, Youngjae followed him and checked his fridge just in case.

„Hey, why do you always have one piece of cake here?“ Youngjae asked. „It was here last time and before that too.“

„It is my cheesecake.“

„Like, a real one?“

„Yeah. I buy a new one almost every day.“

„Wow, you really must like them, right? But ...“ Youngjae eyed Daehyun from head to toes, „ how are you so slim?“

Daehyun looked at him with confused eyes. „ I don’t know really, I just am like this.“

„Lucky.“ Youngjae murmured.

„Omg .. is my Youngjae worried about something. I need to write it down. “Daehyun asked with a smirk.

„Just sometimes.“ Youngjae admitted while sitting down.

I thought he is kidding ... Is he serious?

„Are you serious?“ Daehyun asked carefully sitting in front of Youngjae.

„Do you think I would lie to you?“ Youngjae said angrily.

„I got it ... but really who the hell told you that you are not fit, huh?“  He is perfect and he can’t even see it himself.

„Nobody ... just let it be, Dae.“ Youngjae was getting more sad.

„No ... but ...“ Daehyun took Youngjae arm across the table and held his pinky finger. “I don’t like when you think so badly of yourself.“

Youngjae looked into Daehyun eyes and smiled warmly. „I won’t anymore, promise.“

Daehyun smiled and shook Youngjaes arm. „Good, now drink your tea, it was my last green tea packet.“

„Thank you“ Youngjae mumbled.

„I’m here for you, you know that.“

 

Suddenly they heard a knock on the door.

„You are expecting someone?“ Youngjae asked.

„No, only my family knows where I live.“

They were both looking at the door when there was another knock.

Daehyun stood up and opened the door.

„Daehyun, long time no see.“

Daehyun stiffened and he didn’t know what to say. He was just standing there looking.

„Dad?“ Youngjae said. He heard his fathers voice and came to rescue Daehyun.

„I knew you would be here, you weren’t at home.“ His dad smiled his crooked smile.

„Why are you here?“ Youngjae asked while standing behind Daehyun, it was his apartment after all.

„It has been over a week already ... remember? I just came to see how far things have changed.“

Daehyun still stood there, he didn’t know what to say.  Should I ask him to come in? Wait, changed?

„Are you guys just gonna stand here?“ Daehyun said quietly.

„Right, sorry.“ Youngjae father told and pressed himself past Daehyun and Youngjae trying to push them more close to each other.

„What is going on?“ Daehyun asked still standing in front of his door.

„I have no idea.“ Youngjae said while looking at Daehyun’s shirt aimlessly.

They were just standing there for a good minute before Daehyun moved a bit. That is when he felt how close Youngjae was to him. Youngjae hand was touching his hips and his chest was close to Daehyuns shoulder. Daehyun stepped away and closed his door looking at Youngjae who was spacing out. He waved his hand in front of his eyes.

„Earth to Youngjae.“

„What?“

„Your father is waiting for you. . . in my kitchen.“

„ I am so sorry, Dae.“

„Don’t be, remember what you told me when we first met.“

Youngjae smiled and hugged Daehyun before he went to the kitchen.

Did he hug me? Youngjae hugged me ...

Daehyun started to smile. Every time Youngjae’s father comes to visit something good happens, but he is still kind of afraid of him.  Should I go to the kitchen? I just let them be, but it is my room.

He decided to walk to his bedroom as quietly as possible, but as soon as he walked past the kitchen he heard how Youngjae father called him.

„How is it going in school?“

Darn it, I don’t want to talk to him.  He breathed in as much air as possible and answered,  „It is going fine, math is a little bit hard but it is okay.“ while standing in front of the fridge.

„It is good to hear that, and I am happy you are healthy.“

Daehyun just nodded and smiled shyly. He took a glass of water, you know just to do something. Just standing there was beyond awkward.

„Actually, I was in town because of my work, I just came to see you guys before I go back home. I am glad you are at home.“ He turned to face his son. „Glad to see you guys together in the early morning, you stayed a night here?“ He wiggled his eyebrows.

