Last Year

Friendship? Love?

Howon POV:

A year ago Choi~~~~ introduced me to a new friend she made. Being as friendly as she is I don't see how anyone wouldn't wanna be friends with her. Her name was Hyomin. She was a year younger than us but being you, you're always willing to make a new friend.

Choi~~~~ and Hyomin hung out more often as they got to know each other. I was always there too but, being the "to myself kinda guy", I was just...there. When Choi~~~ and Hyomin would hang out, I'd just be quiet but when it's just me and Choi~~~~, I'd be more myself. I'd talk, I guess I am only comfortable being myself around you but, you don't even realize that I've been in love with you for over 2 years now. Sometimes I'd wish you could get things without it being explained but that's who you are and no matter what I still find myself falling for you.

I got used too Hyomin being around where I actually talked when she was around and in a way you can say I used her. I used her to attempt to get over my feelings for you.

I asked her out and when she gave me her reply, I told you about it. Why? I don't know. Maybe I thought that you'd show a hint of jealousy or not accept it. Wishing that you'd say you like me since I'm too afraid to tell you. But.....

You had a total different reaction from what I'd wish. You were happy that the 2 of your bestfriends were dating. "Since you know each other, you won't have to worry about being uncomfortable. I know how you are with people you don't know too well so at least it's someone you know!" That's what you said to me the day I told you that Hyomin and I are now in a relationship. You as the best friend you are, were happy for the both of us so you always gave us the opportunity to be alone but, I didn't like that.

Every time you'd leave, I keep looking at your back hoping you'll just turn around and come back. Most of the time though, I tried making you stay. I was thankful that it worked most of the time but when it didn't I'd always make you feel guilty saying that you shouldn't leave when someone's hurting. You never got why I said that, but that was one of the many hints I gave you.

My relationship with Hyomin ended 4 months later but, it started to become an off-on relationship. Each of those times Hyomin was the one to break it off and honestly I don't blame her. I was using her in a sense yet, I don't even know if she realized it. The first time we broke up was because she just felt to pressured or she just didn't feel anything. 2 weeks later, she asked to go out again so, of course I said yes so it'd help me get my mind off of you. This on-off relationship lasted for about 2 months after the first break up. And the reason why Hyomin broke it off for good was because she didn't like that I was sooo close to you. Sounds crazy, being jealous of someone you call your best friend.

During our on-off relationship, you were there comforting us both. You're not one to take sides, so you found a way to spend time with us both. You were very curious though as what made hyomin's decision different from the rest and since we made a promise not to lie I told you. When I did, you just started for a while. Then all you could say is" why would she be jealous of you when she knows that we're just best friends!?" Yup that hurt. All you think of us as are best friends. Nothing more, nothing less.