Chapter 8

The Police Officer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?! So that means I’m bailed out right now?! Without any charge?”, Hyeri exclaimed surprisingly as she eyed her best friend in full astonishment. Malika just grinned and nodded her head, feeling happy and relieved. She never thought that she’d really be able to keep her promise to Hyeri, and she was really happy she was able to now. And that’s all thanks to a certain person. Malika quickly turned her head to the chief, who was chatting with the younger police officer that was taking Hyeri’s case. Apparently, his name was Jeon Jungkook.

Taehyung noticed Malika glancing at him, so he gave her a slight smile. Malika’s eyes widened as she saw him smiling at her, and she quickly turned her head back towards Hyeri with a light shade of red on both her cheeks. Hyeri noticed Malika’s sudden behaviour and raised up an eyebrow. “What’s up with you so suddenly?”, Hyeri asked as she eyed the advocate suspiciously. Malika just cleared , as she whispered a soft ‘nothing’ before turning back to the files which were scattered everywhere on the table.

“Hmm.. okay? Well, you still haven’t answered my question”, Hyeri said as she tilted her head sideways while looking at her, somewhat flustered, best friend. Malika looked up from the files into Hyeri’s eyes. “Did you ask a question?”, Malika asked innocently while she furrowed her brows. Malika mentally facepalmed herself. She opened to repeat her question, but before she could do this, someone else was already giving an answer to her question.

“You’re bailed out because you didn’t use the gun for your own ‘purposes’”, Taehyung answered as he walked towards the girls with Jungkook. Hyeri just blinked as she eyed the Chief, not expecting him to answer her question. As Taehyung and Jungkook sat down, Taehyung just went on with talking.

“You simply used the gun to protect yourself, and probably also to protect the people around you. Without that gun, we wouldn’t even be able to have beaten that dumb balaclava thief”, he simply said with a shrug as he took a sip of his morning coffee. Malika eyed him with both her brows raised. How many cups of coffee does that man drink in one morning?

“Ahh, I see. Thank you Chief Kim, for answering my question”, Hyeri said with a smile on her face. She then turned back to Malika with a smug grin. “See Malika? Even Chief Kim and Officer Jeon could hear my question and they were standing two feet further from me…”. Malika just rolled her eyes before turning back to the scattered files on the table.

“Ugh just why are these files scattered on the table right here… Now I can’t find the right file goddamnit”, Malika whispered as she menally cursed at herself for being so unorganized. What Malika did not realise, is that she was whispering those words a little bit too loud, so that the three other people at the table also could hear those words coming out of .

“Are you looking for this file right here?”, Taehyung suddenly interrupted as he picked up the file and held it in front of Malika. Malika looked at the file, and it was indeed the right one. Great, another humiliation in front of this guy.

“Y-yes, that’s the right one. T-Thanks, Chief K-Kim”, Malika stuttered as she took the file from Taehyung, a little bit flustered that is. Taehyung noticed this and chuckled softly, simply finding the nervous woman in front of him adorable in many ways.

“Malika, why the hell are you stuttering?”, Hyeri asked, not holding a grasp of the situation. She noticed that Jungkook was not following it either, as she saw him furrowing his brows at the flustered advocate. “Malika-ssi, are you okay? Do you want something to drink?”, the officer asked the advocate sincerely, thinking that she might not be well. However, the latter just shook her head, politely denying his offer with a smile.

“No I’m okay officer Jeon. I just need you to sign these papers for me. Since you’re the officer in her case, I need you to sign these papers so that she can be bailed out officially. Your agreement is needed”.

“Yeah, you better sign these papers Jeon. I seriously don’t want to spend another night in that cold and dark cage”, Hyeri said as she shuddered while thinking back of last night. Despite Jungkook accompanying her, she still felt uneasy in such little space.

“Did you just call him ‘Jeon’?”, Taehyung asked in full surprise with his eyebrows raised. Jungkook just chuckled at the surprised chief, telling him that it was okay before he walked off with Malika to his desk, where he would sign the papers. The last step before Hyeri was bailed out.

“In case you didn’t know yet, Chief Kim, Jungkook and I are friends now”, Hyeri said casually as she leaned back in her chair, raising her head as she was eying the white ceiling above her. Taehyung raised up one brow as he looked at the girl. “Seriously? Woah. Jungkook is normally not the type to befriend criminals…”, Taehyung chuckled as he took another sip of his coffee. Hyeri furrowed her brows upon hearing his comment. Although she was a little bit offended at his remark, she knew that he was right about it. She still is a criminal.

“Hyeri-ah! We’re done! Let’s go, I’ll bring you home”, Malika said happily as she walked back to the table, cleaning the scattered files before putting them all in her purse. She locked eyes with Taehyung for a second, and she immediately regretted doing it, because now she was flustered all over again.

“Well okay”, Hyeri said as she stood up from her chair and stretched her arms. “I’m going to say goodbye to Jungkook before we leave, okay?”, she said as she walked towards the police officer, who was sitting behind his desk, smiling at the girl who was approaching him right now.

“You’re happy to go home now?”, Jungkook asked Hyeri as he looked at her sitting down in front of him. Hyeri just nodded happily, and Jungkook couldn’t help but chuckle at her childish behavior. As Hyeri saw him chuckling, she slowly regained herself and cleared .

“I, uhh, wanted to thank you for last ni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter