Chapter Thirteen

The First Step

Chapter Thirteen

Once school was over BamBam texted Jackson that he was going to Youngjae’s house and that he should pick him up from there after try-outs for fencing ended. Jackson was quick to reply with a sly smiley face and an okay. BamBam rolled his eyes before typing a quick good luck and went to find the older boy. Youngjae didn’t drive to school but he lived very close by so he told BamBam to wait at the front of the school by the school mascot statue. BamBam waited outside in the cloudy weather and got spooked when a pair of hands landed on his shoulder.

“Don’t do that!” BamBam yelled as he hit Youngjae who was having trouble controlling his laughter.

“Man you are too easy to scare! Come on let’s go it looks like it’s going to rain soon.” Youngjae said as he led the way to his house. Both boys made slight conversation as they walked to Youngjae’s before yelling when the rain fell down from the sky.  

                “It’s just down that way, hurry!” Youngjae said as he gripped BamBam’s hand and lead the way to his house.

            Once they got to the patio Youngjae released BamBam and took his keys from his pocket letting them inside the house. Youngjae’s little sister was in the living room watching television, the only thing visible was her pigtail from the side.

            “Yukki I’m home with a friend so don’t bother us!” Youngjae said before tapping BamBam’s shoulder.

            “Come on my room’s upstairs.” Youngjae said as he took his shoes off, turning the upside down so they could dry. BamBam followed suit and followed the boy upstairs.

            Youngjae quickly began to remove his drenched shirt and pants before turning to see that BamBam was just standing in the room awkwardly. He looked like a scared deer caught in headlights.

            “You can change, I have old clothes that might fit you. It’s like changing in a locker room but you can go into the bathroom if you’re shy?” Youngjae asked. BamBam just shook his head before carefully gripping at the bottom of his shirt.

            “J…Just don’t stare okay?” BamBam said. Youngjae was going to ask why he would stare until BamBam lifted up his shirt in one swift move, revealing his chest. The boy’s chest was very fit, the muscles not very large but they were there and as BamBam grew Youngjae could tell the boy was going to fill out nicely.

            What Youngjae noticed next however was the strange curved scar that ran from the bottom of BamBam’s right ribcage and curved down and around. It looked thick and the skin there was pale in comparison to the rest of BamBam’s tan skin. Youngjae knew the story about the car accident, the one that killed Jackson and BamBam’s parents.

            “There isn’t anything to stare at besides the fact that you have the body of a four year old.” Youngjae said simply, trying to make BamBam feel better.

            “Please my stomach looks a thousand times better than yours!” BamBam said, laughing a bit, his tense shoulders relaxing a bit. Youngjae pulled a shirt from his dresser drawer and threw it at BamBam’s face.

            “All lies.” He said as he gave BamBam a pair of basketball shorts and pulled on his own pair. While they fit perfectly on him, they hung just low enough on BamBam’s hips that he could see the smooth skin there. It looked very inviting…

            “Okay so homework!” Youngjae said reaching for his backpack. BamBam just sighed before jumping onto Youngjae’s bed, making the large shirt he was wearing ride up at the side exposing more skin. Why did BamBam’s skin look so good! Shaking his head, Youngjae quickly got up saying, “I need to use the bathroom.”

            “Okay, bring me some snacks please!” BamBam announced as Youngjae left the room. Youngjae quickly rushed to the bathroom to splash his face with water. Just what exactly was going on with him? He needed to rid himself of these thoughts. Staring up into the mirror, Youngjae gave himself a nod. It was just BamBam after all right?