„Dad, don’t be so embarrassing, yes I fell asleep actually on the couch.“

„You let him sleep on the couch?“ Youngjae father turned over to see Daehyun.

„I gave him a blanket.“ Daehyun added with innocent.

„He should sleep in a bed.“ Youngjaes father added.

„But he would have woken up if I moved him.“

„Good point.“ Youngjaes father nodded, his face turned into deep thought.

Daehyun looked over Youngjae who was just face-palming himself.

„Is this your first night together?“ Youngjae father asked again.

„What?“ Youngjae jelled and Daehyun almost choked on his water.

 

„I love your reactions guys. What the hell were you thinking?“ Youngjae's father was now laughing like crazy. But both of the boys were looking away from each other.

„This is so awkward ...“ Father coughed and stopped laughing. „But anyway I am gonna go now, my colleagues are waiting for me.“

„Nice to see you again, dad.“ Youngjae said while patting his fathers back.

„Take care of Youngjae.“ He told Daehyun while walking out of the flat.

 

 

„I am so sorry.“ Youngjae said while hitting his head against the door.

„He is one special dad.“Daehyun said while looking at how Youngjae hit himself.

„Aren’t you done hitting yourself?“

„No, I need to get this out of my mind.“ And he continued hitting.

Daehyun sighed and slid his hands on both sides of Youngjaes hips and pulled him away from the door.

„That is enough for today, just go to sleep or something.“ He pushed Youngjae toward his bed still holding his hands on his crush hips. „Sit.“ He commanded. Youngjae sat down in front of Daehyun on his bed, looking into his eyes. „I am so sorry.“  He said once again.

„Stop it already, it is fine, I already told you.“ Daehyun smiled and ruffled Youngjaes hair. „Now rest a little bit you look so shocked.“ He turned around and started to close the door behind him. „Dae, can you stay?“

Daehyun stopped walking and turned around slowly. „S..st..stay?“

 Youngjae giggled a little bit. „Yes, stay, come here.“ He patted a spot next to him.

„O..okay.“ Daehyun slowly walked and sat down beside his crush, he could swear he was blushing like crazy right now.

„I am not gonna bite you.“ Youngjae said with a smooth voice, „You look so terrified.“

„I am not ... I just ... remembered something.“

„what?“

Daehyun looked at Youngjae who was much calmer already.   This is too awkward already. Man up, Dahyun it is not like you are talking to him the first time.  He cleared his voice. „The eemnn thing your father told earlier.“

Youngjae furrowed his eyebrows thinking hard suddenly he felt his cheeks turn warmer. „Ouuu.. that.“

„Mhmh.“ Daehyun murmured.

„Well ... then I am not gonna ask you what I was gonna ask you, I’m just gonna try to rest a little then although it is morning.“

„What? Tell me ... you can ask me anything. I don’t want to fight with you anymore, so I am gonna hear you out every time.“

„Even if this is very weird?“ Youngjae asked carefully.

„Yes, nothing is too weird.“

„Could you sleep with me? I... I mean emmn for a little bit.. you know /cough/ to feel safer.“

„Safer?“

„Don’t play with your luck, yes or no.“ Youngjae said not facing Daehyun.

„Yes, sure... I mean if you want.“

„Good.“ Youngjae threw himself down on the bed and pulled Daehyun with him. He placed his one hand around Daehyun waist and shifted his head to Daehyuns neck breathing in his scent.

„Thank you.“ He said before closing his eyes. I love you, Dae Dae.

Daehyun, on the other hand, couldn't move or think about anything he was just laying there trying to place his hand somewhere.

„Don’t wave around with your hand, Dae.“

„Sorry.“ And he placed his hand around Youngjaes shoulders, feeling the soft skin underneath his fingertips. I could stay like this forever.

 

 

 


 

Hello, sweeties, I am back so soon already with my new and little bit longer chapter. 

 (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Hope you like it  :) 

 

You don't have to watch this but i found just too epic Kaisoo video  

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v-aqUsw3V0    

This song cover is absolutely awesome :D:D

 ✌.ʕʘ‿ʘʔ.✌